This is funny according to the 80s

>this is funny according to the 80s

what the fuck I remember the movie being rated PG, Now when I look it up its R. Is it the scene where he screamed 'fuck' like 8 times that did it?

Steve Martin has never been funny. The funniest thing he was in was his bit in monty python and it was genuinely a good bit.

>Steve Martin has never been funny.

Watch The Jerk and then go fuck yourself you cockmongler.

>It was acceptable in the 80s

It's still funny though

It's still funny.

True, but John Candy is top notch.

That movie was bad and stupid, you should feel bad.

>the jerk
>3 amigos

>You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get.

Name one comedy movie from this decade that even gets close to being as funny as this movie.

Strange Brew

>falsehoods

he was born a poor black child.

Named.

18+

>thats her right there!

It's because Steve Martin isn't funny. He was good, solid white bread in a time where comedians who were loud, rambunctious, and crass was what was popular and thriving. For the crowd in America who wasn't into it, Steve Martin's lame, boring humor was perfect.

YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!

YOU'RE GOING TO KILL SOMEBODY!

>watch movie to laugh
>instead feel

Spaceballs is better

That movie is fucking hilarious and John Candy is a national treasure.

I said this decade retard.

What year is it?

>Candy is a Canuck

And?

Horror & comedy age like milk

>compare one 30 year old movie to everything from last 10 years

wat

Comedy without heart is a waste of time

Sometimes funny is always funny. Maybe your brain has been fried by autism and memes but some jokes never get old.

They're a reflection of the times, much like your meme insults

>implying

Watch The Man With Two Brains then get back to me.
Steve Martin has always been funny, he's just a slightly less good Leslie Nielsen.

all in the family is most definitely a reflection of its time but it's still fucking hilarious today

Not always.

There's only one genuinely funny 80s comedy.

funny like a robin williams movie, funny because it has a positive message somewhere and there's popcorn