Why do people like planet of the apes?

Why do people like planet of the apes?
I don't get any of it. I watched it and there is just nothing culturally significant. Is there something I'm over looking? Even American Pie had more cultural relevance than any of the apes movies. Why does anyone like those films? Please explain.

What happened?

damn dirty apes

you did it, you really did it! damn you all to hell!

you mean the old ones or the new?

El wray is airing planet of the apes and hulk bullshit instead of wuxia and it's honestly kind of annoying me. It's sort of rounded off since they showed kisskissbangbang but I just don't get planet of the apes. It's been around forever. I don't know anyone who likes it. I just don't get it. I'm fucking dense on this one. Is there some cold war allegory going on in the first planet of the apes? Why is this shit getting milked so much in so many films.

Seriously what the hell happen to Tara, especially to her stomach

fucking gross

She died

If u r 4 real I will tell you
The movies reflect the political climate at the time, have amazing makeup, and some of the biggest stars. You're basically uncultured swine if you cannot derive enjoyment from these films.

You're a retarded youngfag. Probably a 90s born queer.

I bet she has big beefy flaps

I think you're retroactively trying to attribute political climate just because of the lead actor and his later political works. You're talking about practical effects, name like 5 other movies with great practical effects that you give a shit about.

Kill yourself ignorant faggot

The original was very political. They were based off books. It's not some shit he's pulling out of his ass, it's a generally well known fact if you just google it.

The new ones aren't practical and they have some of the best CGI I've ever seen. They're also better than all the old movies, except maybe the original.

>why does anyone like anything?
this takes the cake of all my 10 years on Sup Forums for the dumbest post. congrats kid

Faggot frogposter pleb BTFO

If you weren't turning 19 next month, you'd know that at the time it was an amazing film.

>They're also better than all the old movies, except maybe the original.
Thats not right faggot

Are you still in high school? Retarded cock sucker.

>l. They were based off books.
Okay now if we're talking about shit based off books we got a whole fuckload of films that have great movies from philip k dick then we get heinlein movies and it's like kill me now please. If we're using a sliding scale of 0 we'd have to start with a philip k dick movie remake, then like 1 being a heinlein adaption, 3 being a asmov, then 10 being people covering philip k dick stuff for the first time. So where are apes novels suppose to have some disconnect? I get novel vs movie disconnects but I really can't picture it from what I've seen.

Fuck off newfag. Your ignorance is embarrassing.

Planet of the Apes were some dumb ass movie yet 1-3 dealt with various themes from war, culture, religion, and even civil rights. They went to shit on the fourth one and the most recent ones are mainly action.

>dumb ass movie
Kill yourself reddit nigger

They were dumb schlock. Mildly elevated schlock due to some clever writing here and there but still dumb schlock at the end of the day,

Okay. Why am I suppose to enjoy it again?
Like this I definitely remember it had these themes in it if I were taking notes. I don't see why I'm suppose to enjoy that stuff.

No one expects an ignorant faggot like you to understand or appreciate anything. Fuck off kid.

Alright you're gonna come at me and tell me you like sci fi movies and draw the line at planet of the apes and not something like screamers or supernova, I think you're full of shit.

Even scanners was fucking awesome. I really can't think of too many obscure sci fi stuff from that time period that doesn't involve molemen and time travel, is the whole space thing the only thing that really hyped that film up?