$20 billion debt

>$20 billion debt
>spending outstripping income by 24% annually
>dwindling products on offer
>about to lose disney
>soon to increase subscription fee

b-but its going to kill cinema

>streaming is the future

Based Nolan was right. Netflix is trash.

When they lose Disney it's all over.

Can't wait to have 85 streaming subscriptions!

But seriously, as soon as Netflix announce that subscription fees are to be raised, I am out.

Hopefully it will be all over for Disney aswell. I love when greed ends up killing itself.

What is needed is a central database of ALL media, and any service can allow access to any of it for a fee/subscription, and then royalties are shared out based on what people watch. This is the future.

Is there any major firm that doesn't carry any debt on its balance sheet? As long as they bring in sufficient revenue to handle the interest I fail to see the problem

Learn how to business, retard.

>What is needed is a central database of ALL media, and any service can allow access to any of it for a free

ftfy and pic related

it is

it is just going to be bunch of streaming services instead of couple of them. it's like cable all over again.

the old tv companies finally have woken up to the reality that streamin is the future, so they will have their own services where they show their shit. same thing with movie companies. now we still have shit from Sony, Fox, Disney etc. on Netflix at the same time, but in 10 years, you'll have to have the Sony, Fox and Disney streaming platforms if you want to watch their content.

the jews will win again

The moment they do that, people will stop giving a fuck. I certainly have.

>I don't understand basic finance

1. They posted net income, thus their revenues are greater than their expenses.
2. They have annual EBITDA of $5.5 billion and debt service of $2.3 billion, so they're more than fine.

>you'll have to have the Sony, Fox and Disney streaming platforms if you want to watch their content.
this isn't viable at all, no ones going to be fooled by it

People will go back to pirating if they do that. They haven't solved any of the core problems that lead to the rise of streaming in the first place.

There are people that post on here who actually pay for netflix? Wtf?

Cable is far more streamlined. There you just get a subscription from Comcast or whatever and you get a fuck load of channels. here you have to sign up for lord knows how many streaming services and deal with them all individually.

The solution here I think is that someone develops a platform where the player works more like a smartphone where you can add libraries like you would apps. Rather than Netflix having their own service, Disney having their own service, etc. You just start Streaming Player X, go to the library store and add third party libraries to your selection.

I don't really see how this would be hard to develop and I think it would be in everyone's best interest since it would make signing up for a new library much easier.

I do because my wife watches sjw shit. But I have told her that it is cancelled as soon as they raise subscription fees.
The content on Netflix right now is pretty poor to be honest.

Once upon a time it actually had a good catalogue. There are a number of legitimate reasons to use it. Like if you travel a lot, or if you enjoy foreign subtitles, or have multiple devices.

Pirates win again.

>stranger things

>Can't wait to have 85 streaming subscriptions!
This is exactly why I pirate most of my movies and TV shows. I had a nice system going with Plex and Netflix, but I cancelled my Netflix after I realized how much of a shitty catalog they have since everyone is off doing their own subscription service.

This industry is honestly fucking trash and it always will be

>This industry is honestly fucking trash and it always will be

It needs a serious wake up call like the music industry got. Like, its profits need to just one day completely drop off a cliff and never recover. Then they might get their act together.

But all those in India with bad connections...

>Is there any major firm that doesn't carry any debt on its balance sheet?

I'm might be wrong, but I think Nintendo is one. They have kind of bizzare economic structure compared to other companies.

>Nintendo
Isn't their "war chest" fucking massive?

I doubt they would even have any serious self-reflection. They'd probably just blame plummeting sales on people pirating their content even though the whole reason people are pirating their content is because of how they fucked everything up. That's what they've been doing the past 10-15 years

Both of you are correct

They need to stop producing so much utter crap.

They finance an endless stream of boring as fuck left wing ideololgical documentaries which no one likes, but occasionally they do a True Crime one and everyone loves it. Stick with True Crime, Unexmplained Mysteries etc. People love that shit. Not "My Two Gay Muslim Jihadi Dad's".

And my god, less garbage tier improve style comedies. I'm not a fan of Ozarks or anything, but that sort of stuff is better. El Chap/Naro's -stuff people actually like, not just tailoring content for what you THINK women want to watch.

I dunno how successful/unsuccessful the stand up stuff is.

I also think their movie set up is weird - Bright? War Machine?

Why not just stick with excellent smaller budgeted indies?

Also maybe fill the void of action/horror/sci-fi that died in the 90's when the video market got taken over by Blockbuster and the major studios.

Netflix doesn't produce crap, they produce propaganda, and people aren't buying propaganda any more. And that's why they're losing so much money.

It's like the spell of the leftists has worn off and the average American has had enough.

If I ran this business I would try to sell to everyone. Political messages are for politicians. I'm in the entertainment biz. I want asses in the seats. I don't care who the fuck they voted for.

The fact that I still HAVE to use cinemageddon is pathetic.

Amazon (for books) isn't perfect, but why all the studios can't just pool in on one central resource and give you a seris of different payment options (and allowing DRM free downloads for a reasonable price, like 5 bucks) AND also giving you special features etc is beyond me.

There's a bunch of shit in my country I have to pirate because they don't even have the platforms to distribute them here.

>more than fine

If they actually succeed in their expansion. Otherwise they're just as fucked as anyone else who takes on debt and can't pay it back. Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last.

I'm telling my wife it's getting cancelled too.

>Stranger Things
>Narcos

>Very rare movie I might have missed a few years ago

I have 4 subscription services. I could just get a seedbox and a VPN instead and not have to deal with this shit.

>>Sup Forums

>I fail to see the problem

Neither did about 100 movie studios in the 80's and 90's.

At a certain point your investors will expect to see returns that aren't generated from borrowing and promises based on future expansion. When it doesn't come, they bail, you lose your money, you can't pay your debt and then Disney buys you and remakes your back catalogue.

i like their developing new shows and movies and posting whole seasons at the same time.

i wish they'll allow us to pay on a per show or movie basis instead of a monthly subscription, though. i only like a few of their shows.

>annual EBITDA of $5.5 billion
>earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization

and I've got 25 inch cock if I include my spine.

The documentaries contain a ton of shitty propaganda sure, but have a look at their entertainment catalogue. There is so much utter, utter garbage on there that shouldn't exist. There are ton of indie films they could buy/finance, but instead they have things like "Friends From College". It's barely even a real show. "Master Of None" - These things belong on YouTube Red.

Can't you just torrent the shit the bitch wants to watch?

Netflxi bit off more than they can chew.

I can stream everything for free. Checkmate, Netflix.

>Not like Netflix is now a political position

How about you take your own advice

They're attempting a super aggressive expansion which is typical for companies that are growing for the first time.

major growth -> shrink -> steady growth

Nope, what is actually needed is to revert copyright laws pre Disney's Mickey Mouse lobbying.

If Disney had let Mickey Mouse simply enter public domain, Lord of the Rings would be in public domain right now.

So copyright laws should go back to their original state and more public domain backing.

>But I have told her that it is cancelled as soon as they raise subscription fees.

So the change from $9.99 to $11.99 is the deal breaker? Better get a better job than Taco Bell Paco, because you're about to get cucked over your jewry. $40 extra a year is a deal breaker! Might as well start building a cuck shed.

Investing in the future goy.

It's kinda hard to argue if a dubstep album is worth buying.

Original series were a mistake

Biggest companies that carry no debt and have had postivive growth over the last three years;

Monster Energy Drinks

Fitbit

Chipotle

Some investment and technology companies I don't care about.

They should really stop region locking content desu. I would gladly pay if I had access to all their library.

The only ones winning from the fragmentation of online streaming are the pirates.

Mustardrace reporting in - getting the superior service and product for free.

>You should pay more money for a service that is already overpriced

For what purpose?

Yeah I think they're going to be ok.

No, but they should also push for mergers and acquisitions of different already existing properties.

Apple. Netflix is just scamming investor money to expand to death. Same with Amazon.

Its called growing the company u fucking mongloid. Netflix is probably worth 100 billion.

She'd divorce me just over the thought user.

They'll be fine when they figure out how to stop financing total garbage and focus on the good shows.

>soon to increase subscription fee
>mfw not a leaf

>can watch thousands of movies for 9 bux
>overpriced
kys asap

I can watch thousands of movies for free though.

Nine bucks is nine bucks more than nothing.

How do you unblock this fucker after they came down on VPNs?

t. walmart shill

>Netflix enters my country
>they charge what would be for American 32$
>only 1/4 of their library
>additionaly anti-piracy law are pretty much non existent (or rather exist, but are too shitty to work properly)
>people are used to pirate things from the internet since the beginning

Lol, good luck. Even our own television networks streams their own shows for free on their websites, because they know people won't pay them.

What if... what if... we bundled all the streaming services together in one package

u pay $10 every month to watch the latest capeshit but cant pay for netflix?

>b-but its going to kill cinema
They started the fire. The fire rises.
They expect to find one of them in the wreckage.

>uTorrent

Wew, lad...

It is but when you need to subscribe to various different streaming services due to copyright and cash then it becomes a mass failure.

In my country the same shit is going on, HBO stopped adding their service to one provider's basic channel package (for a small fee), now people need to get HBO separate (more expensive), they use netflix separate, they use spotify which does not have all music avaliable, you have various other services for music and the list goes on and on. It beats the entire purpose.

>and people aren't buying propaganda any more
MSM and Sup Forums beg to differ

/biz/ here, Sup Forums should stick to commenting on capeshit and pickle rick instead of pretending they know anything about evaluating a company's balance sheet

shhh, Sup Forums doesn't qualify as propaganda to him

kek

KEK

K E K

For anyone not big on investing, that figure is about 10x larger than the average for a S&P500 company

>Sup Forums still thinks the budget of any movie is always +$100 million
>studios don't have an advertising budget independent of a given release, and tapped into as necessary to give struggling releases a boost

>u pay $10 bucks a month to watch the latest capeshit

The only capeshit I have seen this year is GoTG 2, which I didn't pay for. I had free tickets.

>can't pay for netflix

I do. If the price goes up, I *won't*

I can take a 20 dollar note, set it on fire, and wash the ahses down the sink.

Why would I do that?

You're being illogical.

Thirld world country?

>why all the studios can't just pool in on one central resource

Because it is illegal.

You guys are all crazy if you think if all the studios got together and offered one service that would be best for everyone.

I think he means Sup Forums believes everyone that isn't Sup Forums are sheeple controlled by propaganda.

They really are the fedora tippers of current year.

>pretending they know anything about evaluating a company's balance sheet

but /biz/ has also no clue. It's shitcoinshiling 24/7 with occasional "How much money do I need for GF like this?"

Nah, second if we're going by Cold War definitions.

>It's illegal

Explain video stores.

Nominally it would be a third party - Hell, it could just be Netflix.

I honestly wish the streaming services would get it together already, I'm running out of server space and cloud storage isn't fucking cheap.

They'll be fine, Amazon will buy them out if worst comes to worst.

What the fuck are video stores?

Also, most of us pay for convenience. It's not really the price issue.

What the hell am I supposed to do to get free stuff like this? I mean, I use Foam and torrent stuff with utorrent, but I feel like theres some new way that you guys do it that I'm not in the know about.

Ex. Kodi - exposed; I only found out about that shit when it was already big with normies. Boss from work told me about this jailbroken fire stick of his. I use it now too, but it seems to big thing now for feds to crack down on.

But how about original movies??

Apple has heaps of debt because they don't actually have any $$$ in the USA to pay for dividends to shareholders or any other investments.

True, they have ~$260B parked overseas, but they can't bring it back into the country otherwise it will get taxed @ the difference between 35% and the country it was booked in (probably Ireland, which leaves a balance of around 22% to be taxed on every dollar brought in)

So instead they borrow against their overseas cash reserves

u can get on a private tracker then use qbittorrent to watch as it downloads. right click the movie and 'download in sequential order'. Then if you have decent internet u can just watch it on vlc without interruption.

Was this kino?

I say it because in spain is very similar and we are first world supossedly

This is a bizarre question.

Am I so old that it's now considered strange to NOT pay for content?

I mean...there are thousands of free movies on YouTube or pirate streaming services.

Or you know...torrents or usenet, if you want to copy movies...

>It's not really the price issue.

From what I've seen people will pay for, at maximum, two streaming services. I paid for Netflix and Amazon Prime, although I don't really give a shit about Prime and didn't get prime for the video.

I'd pay for HBO Go if they offered it in my country.

>qbittorrent
lol fuck qstalledmeme

>If you're not a white guilt faggot like me your brainwasehd

this is what anti whire cucks actually believe

>Marlon Wayans sex comedies

>Adam Sandler improv movies

Apparently this is their top performing content.

So it's still torrenting, but with secret club private trackers and not pirate bay and demonoid? I'm not missing out on some great new underground shit?

Most people aren't into identity politics of the SJW or Sup Forums variety, hate to break this to you

well u can watch camrips on shitty pirate sites. my method works if you want to watch 20 gb blu ray rips and dont mind a few extra clicks.

then why are being a subservant cuck to the leftists?