Would the machines honor the deal with Cypher?

Would the machines honor the deal with Cypher?

Yes, why not?

Why would they? It would expend more energy to transport him back to a pod, mindwipe him, and get him all cozy than it would be to just kill him.

I can't blame Cypher for wanting to go back but I also don't think the machines would honor any deal.

no

>Killing him and growing a completely new human for energy would be easier than just plugging him back in

OK

I always loved this scene but as soon as I realised that he'd need a second person to help him jack in AND need the ship to be bought up to broadcast depth, it really ruined it for me.

They would be coldly logical about it. The energy they collect off of him in the pod versus the cost of putting him in. Given that the machines were all about efficiency and that they put millions of new people in pods every single day, it would probably be easy as piss to put him back in, and again, with their efficiency autism, they could probably get a thousand fold back the energy harvested from him.

As far as him being someone important in the Matrix? That's more debateable, but the Engineer seemed offended at the notion that machines would break their word. So probably.

Why would he need a second person? Just because we see other people use seconds doesn't mean it's 100% required. It might be like a doctor giving you a shot. Addicts do it to themselves all the time, it's just not as safe.

What if neo wasent saved at the last minute from being fried with that tesla cannon thingy?

Smith answers this when he is informed that the sentinels found the ship and tells the other agents to order the attack. They had no intention of saving cypher - they already have 7 billion batteries, why take all that bother for another one?

Probably. The machines seem pretty clinical and I doubt they'd see any reason to not hold up their end of the bargain.

Only if they could. I wonder if they even have the ability to wipe his memories.

Smith is a rogue though.

smith is the one, he set out to destroy the matrix and neo, being the fail safe, stopped him

you're not using this meme correctly. russian subhumans deny facts and ask for more evidence when provided with plenty

Insufficient evidence for your claim. I have seen the future and posted it in advance in order to maximize my time spent berating you, you obese butter brain

Jesus Christ, is this turning into the next forced epic may may?

a quick rundown on the one:
>born inside the matrix
>able to remake the Matrix as he saw fit
>Hail the destruction of the Matrix
>End the war
>Bring freedom to our people
>Breaking the Cycle

Agent Smith:
>born inside the matrix
>remade the matrix as he saw fit could even create duplicates of himself
>wanted to destroy the matrix out of pure hatred of humans
>if he had been successful he would've ended the war by removing the machine's powersource
>by destroying the matrix the humans would be free again to explore the real world
>by destroying the matrix he would've broken the cycle

Neo:
>born outside the matrix as a fetus and was later installed into the matrix by the machines
>couldn't remake the matrix, he could manipulate it but he still had to adhere to the code
>only wanted to destroy the matrix because people told him he had to
>wanted to end the war but ended up making a truce with the machines
>did not bring true freedom to his people
>did not break the cycle

Just stupid really, and shows you shouldnt be critically analysing film

He pilots the ship himself and leaves it in autopilot. Before he jacks in he opens a line to get out and leaves it open, so the phone is ringing in some random room while he is eating his steak.