I really liked the finale. Really depressing when you think about it...

I really liked the finale. Really depressing when you think about it. Too bad they didn't add that funeral scene that would have made the whole "moving on" thing at the end more understandable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wyxDEaugr5M?t=3m31s
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFmtDaKINY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The ending was the pinnacle of a heap of trash that the last few seasons were. Fucking garbage.

Also fuck Ted.

season 9 wasn't well-written but I think that the whole idea of Ted being a lonely old dude who lose the love of his live and has trouble moving on is pretty d e e p

Definitive actor power rankings:

1. Neil Patrick Harris
2. Jason Segel
3. Allison Hannigan
4. Josh Radnor
5. Cobie Smulders

Marshall > all

I really think the wedding story arc was perfect and the last season, finale included, were a perfect cap to the series when viewed from a larger perspective (binge watching) as opposed to the week-by-week drama we had at the time

the show started focusin on barney too much near season 7, fuck barney

I think they really flanderized him in those last seasons but he was always fun to watch

>spend an entire season doing literally nothing at all, detailing in mind-numbing excruciating detail the relatively dull events of a single weekend
>cram decades of character development into the last episode like an afterthought

no fuck the finale and fuck you

The ending was already set in stone like 9 years before. The writers cucked themselves into a corner and said fuck you to all the character development they made with Barney and Robin. All in literally a SINGLE episode. Absolutely horseshit execution just because of their autism filled adherence to their badly envisioned ending.

Barney became the Iron Man of HIMYM

>let's spend some time looking at this particular character dynamic
>NNO HERE'S BARNEY HE'S DOING SOMETHING WACKY BUT SOMEHOW CRUCIAL TO THE WELFARE OF THE GROUP HAHA

Times when the writers pissed you off most

>show us Robins kids for a whole episode
>"Anyway its probably for the best you're imaginary"

this season 8 gem

Marshall: Robin's still in love with you Ted, she told me
*cliffhanger commercial break*
*comes back*
Ted: Robin said that?
Marshall: No I was kidding lol

barney character development was shit, the guy became a romantic douchebag adult child, he was the best when he was just a sociopathic pervers. But the ending makes sense because the woman of his life is not a woman but his daughter

Ending would had worked if she doesn't marry Barney. Like, what the fuck even, B&R was OK for filler in S4, but marrying them may be even more stupid than Joey&Rachel.

I wish the last season was about them growing up, kinda like Scrubs S8, but of course it would had been hard to top the most kino last season ever.

>watching season 9
>suddenly Britanick appear

Reminder that Robin whips out her tits in the bloopers youtu.be/wyxDEaugr5M?t=3m31s

somehow I imagine that this post is far funnier than the actual scene

>Lily: I've been manipulating your life for years, I've broken up your relationships, I've interfered in your personal business in the most intimate ways because I want you to live the way I ant you to live.
>Ted: OK

Alternatively
>Lily: I can't believe you want me to not move the whole family to Italy to do a job I literally fell into because Ted happened to bang the right slut and which I've put no work in to achieve since I graduated college and just did the easiest fucking thing possible and became a kindergarten teacher all so you can take a very well-paid and prestigious job which would be a great honour for you and would pretty much set the family for life after you've worked your ass off in grad school and through a series of shitty, shitty jobs that you hated
>Marshall: I'm silly! I'm the bad guy in this situation! Wow, I'm such a bastard!

Actually no put the second one first and the first one second

Lily was a grade A bitch
>those college scenes which they act like she doesn't have deeper crows feet than Betty White

The whole show was just a shiter version of Friends

They just have gone for an Alzheimers ending, would still be bittersweet and realistic all that shit people say to defend the original ending without pissing everyone off.
And besides, Ted telling his kids his entire life story because he's just been diagnosed with Alzheimers and wants to relive his best moments before losing it all is super him

I can't tell if thats super gay or pretty good
I'd have liked it either way desu unless they did it REALLY bad since I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff

> Entire season spent on Barney's character development
> Throws it all away in the last episode

But, why?

>Babe we have a no money because we have a horrible mortgage because you secretly had a load of credit card debt that you didn't mention at all during the whole mortgage process for some reason so you have to sell some of the clothes that you bought with the credit cards that resulted in the debt which gave us our horrible mortgage so that we can fix the slanted floor in our apartment that we bought with our mortgage which, as I've mentioned is horrible, because of your credit card debt
>You're a monster!

F U C K
L I L Y

Marshall could have had such a rad life if he hadn't been chained to that useless bitch

>positive outlook on life
>charismatic as fuck
>law degree
>supportive family structure
>good friends
>massive penis

He was set to take on the world

>All in literally a SINGLE episode.
This. I think people would have been okay with the twist ending if it wasn't literally just tacked on at the very tail end of a subpar final season.

true tho, friends was good s1 to s10, himym was good only 6 seasons

Is Marshall literally /ourguy/?

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFmtDaKINY

LIFE is literally a shittier version of friends

>Barney's an interesting character because he's actually a pretty horrible person, we all have a friend like Barney, who's just a horrible awful person but you stay friends with them because you're their friend
>Actually no Barney's the considerably less interesting "scoundrel with a heart of gold"
>Actually Barney is a cartoonish antihero who's worked at a company for years (decades?) all so he can eventually report their crimes to the authorities to get revenge on this one guy

i know right ? He was a good character when he was only a pervers

W...why?

Yeah, every character from
HIMYM is sort of a combination between two FRIENDS characters

They milked the show way too long and then they rushed it

IIRC Neil and Jason really wanted to leave after season 8, they pretty much had to end at season 9

Got a better resolution somewhere?

Josh Radnor doesn't do anything and probably won't after the show.
Allison at least has Buffy to fall back on.

Neil Patrick Harris
Jason Segel
Cobie Smulders are definitely the top 3.

Cobie being the one who works the most in the mainstream out of the 3.

All of the problems in Season 9 were due to the pacing. The best thing in order to the tell the story well would've been to have the first half of the season be the wedding weekend, then have the second half be the years after. It would've made for a really dark half season but it would've been better than cramming like 18 years into a one hour finale.

That's just the thing, the idea of it is great. The way Barney has lived his life across 8 seasons, there should be no happy ending for him, nothing more than the feeling of bitter content that he's been left with.

The real problem is that they spent a whole season (even more if you count the on-off things) pointing out how he's a changed man for Robin, and THEN a whole season with his wedding, only for all of it to end in a 3 minute scene because what, Robin travels a lot? Shit felt like a slap in the face.