Wait, so people only like this ironically, right?

wait, so people only like this ironically, right?

some people were born before the year 2000, enjoy your back to school sales

it's a fun watch. fuck off

it's flawed but fun. there were a lot of useless characters. I liked it more on the second viewing

IT'S NOT MY FAVORITE CARPENTER, THAT WOULD BE DARKSTAR/THE THING/CHRISTINE, BUT IT'S A CLASSIC 80'S CHEESE FLICK THAT'S FUN TO WATCH!!!FACT!!!

I mean yeah, it's fun, but it's honestly bad fun.
Don't get me wrong, I really liked They live and The Thing, but this shit?
It doesn't compare to older martial arts movies, the acting is incredibly cheesy and why the fuck are there monsters?

Oh my fucking god just kill yourself already.

it's a fun 80's flick
nothing more
but damn, it's so over the top that you just cannot dislike it

It's all in the reflexes,pussy.

This is why millennials should be punished with death if they dare to speak of movies made before they were born.

Don't worry OP, they are remaking this, pretty sure that will be more up to your pleb tastes.

I like the movie, but it honestly doesn't deserves all the good reviews.

That scene where basket hat lightning guys descends and our hero just puts it in reverse and nopes away.
One of the few times a character listened did what I would do.
Also;op is a fag,if he is old enough to get boners yet.

dude these people like marvel movies, who gives a shit what they think.

Yes? What's the problem faggot? It's a fun movie. Just like most of John carpenters movies

Damn read it as unironically

No, I love Escape from New York as well

now that I've found some people with taste, recommend me some awesome fun 70s/80s movies please. thanks!

Haha, nah, they're not. You're joking.

Right?

Nope last I heard they wanted to make the Rock the main character

fag

Society is pretty fun

Night of the Creeps is kino, Returns of the Living Dead, Re-Animator, Demons is alright and Night of the Demons is kino too.

thanks, seen a couple, will check the rest out

>It doesn't compare to older martial arts movies
that's because it's not a martial arts film
>the acting is incredibly cheesy
that's the point dipshit
>why the fuck are there monsters?
if you didn't understand the first two points you sure as hell won't understand that one

This.
Add The Blob, Demon Knight, The Gate, Fright Night and Lifeforce if you want complete madness.

It's good, Kurt is wonderful as the useless ego hero. The only thing he really believes in is getting the girl and being macho everything else is secondary, his profiency at being helpful is especially secondary. He's a tourist caught up in some serious Chinese shit.

10/10.

>The Blob
Which one, 80s or 50s? I'm assuming 80s.

Both

Yeah, 80's one.
Never seen the original but I've heard it's a decent monster movie in that typical 50's style. The remake seems more what you're after though.

Lots of pretty good writing and acting, so I have no idea what you're on about.

Only? No.

How long have you been waiting to use that image?

May the wings of Liberty never lose a feather... and OP choke on a syphallitic dick

Suffocate yourself to death in your mothers 29 year old pussy.

they want to make The Rock the main character in every movie nowadays. He draws dollars (apart from BayWatch ofc)

It's a nice movie, but I can understand you not liking it if you didn't see it around the time it came out, since it's supposed to surprise people used to eighties action flicks.
/v will tear your ass open, though, it's one of those that you're not allowed to criticise.

I have a younger cousin who once told me, and I quote "I don't watch movie from before the 90s"

At the time I was angry, but now I think maybe its for the best.

You can't feel the utter joy that film gave, it's a pity but I won't judge you for it.

>start a troll thread
>actually make a troll reply
Holy shit just kys

He can, it's 101 Sup Forums contrarianism, so much that it smells like pasta.

This was one of the first movies i ever remember watching as a kid, jack burton was the single biggest badass I saw on tv

it is supposed to be over the top ridiculous that is why there's monsters

The Thing > They Live > Halloween > BTiLC > Christine

I still haven't watched Escape From NY yet though.

No one is interested in worthless fucking opinions you little shit.

They Live isn't that great

@86327225

Thanks for the (You)

>I still haven't watched Escape From NY yet though.

Rewatch it, Jack is useless throughout.

I unironically love this movie. So, no.

It was the last good film by Carpenter, in part because it was the last collaboration with Dean Cundey as cinematographer. After this, all his movies start to decline in visual quality.

I like it, is a lot more compromised as a vision than all his late films. Also, without this, Mortal Kombat or Double Dragon Neon never could existed.