HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SO LOW?!

Meanwhile Wonder Woman and the avengers has 95%+ !!!

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/posts/3800016
cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered
indiewire.com/2014/01/armond-white-kicked-out-of-new-york-film-critics-circle-declares-man-of-steel-better-than-gravity-in-annual-list-90214/
thecinemaholic.com/fan-of-zack-snyder-and-batman-v-superman-heres-why/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The mass of moviegoers taste in film has depreciated considerably.

It wasn't very great, but it wasn't awful. Seems pretty fair to me.

Or its just not as good as the original material or just doesn't hold up as a film. Really makes you think, right?

That's an accurate rating, today's arent. Critics actually did their job then

>Film Criticism before: Weigh the pros and cons of each film and give a balanced opinion for general film going audience.
>Film Criticism now: BEST MOVIE EVAR! EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME! LOGAN IS A CLASSIC LIKE GODFATHER!

Who is to blame for this?

snyder is the new bay

user, do you know how RT works? It literally doesn't matter what rating it has on RT as long as you enjoy it. Why would you even care?

This is a pointless thread.

it wasn't loaded with big dumb cgi action, and quips every 20 seconds. it didn't cater to people with zero attention span.

>Snyder is the new baby
Don't remember bay being praised as an inspiration by cinematic geniuses like Cameron

it came too soon, if this was made today it would be considered genius

reminder that most movie critics never heard of the comic so they literally didn't get it

Don't most Sup Forumsmblrs hate it because the ending was not the retarded LSD squid shit?

>reminder that most movie critics never heard of the comic so they literally didn't get it
But that's a flaw for the film. The film itself should be enough for the viewer to "get" it, you shouldn't be obligated to read a book about first.
I mean that point is literally the RT Critic Consensus which you can see in OP's pic.

>audience rates movie you dislike highly
>boooo these people are dumb
>audience rates movie the way you think it should be rated
>wooooow these people are so smart. They be doin it right

read again my post

If this movie was confusing for you, you are an idiot

Because it was shit. Snyder completely missed the point of the original book, and made a bloated piece of shit he stuffed with imagery he found in the book and thought was cool. The only way it's competent is that it shallowly directly lifts huge chunks of the book, so people that haven't read it give it props. It's shallow and pointless, like the Psycho remake.

>like the Psycho remake.
Didn't that literally remake Hitchcock's movie shot-for-shot?

Paid reviews retard. They spend too much money on movies to base their investments on objective or biased reviews.

>Snyder completely missed the point of the original book

No one gives a shit Sup Forums you cancerous abomination

Yeah, Watchmen does a whole lot of that, it's the only good part's of the film. Snyder just doesn't get the source material. The story isn't supposed to have a definite hero or villain, which thematically changes a lot of stuff in the movie. A good example is the ending, which the big squid is a send up to the silver-age comic tropes the book is critiquing, it's a good thematic flourish to top off the story. Snyder thought that wasn't edgy enough, so he just put a huge plothole as his ending. Watchmen is a property I'm a raving autist about, the movie upsets me on an embarrassing level.

kinda low but it didn't deserve more than 80% anyway, capeshit nowadays always get a far higher score than it deserves, no MCU/DCEU movie deserved more than a 75% score.

Wtf was up with Ozy's pet demon tiger thing?

it makes the movie more shit, it should have been way better. You can't make a comic book critique out of a comic book movie, that's retarded. If Snyder had a spine he would have adapted it to be a satire of capeshit.

I wouldn't give a shit if Snyder had shoved the comic book up your fucking ass

I really love Watchmen Ultimate Cut.

However the DC:CU should not have been in the same fucking style.

It worked as a 1 off and will always be good

go worship your snake god somewhere else moore

Top-tier banter, enjoy your capeshit, don't push for better movies are anything.

Snyder has said that he's dyslexic, he just looked at the cool pictures in the comic and reproduced them in the movie

Oogala boogala, I'm going to go write a comic about kids having sex, and be a bitter old cunt

Well, if you are gonna make a MATURE film about Superheroes, that is also GROUNDBREAKING, you need to take one mature and groundbreaking work of art (Watchmen comic) and translate it all the way to the screen (The Watchmen movie) but making sure that you take everything to the EXTREME:

1. Violence - There was a guy breaking fingers and burning people in the comic, it was sorta groundbreaking for its time. So, what we need MORE VIOLENCE, this means that every important character in here needs to murder a lot of people, be involved into long slow-mo fight scenes and show their enemies die in very bloodly and EXTREME death scenes.

2. Sex - Masked vigilantes are actually shown having sex in the comic, it was sorta groundbreaking for its time. So, as we are UPGRADING the comic, we need a full soft-core sex scene like the ones we see all the time in a bunch of cheap pseudo-romantic films.

3. Plot - There were an enormous amount of plots and subplots within the original comics with a lot of it focused on character development and flashbacks, which was something unseen in comics. So, what we need to make it even BETTER, is to make a 3-hour long movie with as many plots and subplots you can fit in, but it's impossible to include everything, so we remove a lot of superficial stuff like THE MAIN PLOT IN THE COMIC, so we can focus on already mentioned slow-mo action and sex scenes.

>enjoy your capeshit
Says the guy who fucking reads comic books meant for children. What makes you think I like capeshit when I've specifically said I don't care how close they keep it to the comics

I mean, that's understandable, but he should have made his own thing then. Same thing happened with Tim Burton and The Killing Joke, but he adapted what he saw into Batman 1989, and that movie is capekino

4. Themes - The comic was constructed with complex philosophical and emotional conflicts, creating a profound reflection of the human condition and our place on the universe. So, to translate it properly to film, what we need is to forget most of this nonsense nobody cares about, care only about some kinda ambiguous moral choices of the characters, so we keep the "philosophical tone" of the comic.

5 Characters - One of the greatest things of the original work are its complex 3-dimensional characters, that create a very human tale. So what we do? Take some actors that look alike, make them say some very relevant quotes from the comic in a very serious tone, and remove most flashbacks and most of their development so we can see them superficially, as all of this doesn't matter, since it's just a movie.

6. Increase the text amount to 3000 and the bump limit to 400 for Sup Forums already you piece of shit jap

>implying a child would understand or enjoy Watchmen
k friend

2 redpilled 4 liberals

who /comedian/ here

>k friend
I'm not surprised to see that you're a passive aggressive baby

You're no better, you're defending a man whose filmography mostly consists of adaptations of said comic books for children.

Watch the commentary track, Snyder didn't have a purpose behind anything he put in the movie, he just thought "Everything should be cooler, lol"

>wherever i am i must also rape

>filmography
I don't care about what other things he has done. We are talking about this specific movie. Not his other movies and not your stupid comic book

>We are talking about this specific movie
Adapted from a children's comic book, as you said.

No, let me make this real clear because it's quite obvious you're a little slow. We are talking about a movie, not a book. Go to Sup Forums and cry

This thread is why all the other boards consider Sup Forums a laughing stock, myself included.

That's why you're wasting your time here lol. I wonder how many posts you've made in this thread you big sexy man

wait, there's a book? I thought it was based off of a comic

is the book good?

Comic books are books dumbass

oh, i thought he meant a proper book

Comic books are proper books...

It should be lower desu

It's not a good movie.

>Edgy screensaver aesthetic
>Overchoreographed fight scenes
>Uneven pacing
>No "for you are life, rarer than a quark" monologue
>Matthew Goode as a creepy villainous Ozymandias
>Snyder misunderstanding what made the book good in the first place
>Nonsensical ending
But all of that could have been forgiven if they hadn't given gloves to Ozymandias. That's what truly ruined the movie irrevocably. Ozymandias doesn't fucking wear gloves.

sure thing bud

Because it's mediocre.

Those faggot sissies will hate anything.

>complex narrative

Yeah, I mean if you think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows it must be pretty hard to understand such a deep and dense story

also his nipples

and Manhattan doesn't wear eyeliner, his eyes are just deeply set

WW didn't have to deal wit hordes of buttmad fans that where extremely pissed for the retconned ending.

>literally "NOT MUH CUMMMIC"
Return to Sup Forums you r*dditor

Because there's a protracted smear campaign against Snyder that's like a confederacy of dunces married to butthurt pseuds, butthurt Muslims, and legit corporate shills.

This film's scores along with all his others dropped significantly across all sites years after its release and it just so happened to coincide with the inception of the DCEU.

moviepilot.com/posts/3800016

cosmicbooknews.com/content/batman-vs-superman-twitter-spambot-smear-campaign-discovered

indiewire.com/2014/01/armond-white-kicked-out-of-new-york-film-critics-circle-declares-man-of-steel-better-than-gravity-in-annual-list-90214/

thecinemaholic.com/fan-of-zack-snyder-and-batman-v-superman-heres-why/

Shills and fanboys will be in this thread. They will be spouting the same vague, insupportable arguments that they have been parroting for years with no deviation from script, no investment of thought nor consideration of anyone else's opinion, no matter how well supported, and constant yammering and screeching about "headcanon" because apparently that's what rational thought looks like to them.

it's basically a scene by panel shot for shot. They even included the flamethrowing ejaculation

I'd say it's just a hit or miss movie. if you can't get into it, it leaves you not a lot to give it credit for. without looking I could imagine it got very few individual reviews that were somewhere in between actually good and below average

lmao

This. Consider Spider-Man 2002. It's an unambitious story, but it's told well. It won't stand up to repeated viewings, but on that first viewing you can thoroughly enjoy it. It doesn't make any great demands of the viewers but it doesn't insult their intelligence either. You can tell the people who worked on it actually cared. It's 89% fresh, which is fair.

And MCU design-by-committee garbage gets >90%. Fuck the critics.

I'd think this would be a fairly inaccessible movie to non-comics fans, what with the double whammy of it being both an alternate timeline and set in an unrecognizable 80s.

I didn't like this flick

The only reason that's not laughable is because I read the comic.

Just because of the wild misuse of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

Snyder fought to have the SQUID in the movie, it was the script writer, same guy who VA Solid Snake, and the executives that felt the end needed to be changed.

The reviews on RT are for the Theatrical Cut, which had severe pacing issues. The Director's Cut would've gotten 88% and killed MCU prematurely if that Cut was released in theaters.

What's laughable about it? It's easily one of my favorite sequences in any cape film.

The theatrical cut kinda sucked.

best ever

>HOW THE FUCK IS THIS SO LOW?!
Because it's shit

How long does it take for you to type all that on an iPhone?

iPad. I'm watching "Ozark."

So not only do you watch garbage movies, you also watch garbage TV while using a garbage device?

I like Snyder movies. But why do we need to watch 3 different movies until the "director's cut" meme sweetspot is achieved?

Just release the best product at release. Why all the second chances to recut and make it better?

His wife is his producer

This is an accurate rating. Every good thing about the Watchmen movie came from the comics, wheras everything ws dumb or missed the point (but usually both).

Beats being a garbage human being.

I was not or will ever be "into" comics and Watchmen is in my top 5. I enjoyed it immensely when I bought the DVD. Oddly enough it wasn't on my radar in theaters.

I'm telling you... Snyder probably pissed off the wrong Jew at some point in his career, who has been using their influence and shmeckles ever since to try and bring him down

Don't forget Get Out

This captures the point of Manhattan's character in an image that's completely Snyder's own.

It is probably better than WW, but it is still trash that normiefies a great work.

Because it wasn't very good.

Because it was garbage? It was full of pretentious 3DEEP5YOU moments that were impossible to take seriously. I couldn't help but burst into laughter when "Halleluja" by Rufus Wainright started playing during the sex scene.

Why was Manhattan stealing the thunder anyway? Dick move?

You're still here? Go back to watching your "kino" TV.

The point of Manhattan's character was to be the first on the Moon?

No, because he's so far up his own ass, he doesn't even realize that's what he's doing - "helping" in a way that renders human accomplishment a bad fucking joke.

It's a Hack Snyder flick. He copies panels straight out of the comic book but doesn't understand what they mean.

>Halleluja

Is that really how it's spelt?

You're leveling that assessment at the wrong guy. The only time I ever use that term is to get under someone's skin. It's fucking hilarious to me.

Times have changed.

I wish I had the attention span to shitpost and watch Netflix at the same time.

I wish you did, too. It might help you understand some of the things you disparage at a level beyond the pitifully sophomoric.