/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

Emily Jean Mara Edition

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Directions for use
Post profiles and discuss what you have recently watched, if you dare.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>discord
discord.gg/MJ9EDND

>News
insufferable tripfag shows up, wise anons block him: (that's me)
Cinebro sums up /lbg/:
weeb posts dumb collection:

Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

>QotT
Why do you watch films?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/
letterboxd.com/hellodepresso/
youtube.com/watch?v=Pthekj9wtQw
letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

letterboxd.com/OriginalName3/

that's one heck of an original name

Her name is Patricia Rooney Mara

this may be the most original name i've ever seen

OP! Correct! Song to Song IS the best film of 2017!

Patricia Rooney Emily Pengis Pongis Beanis

I-I'm stunned. Best name I've ever seen on a letterboxd profile. I doubt I would have ever come up with something as original even if I had millenia to think about it. Damn. My hat is off to you, sir.

FUCK YOU

no you

roons

>emily jean posters aren't furfa-

no, i think he's actually taking this seriously after all.

I stuck that Fursona documentry in my Amazon Prime watch-list. Is it any good, memes aside? I was wanting to know just how every furry gets these costumes and why they're all willing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for OC fan-art.

why don't you just watch Persona instead

Everytime you say something you look more and more stupid. Just stop. Man what is your problem with me?

I'm a furry and I need to cum to my brethren.

Makes for a fun meme.

Fake

Your first mistake was existing, /lbg/. Your second mistake was thinking you know more than me. I'm here to correct both of those mistakes. No matter how much time it takes, from now until the end of time, I'll be here to prove you wrong and destroy you. Give up, /lbg/, you can't win. I will always outmatch you physically, mentally, genetically and sexually. I never tire, I choose to sleep. I never hunger, I choose to eat. I can prove anything. I choose not to. Now get off my board and go back to plebbit. This is your warning.

this image is fucking hilarious

Stop. Avatarfagging is against the rules.

FUCK YOU

fucking doggomelon lol

MY

You talk big but I could kick your ass.

FUCKING

letterboxd.com/hellodepresso/

hello depresso

What's your favorite movie of 2017?

Battle of the Sexes

Song to Song / A Ghost Story

Both are fantastic and show just how great Rooney Mara is.

yours

The Great Wall

Why are there no A-list actors in Malick's upcoming film? Are they turning him down because of the critical reception his last 3 movies have gotten from mainstream review sites?

all wrong

lol hitler is in this movie

lol hitler is in this movie

Why don't the Jews just get a tan?

>waifu simulator is the best film of 2017

mike pls

you're wrong, nigger

u cant change DNA

git bettur jenes

I now officially know too much.

HAHAAHAHAHA
you guys are alright

lmao dude this is really funny! just kidding gas yourself in your garage seriously

pepe butt

I don't have a garage. I live in a second floor flat.

this, pretty much

pepe butt

youtube.com/watch?v=Pthekj9wtQw

pls CRUSH my dicc pepe

Stupid thread for dumb nerds. Prove me wrong you literally cannot.

letterboxd.com/Smoothhands/
*tips kino

You have no kino to tip.

Dear everyone who posts in these threads.

>You are a piece of shit whose attempts to intrude on an individual's personal reality as an authority on subjective matters without having the insight to warrant it are merely for your own ego gratification. What's so appalling is that some idiots are dumb enough to allow it.
>You're a hypocrite whose contribution spurs metadiscussion and shitposting but condemns both. Likely, you reconcile this with some otherwise untenable delusions about providing a necessary service but only for your desperation for gratification.
>You're a fucking loser who doesn't understand pronouns.
>You know nothing of film, ignorance evinced by your selections for Letterboxd favorites and even posting in these threads in the first place, preferring repetitive anodyne discussion bordering on masturbation over occasional insight and depth. Those posturing gits are as desperate and fragile as you.

It's fucking galling when some unbelievable cretin thinks himself able to comprehend and appraise his superior.

Kill yourselves.

Point of fact, Donald Trump DID NOT reject White Supremacy or White Nationalism instead giving out a blanket condemnation of hatred, violence and bigotry "on many sides", which was greeted merrily by many White Nationalists, although David Duke was snippy with him on twitter. Some time today, an anonymous White House Spokesperson 'on background' said that OF COURSE DJT rejected White Nationalism and White Supremacy but wouldn't do so publicly or on tv or sign their name to it.
Also, as noted above, there has to be more than just lip service paid to rejection of White Nationalist Ideology. This is a US Administration run on nativist principles. There are multiple people in the US Legislature with open ties to the European Far Right and White Nationalist currents in Russia. It isn't just Trump, Bannon, Gorka, Miller, Sessions, or Kelly. For far too long, the US government (and not just Republicans) have made common cause with White Ideologues when it has served their needs but held them at arms length when these ties became inconvenient. What I wrote was directed at White America, and this includes those in power. Hundreds of years of structural racism need to be dismantled both individually and collectively.

*applause*

NATHAAAAAAAAAXNNE WAAAAALKEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today does indeed represent a turning point in American History. You can decide to cling to a pathetic, fragile dying ideology of assumed superiority which has no conceptual basis other than to pretend to ensure the survival of something that doesn't exist and has never existed, or you can decide to abandon passivity, anxiety masquerading as comfort, comfort masquerading as anxiety, all your fear and hatred in order to join with the rest of the world in the common task of how to live together, to celebrate differences, to learn and grow beyond what we thought we were. White Ideologues are right to be afraid of their own obsolescence. They are right to be afraid that the world is passing them by and won't miss them when they are gone. Their cherished ideals of a fictional White Civilization mean nothing to anyone but them and all it means to them is a desperate effort at convincing themselves they have greater inherent worth than they do. These ideals are built on a complex of lies that have always been known to be lies uttered to justify the evils of slavery, of genocide, of apartheid, of holy war, of rape and murder and suppression of others. White Civilization is this flea-bitten grab-bag of pseudoscience, debased scripture and decontextualized statements from your failed leaders: a centuries-long incoherent muttering propped up by mob violence, wars of choice, extractionist necronomies and the propaganda that leaks from them like old motor oil. You can stand with this if you want. It won't matter though. You aren't being replaced, you are fading away, and no one will ever need to replace you. Your sense of superiority has nothing to do with historical, cultural or biological reality. If you choose to give it up, to let go of your superiority, you will find beautiful things within yourself and others that you never knew were there.

Mmmm

ze has never even seen the birth of a nation

I do think it is kind of funny to say I am a Cultural Marxist but I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

be my friend

Come discorp

no

Good job, you missed out on making a good friend

Thank you for this nathaxnne.
As a lot of people on here know, I live in Charlottesville.
I was not there yesterday (not of my own volition), but I have many friends who were in the crowd that the car terrorist drove through, including a few who had to duck into an alley to avoid being hit.
I have many mutual friends with the woman who died.
My good friend and former student's father is in the hospital with broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder after being hit by that car.
The young man whom the whole country saw being beaten half to death in a parking garage right next to the police station is an artist who was slated to perform at my next music showcase.
Several of my friends have received death threats.
My city is stunned, traumatized and fearful.
And I am so, so fucking tired of people talking about this like it's some abstract math problem.

nathaxnne, I stand by you. Compassionate and well spoken as usual.

Thank You. and I am with you in not being able to imagine what it is like for tobe and everyone in Charlottesville right now.

this fucking thing

rooney

r/gfur
r/emmastone

doggomelon

doggomelon is the shit.

all you

If it wasn't for "white civilisation" literally everything you hold so dear wouldn't even exist so please, get off your virtue signalling high horse. Also, how can you call out one side for doing something yet either remain silent or condone the same actors from people who politically align with you?

Lilian Gish's cute mouth was made to wrap around big black cock

*10 kises*

Don't respond to this post, I don't want take shower again.

SPONGEBOB, WHERE'S MY KRABBY PATTY?

spongebob where is my krabby patty

why not

I heard this movie was pretty shit is it worth it for watching for Claudia and Bridgette?

yes, absolutely

First time I've enjoyed documentary quite alot and the editing and the pacing is quite amazing for a documentary

recommend me films about doggomelon

libcuck propaganda. cool.

Have you seen it? They showed blacks chimping out middle of the road stopping anybody whose white and beating them, they've also showed the Koreans

NAME SOMETHING YOUR WIFE LIKES TO SUCK ON

Smooth hands is gay !