With Black Panther out now...

With Black Panther out now, I figured we could speculate about what REAL African society would've developed into if it weren't colonised.

Due to the widespread use of mud as a building material in West Africa, I would expect the technology to get better and you'd see more mudbrick cities.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=42oZ-sWG7Zg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sentinel_Island
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahelian_kingdoms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu_Manuscripts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals
aeon.co/essays/yacob-and-amo-africas-precursors-to-locke-hume-and-kant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zera_Yacob_(philosopher)
iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only chance for africa was islam

basically a generic arab civilization from the middle ages

To be fair, the only hope for mankind was Greco-Roman knowledge. It wasn't until this knowledge was rediscovered that both the Islamic world and Europe began to flourish again. And a lot of the technology is still used today. So it's highly unlikely that all of these things would've developed independently in other places due to how complex they are. They HAD to be spread and inherited.

Kinshasa, 1921, never colonized

Not much of a chance then

>what REAL African society would've developed into if it weren't colonised.
They not only had plenty of time to develop but failed.
Many whites tried to push them and help them to build civilization but also failed.
What white civilization gave them and they accepted is guns. That's it, if there weren't colonized they would be shit load of tribes hunting each other with stones, bows and sticks.

I would be pretty interesting

Yorubaland was interested in importing European advisors to modernize their society before the power of the Alaafin weakened

youtube.com/watch?v=42oZ-sWG7Zg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sentinel_Island

>basically a generic arab civilization from the middle ages
They are too dumb for that, Arabs were good mathematicians and we all still use arabic numbers. What did niggers do? NOTHING AT ALL

Whites were after resources. Couldn't give a fuck about Africans. Most of them didn't even rule their colonies directly. They had existing African leaders just report to them on things. There really wasn't THAT much of a white population in Africa during the colonial period.

Indo-Arabic. The Arabs got them from Indians.

And the Mali Empire had one of the best universities for mathematics, so what are you talking about?

Not really

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahelian_kingdoms
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu_Manuscripts

Better than Russia was doing

That mud would've eventually turn to adobe and stucco, later on mortar and concrete for one.

Africa was cursed for the fact of being mankind's early craddle, it meant that many human parasites and diseases evolved there and that took its toll on the civilizations which did arise in the continent. This is the reason why despite having a headstart in the pressence of behaviourally modern humans Africa remained barely Iron age civilizations into the scramble for Africa era. Unironically conditions that would've allowed for an African nation to overtake civilizations elsewhere in terms of technological advances would've required Wakanda like conditions in terms of isolation and favorable climate.

One of the biggest disadvantages of Africa is that it was very difficult to sustain a population. Most of the grains that we know of were not native to Africa, except for North Africa. And grain is the #1 requirement for a civilization. It allows for a surplus of food, which creates a surplus of people who can sit around and use their brains to develop things instead of fighting for their survival all the time.

I don't know of a single domesticated animal or grain that is native to Africa, which would've made life all the worse. It's believed that if the Native Americans had access to horses and wheat they probably would've been on the same technological level as Europe when they made contact.

>arabic numbers
You do understand those are from India

>they had fire when the british first discovered them
>in the 200 years between british discovery and now they somehow lost their fire making knowledge

Climate definitely plays a role, as we can see a lot of Caribbean countries doing far better than Africans due to the abundance of food and farmland. The only problem is that you can't sustain an economy on agriculture alone. At least not in the modern world. There's a reason why rural areas are known for being poorer, having lower standards of living and worse education all over the world. Agriculture just doesn't provide enough money and requires a lot more work to manage, so a lot of children don't have the opportunity to go to school.

A service based or manufacturing based economy in Africa would definitely prove the most successful and that's what we see in South Africa.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu_Manuscripts

Arabs were obviously pushing niggers and tried to teach them but obviously have failed.

>Better than Russia was doing
Nice argument.
Look at modern USA and at niggers living there. What you have is rather civilized individuals who are much smarter than niggers they live in Africa now. Yet they are pure abomination if you compare them to any more or less white person. You may not like, it may anger you but face it, niggers are virtually animals

Retard. They were written by native Mandinkas, Hausas, Zarma, Songhay, Bozo, Wolof, and Fulani scholars.

Illiterate russian fuck.

Why do idiots like this only reference AMERICAN statistics regarding blacks? lol

Every single American country has the highest rates of nearly every crime in the world.

The problem isn't race, it's drugs. America is the native homeland of cocaine and some other hard drugs, which have ruined society as a whole. There's also the argument that the heavy use of cars in urban areas causes mental deficiencies. But overall African countries, which are roughly 99% black across the board, are doing much better in the crimes department. Russia, for example, has a higher murder rate than Botswana, the Congo, Mali, Papua New Guinea, etc.

The US isn't the world. Don't fall for the memes.

>horses and wheta
Horses yes, Native Americans lacked draft animals, but maize is more productive than wheat, the reasons Europeans didn't adopt it during the age of discovery is they were too arrogant to realize that the traditional Native American method to prepare it using lime or ashes, a technology known as nixtamalization, was a necessary step in order to increase its nutritional value as this process releases vitamins and aminoacids from the kernel's cuticle. When Europeans tried cultivating maize in Europe it led to diseases like pellagra because of this defficiency so the crop was abandoned and later it would only be used as animal feed.

Europeans were literally too stuborn and ignorant to understand/adopt Native American technology in this particular instance.

I'll take Ethiopia and Liberia for 1,000 please

Don’t bother. He’ll just claim the reason Ghana has 50% less murders per capita is because of jewish conspiracy against Russia.

>>arabic numbers
>Indo-Arabic. The Arabs got them from Indians.
It's all about legacy, like algebra or whatever it is in arabic.
If you look at global IQ distribution map you can easily notice a correlation between ancient nations legacy and IQ score. The smarter the people the "better" the legacy.

They would have stayed the same as they did before Arabs and Europeans made contact because they had absolutely no fucking reason to improve since the way they already lived was already good enough.
Conflict and advancement come with scarcity, something them Africans didn't have.

png is melanesian not black

You know IQ is only a measure of INTELLIGENCE, right? Not POTENTIAL for intelligence.

EQ (encephalization quotient) is how you measure potential for intelligence. Humans have the highest EQ among any animal, followed by chimpanzees. But just because we are capable of being more intelligent doesn't mean everyone is. You need education for that.

If you look at historical IQ tests of Americans, they would've been considered mentally disabled by today's testing standards. Intelligence is a result of education.

Also, there's no reason to suggest that you can even measure intelligence. IQ tests are as useless as a lie detector. They seem to work because they're somewhat based on science, but the science doesn't give a 100% reading so they are flawed tests.

Of course! Which is why Italy is the #1 country in Europe! Retard

Decolonisation was the worst thing to happen to Africa in the 20th century.

>Climate definitely plays a role, as we can see a lot of Caribbean countries doing far better than Africans due to the abundance of food and farmland.
>One of the biggest disadvantages of Africa is that it was very difficult to sustain a population.
Some say you have to live in severe conditions and be forced to adapt and that's the only way to evolve, others say must have abundance of resources and food to evolve quickly. I believe neither of these factors play a major role but they indeed affect evolution of a civilization.

So why did they organize into states then? Why did they start farming? Why did they start using iron? Africa is not some cartoon paradise. There wasn’t even a reliable staple before SEA and American crops arrived.

>Why do idiots like this only reference AMERICAN statistics regarding blacks? lol
Here you go

True, conflicts do lead to advancements. Which is why we got so much great technology from the World Wars. But East Africans did have conflicts with Egyptians and Arabs. They weren't large scale wars or anything but looking at East African civilizations, you can definitely tell they were farther ahead than the others.

This has to be a proxy right?
How are you even alive? Shouldn't you be being cannibalized by coked-up child soldiers or something?

>You know IQ is only a measure of INTELLIGENCE, right? Not POTENTIAL for intelligence.
>Also, there's no reason to suggest that you can even measure intelligence. IQ tests are as useless as a lie detector. They seem to work because they're somewhat based on science, but the science doesn't give a 100% reading so they are flawed tests.
IQ tests is the most scientifically correct and well-developed part of psychology. They aren't 100% correct at measuring intelligence but very close. They indeed measure intelligence. That's what they are and they were developed for that exact reason. You can argue about "POTENTIAL" but that changes nothing, american niggers compared with whites living in same conditions and having similar education still score less. And I repeat, american population has "best of the best" niggers out there.

>proxy
Lolno
Not a native if you're asking though.

Do you know why we domesticated certain animals and not others? Couple reasons:

1. They fuck like rabbits and have lots of kids
2. They are social and therefore respect our authority
3. They are relatively harmless

Try domesticating a lion, elephant, giraffe, gorilla, etc. A lion takes over a YEAR just to give birth, and I think they only give birth to one baby at a time.

Africa was a very difficult place to live before the introduction of domesticated animals and crops. And since Africans didn't have cows throughout most of history, most of them are lactose intolerant, so dairy cows are useless to them even in the modern day. Also, there isn't that much grass in sub-Saharan Africa for cows to eat unless you live in the Sahara in which case they'd be exposed to other grazing animals that would absolutely destroy them.

>Of course!
Learn what correlation is

>Why do idiots like this

>Retard
You and other enlglish-speaking kids who constantly spitting insults make other people think of you like about a nation full of infantile, mentally challenged retards. Good job kids

Sierra Leonians a higher average IQ than African-Americans, Serbians, Indians, Croatians, Iraqis, Cubans, Peruvians, Iranians, Pakistanis, Saudis, Syrians, Lebanese, and Sri Lankans.

Is it magic?

I agree in part, but for ancient civilizations the agricultural surplus does become a necessary condition, I believe this is you Civilization in Mexico originated in the southern jungles with the Olmecs and continued so with the Maya, having said so it was the temperate areas in central Mexico that allowed very large population numbers to become sustainable for civilizations such as the Toltecs, Teotihuacans and the Aztecs, it was the fringe in between the jungle and temperate regions that produced maize and many other important food crops like amaranth and avocadoes. The colonial economy was however centered on the semi-arid regions to the north where mining deposits were abundant and livestock and corn could be produced plentifully. All these conditions/environments are present in Africa so I mean climate here mostly as a function of disease.

Developing crops and agriculture has more to do with favorable conditions, as in the Nile, than with the suitability of local flora, maize got started as a grass called teozintle most people would not even consider edible to look at, maize as we know it today is a cultural product derived from thousands of years of selective breeding. I'm not so sure about Africa lacking in such early grains, emmer and eikorn wheat as well as flax and other crops may have proved suitable for adaptation, there were also yams and plantains which arrived early on from Asia and were spread by the Bantu. IMHO it was disease that proved the crucial factor, the rise and fall of civilizations in Africa seems to be strongly tied to habitat and climatic changes.

Same education? Not necessarily. Most blacks live in the south and even southern whites are known for being highly uneducated because of all the religion they throw in there.

Lol.

Dad was white Rhody, mother white Mozambican. Trust me, they weren't going anywhere on their own.

Yes, they're mislabeled, the numerals did originate in India.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_numerals

Your iq map is a meme btw, it's unironically white supremacist propaganda.

>. A lion takes over a YEAR just to give birth, and I think they only give birth to one baby at a time.
A lion "baby" is called a cub. Generally a litter has few cubs, up to 3-4 or so.
P.S. nice "education" you got". You should GTFO of this thread.

You would know, Mr. Tiger

Yes agriculture is necessary for a civilization, but you need a surplus of food in order to support a large population with a lot of people who are free to do other things than farming.

Without grains or domesticate meat, you basically have to live a hunter-gatherer life and don't have time to develop things. The Mayans would've benefited from horses and oxen as their agricultural output would've been much higher and they could transport things more easily from distant areas. This would've left a lot of people free to develop more stuff. So it's not just agriculture alone but an agricultural surplus.

And while a lot of countries today definitely have an agricultural surplus, some countries don't have any other industries. This leaves a lot of unemployed people and a lot of farmers who don't have a big enough market to sell to, so they either farm for themselves or export the crops for a very small income. Definitely not enough to advance their lives or help society.

Sorry I meant an elephant. Elephants are as bad as pandas to domesticate

>Sierra Leonians
Check attached pic. I see nothing outstanding or supernatural in Sierra Leonians. Just average niggers.

Also do you know how much food a lion eats? You'd need to have a whole other farm just supporting the lions

>Sorry I meant an elephant
Gestation period for elephants is like 2 years. Its baby is a "calve"

>You would know, Mr. Tiger
I prefer natgeo and discovery to anime.

rt it would be worse for the most part
West Africa's wealth was entirely due to its Gold and its slaves, without these all those kingdoms collapse into petty feuding tribal states

but North Africa would probably be better off

Frogfags gtfo

>Also do you know how much food a lion eats?
Yes, I do
>You'd need to have a whole other farm just supporting the lions
You don't need to domesticate lions in the first place.
Also don't digress and stay on topic.

The point was that Africa had no animals to domesticate. Pay attention to the topic

ignorant
many African nations were in very good positions in the 60s following decolonization
it was typical African approaches to politics (Big Man government) combined with cold war politics that caused the mess that came latter, not to mention high brthrates and zero fucks given towards their own environment meaning they would burn down huge sections of forest, destroy the land then wonder why they are starving

>What did niggers do? NOTHING AT ALL

Developed Western Enlightenment before the west.
aeon.co/essays/yacob-and-amo-africas-precursors-to-locke-hume-and-kant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zera_Yacob_(philosopher)

Ethiopia >>> Medieval Europe once again.

That’s an outdated test. More recent ones put Sierra Leone at an average IQ of 91

cucked

>The point was that Africa had no animals to domesticate.
yes it does, it has fuck tons
you think Africa was the only place with dangerous animals?
most of Asia had the same sorts of creatures until the middle ages/early modern era, India still has loads of dangerous animals and parasites.

it didn't stop them

the uncomfortable truth is that Africans are simply lacking the intellectual capabilities to advance much further beyond the position they were in without massive outside influence.

Few years ago I was wondering why there is so much hate towards nigger in the us and why statistics show them to be sub par. I spent few days googling and researching that matter. I also found a study where they did compare IQ scores people grown up in virtually same conditions, having virtually same education and so on. Same conditions different race equals IQ lower scores. Also care should be taken while interpreting the results, as in order to enter a university you must be smart enough and educated enough already.

>With Black Panther out now, I figured we could speculate about what REAL African society would've developed into if it weren't colonised.
Probably still shit, perhaps less shit, but still shit. Black panther knows this.

>Look at dis strong black city state
>Look at how peaceful and powerful it is
>How technologically advanced is it
>We could be like that if the white mayne didnt fuck us over

>And also if he had an seemingly endless supply of a rare, magical alloy that grants us an unlimited supply of power, heals our wounds, can be used as weapons and makes all of modern technology obsolete
>But never mind that

Yeah, Asia has dangerous animals but also has animals that are suitable for domestication. Cows, pigs, chickens, etc. Not to mention the abundance of grains like rice. And fruits.

What are you doing there then?

Africa has all of this as well in addition to other things like native sweet potatoes which are incredible calorie rich and a staple across the continent.
Native Americans had FAR less going for them yet achieved comparatively much more in less time.
the only times you see Africans with any degree of civilization is on the fringes of major Eurasian societies.

I don't understand the Anglo fetish for niggers but the lot of you jerk off over them and Africa so much it does my head in.
Africa would be better suited if someone came down there and just took everything of value then put some rules in place to keep it as some sort of nature preserve or anthropological study

since whitey is too busy sucking BBC I guess China and other Asians will need to do it

>the uncomfortable truth is that Africans are simply lacking the intellectual capabilities to advance much further beyond the position they were in without massive outside influence.
The truth is that America and other countries made a big mistake by importing niggers and then leaving them and allowing them to breed (sorry for harsh words).
Introducing affirmative action and welfare support was also a big mistake.
To keep society from falling apart and to keep down hatred they constantly work brainwashing people with "everyone is equal", "skin color doesn't" matter and such.
Despite there is available statistics / studies available online that clearly show there is a difference and it's sometimes huge. That's the truth and it's ignored just to keep society together. It's a kin to a religion.

slavery was a bad thing no matter how you swing it, short sighted thinking just for immediate profit
imagine what the Americas could have been without it. now huge areas are contaminated

now the only future for black Americans is to be reduced to irrelevance, living in makeshift "reservations", they are just this junk population with no real use beyond the sports industry.
say what you will about Jews but they have made themselves key parts of so many industries that getting rid of them in the US would be like shooting yourself in the foot.
could you say the same about blacks, would anything really worse if they all just disappeared?

All of that came from SEA during the historic era, you retard

Garbage data

The consensus is 91

iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country#

I think we may be arguing the same point. My only disagreement here comes in respect to whether draft animals were needed and what other resources are required for a civilization.

Going back to Mesoamerica, draft animals would have certainly allowed for more advances, but in a world of lakes and rivers it wasn't as much of an obstacle. The Maya had at its peak a population roughly the same numbers as what exists in that very same area today, with all the resources of the modern world such as combustion engines. One of the leading theories regarding the collpase of their civilization is ecological disaster because of this population density. The Aztecs had an empire that on the higher range of estimates was 25 million in an area in which agriculture was more sustainable, they were very good at intensive agriculture techniques, and waterborne transportation was more plentiful Even so they did develop a large road network and even a post system. Both Mayas and Aztecs were more than capable of moving stones weighing several tons for their use in monumental architecture.

And let me make a point here since I've been referencing Mesoamerica, Africa had civilizations which were as advanced or more, and while they certainly benefited from old world cultural transmision, much like Europeans, it is no less an impressive accomplishment.

Which brings us back to agriculture, all industry in the ancient world except for mining (clay, stone, metal ores) was based on agriculture, that's everything from textiles, to basket weaving to leather working where livestock is available. And for pre-industrial small scale mining most any region the size of France would have dozens of suitable sites (I'm talking iron or copper when it comes to metals) so it wasn't lack of resources either except in the Sahara proper and maybe parts of the Sahel, Africa has plenty of mining operations today. Famine issues in Africa today are a result of lack of infrastructure and economics.

IQ test is a shitty test anyway/

"Sasha, moya dorogaya rebenok," cried mother from downstairs, "are you doing your homework, or using internet?"

don't forget that the best draft animal is the human being
who needs an ox when you can have 20 men do the same job
this also explains the mesoamerican "bloodlust"
where in the middle east and Mediterranean the bull was the bringer of life and most important draft animal, literally holding up civilization, in Mexico it was only Man thus while Romans sacrificed bulls the Aztec would sacrifice men because his blood was what literally sustained their world

Ethiopia was never colonized and even stopped a P*edmontese invasion. Look at them now.

>tfw mud is unironically gaining traction as a viable building material in the west

You are arguing with statistics. It's pointless.
You are living in India and you must know how black indians are treated and how do people from higher casts look.

>IQ test is a shitty test anyway/
Nope, they aren't. What makes you think they are garbage?

>Famine issues in Africa today are a result of lack of infrastructure and economics.
Niggers hijacked few buildings in Johannesburg and ruined them. They neither are able to build or maintain anything as complex as modern multi-store buildings.

>1. They fuck like rabbits and have lots of kids
cows dont
>3. They are relatively harmless
have you ever seen a BULL