Rick and morty sucks now

There actually has been a significant dip in the quality of this show since the women writers

These new episodes are straight generic garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5_IcqrM96M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't really give a shit which gender ruined it but couldn't agree more.

Dude the show's been dipping in quality since mid season 2.

Welcome to Dan Harmon.

Seems fine to me, maybe watch something else.

I not liking season 3, but I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's just a change in tone.

Now it is written by fans of the show. They don't know how to write so they take the characters and concepts and crank them up to 11.

Justin you idiot, I know you come on Sup Forums. Stop letting your show become trash!

t. Justin

Yes, first two seasons we kinda relatable and they had good jokes. Now its so much forced its cringy.

generic how?

Welp, that explains the new shitty episodes.

4 was decent and took some good jabs at capeshit without explicit references to specific celebrities and IPs. The last part is pretty damn non-generic if you ask me. Had this been south park, they couldn't go for 5 minutes without mentioning MARVEL (TM) and JOSS WHEDON, winking while making sure we understood the VERY SPECIFIC POPCULTURE REFERENCE.

maybe its just the same as it always was and coming on Sup Forums too much has planted negativity about the show in your head, even if you don't take part in the BURRP GOD IS DEAD shitposting

Last three episodes were written by women. Any surprise?

Well, given that every episode is a "reference" to some other piece of media I think the new writers thought that the reference itself was already a quality joke and decided not to put in anymore effort than that.

Man, I stay in this hole for many years, but the genre meme is finally getting tiresome. The 4th episode is very good. Much better than Pickle Rick.

>now
lol, aww your poor cartoon

>mid

All of S2 was of fluctuating quality, honestly. It was nowhere near as good as S1 and S3 shows the same level, with a good 1st ep and meh everything else so far

Why are women so unfunny?

Fucking this

It's Boondocks S4 all over again

I hope Dan and Justin getting their dicks wet was worth earning the respect of Buzzfeed.

It was always bad

This, the show started crumbling at season 2. They must be drinking too much.

When God removed the rib from Adam he also forgot the funny bone.

The show didn't even change one bit, eveyone is hard on its balls because the show got popular.

You all band-wagoned the hype train and now you band-wagon the fucking hate train.

>hurr womans don't know comedy

You're all predictable and easily offended, damn cucks

Maybe it's when you heard they had female writers

Because most women don't need to be funny?

It's just like asking how come someone who lives in a city can't hunt his food

You sound like the Simpsons' post season 10 apologists

If you can't see a dip in joke complexity staring you right in the face, that's your problem

Season 1
>A simulation within a simulation within a simulation with Rick juggling masks while Jerry is shown to be more and more of an idiot as more layers are peeled
Season 2
>get schwifty xDDD
Season 3
>I'M A PICKLEEEEE

Jesus, you know that episode of... Urgh how I met your mother with the shattering glass sound?
Fuck...

I like the cable tv episodes though, but the one in season 2 isn't as good as the first.

Where the fuck did the more intelligent humor go in this show? I liked season 1, season 2 eh, season 3 ugh.

did you fucking stroke out during the psychology scene in the pickle rick episode? If you think the show has declined in quality I just don't see it yet. Only time will tell.

>Season 1
>inane intergalactic television station

There has been a noticeable decline in quality. I don't know why but it's full of lazy poop jokes now.

You know rick like farts and burps during the entire lifespan of the show right? Pee jokes with the dog episode in s1, also an episode with morty fucking a fuck-machine. and you say it's getting lazy now? u fokin wot m8

>jabs at capeshit

What by pointlessly killing them, giving them stupid powers, and injecting stupid melodrama? It's the worst eposide of the show so far.

It's one scene. As opposed to an entire episode. It's a good scene, but come on now

>stupid stupid stupid

Nice critique, I'm sure your friends over at Sup Forums would enjoy it

Didn't get one laugh out of me.

Also, what's with all the fucking poop jokes?

>Hehe.. the math teacher eats shit
>Hehe... Rick shat himself when he was wasted

The were also the entire thing of pickle rick being a cheesy action flick. I guess you didn't catch that either.

Most women never learn how to be funny because, unlike many men, they don't need to be funny to get attention. That's why almost every female comedian's comedy pertains to fart and vagina jokes because their joke telling skills never developed beyond age 6.

There seems to be more emotions and bullshit in this season 3 (Rick being psychoanalyzed, the bullshit emotional garbage in the latest one).

I'm not liking the way Rick & Morty is going.

Really though, how did they subvert capeshit? The episode had no purpose.

Also, Sup Forums hates the show. They think it's "reddit." I loved the first ep of the new season. Seasons 1 and 2 were good. I'm sorry you're fanboyism can't let see the dip in quality.

And they toned down the burping because it got annoying. Does that tell you anything?

The pee joke works because pee to mark territory and they switched it on humans. Having the math teacher randomly say "Do you guys eat poop too?" Isn't even a joke. It's random bullshit.

You mean the episode where Summer faces existential dread over being a literal multidimentional mistake and the creators got a chance to show off their creativity by adlibbing a bunch of insane shows? Wew, you sure showed me.

You mean a reference to John Wick. And where's the fucking joke in that, exactly? What's the punchline? What does it tell us about the characters involved?

Dogs pee*

Also because some people rub dog's faces in pee to discipline them. The flip is what's funny. And even then it's a week joke.

Alright if the entire writing of the psychology scene is "just one scene".

Then that joke is "just one joke", it definetly isn't the epitome of the episode.

Is it's so hard to understand that this show is both thought-provoking and absolutely nonesense? I mean you guys had 2 seasons to figure out that it's about that. We're all gonna die, lets atleast have some fun.

I've never seen an episode of anything about someone turning into an intellectual vegetable. Showing it's obsurd side like a southpark episode or some shit. But then you guys go and say "it's stupid". Have you even seen the show? They do stupid shit all the time.

Hey. One of the Sup Forumstards had the balls to come out and say why they're so butthurt about the new season of Rick and Morty.

the problem is that every episode so far besides the first one was clearly parodying something instead of just being Rick and Morty going on some wacky adventure.
>DUDE MAD MAX LMAO (this one was the worst with how obnoxiously on the nose it was)
>DUDE JOHN WICK LMAO
>DUDE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY LMAO
season 1 and sometimes 2 had interesting, original premises to their episodes, now it's just HOLY CRAP LOIS WE'RE IN MAD MAX

I'm not from Sup Forums, I just know womyn aren't funny.

You know every episode has a reference to some other intellectual property right?

youtube.com/watch?v=i5_IcqrM96M

Obligatory.

The episode is really stupid on multiple levels. Why does Rick turn himself into a pickle to avoid going to therapy? If he doesn't want to go wouldn't he just refuse, or portal off to some other planet? Doesn't doing this dumb pickle shit to avoid having to go mean that he cared about the family's feelings enough to pretend he didn't mean to blow it off? This is very out of character. Why does Pickle Rick immediately get Morty to roll him out from under the syringe? Why would Rick use something as dumb as a tied up syringe on an egg timer instead of making the pickle serum timed or something? Even by wacky R&M standards it's fucking dumb.

The show isn't even funny anymore though.

Also, pick rickle revels in the worst aspects of the show. It's not hard to see that. The "Do you guys eat shit too?" moment shows that completey.

I doubt it but if that's true, it didn't use to be the entire point of the episode.

Oh boy you really do not get it.

The single good scene in the pickle episode is a jab to a characters' traits which were established previously. It's not a sendoff to anything that happened in the episode. Rick being terrified of his mind comes up not even once during the whole pickle ordeal. Rewrite the pickling into dimension-traveling and you could insert it at the end of any episode.

Even when S1 had absolute nonsense, guess what, it was absolute nonsense connected to the core plot of the episode and they worked off each other. Here the good part is a fucking non-sequitur.

There is difference between HAVING a reference and BEING a reference

Episode 7 of the first season is the most parody heavy episode they've ever created.

>There actually has been a significant dip in the quality of this show since the women writers
Was that season 2? That would make a lot of sense.

Reddit is a meaningless buzzword

Yeah. It's ok if it's funny, like the Purge one or Jurassic Park. They could've done so much more with the capeshit reference.

Because they wouldn't question it because it's what they imagine something Rick would do.

They always say he "does what he wants" and "some multi-universe nonesense". It makes also sense because at the same time he knew it would work he also half-ass his genius as he has done the entire show.

Also Rick is aware his excistense is made to please us, he's aware he is in a show. So he always tries to make something wacky because he knows if he fails to entertain he gets cancelled and therefore his excistense is gone.

That's why he looks into the camera once a while and brakes the fourth-wall.

Yeah Rick & Morty sucks now

That was episode 4 and I can't even think of the first four plots off the top of my head

>avengers shit
>pickle rick
>mad max shit
uhhhhh

I literally cannot remember what the 4th episode was about. I think it was the 2nd one of the season

>So he always tries to make something wacky because he knows if he fails to entertain he gets cancelled and therefore his excistense is gone.

I'm gonna laugh when the series bombs because of that

fuck my spelling sucks

The only good part of the latest episode was Supernova.

Where's the rule34

Agreed.

>Israel

Im done. Women ruin everything.

That explanation seems really far fetched.

And it's not even entertaining.

"Wubba lubba dub dub, it's my new cathphrase"

"9 seasons morty"

"end of this season woo~"

Yea, far fetched.

Here you go my dude

Guys behind cartoons and comedy writing wouldn't get pussy any other way

The show has always sucked idiot

because they are inferior to men in every aspect.

It's just a dumb joke.

And I mean far fetched in that they'd use to explain his actions. They always use those jokes at the start or end of a season.

The first intergalactic TV was good though. Justin really shines in his shorts I'd say.

>Fire half the writing staff.
>Replace them with women because muh diversity and not for their compitence

Yeah.

>now

Also Wubba dubba whatever is one of those random jokes like let's get schwifty.

I think the scripts this season are really relying in existential and nihilistic philosophy and themes that is going over the heads of a lot of the kids who like the ludicrous spectacle of the show. The folks I watched with were of two minds about this season - those who dig thinky humor loved it, those who I wouldn't peg as running out to buy a literary novel didn't like anything other than mindless action. Sure, you'll say that sounds elitist if you are the second type. That figures. I thought it was great. A ton of effort is going into these scripts this season. It shows. They have to be careful to maintain a balance, though, as relying on subtext and and Psych and philosophy humor might be alienating the Average Joe Sixpack crowd.

Bravo for the male comedians there to actually make funny jokes on the incredibly unfunny responses from the female '''''''comedians.''''''' Was there an actual answer to that question?

Can I see some source for this?

I've only watched the first season.
I liked it actually, it doesn't press beliefs like everyone acts.
It's mostly just adventures like sci-fi movies.
But I caught the Pickle Rick episode, and while I enjoyed his plot, I hated the psychiatrist plot and everything she was doing and saying.
I was on Sup Forums whilst the airing of the Vindicators episode, but because of Pickle Rick episode, I didn't watch the new one.
Instead I watched Xavier Renegade Angel and had a blast.
No preaching religion since the main character is seeking the meaning of life.

>tfw the next Rick and Jerry episode is written by Ryan Ridley

There is hope

>thinks episode 4 parodies gaurdians of the galaxy
>vindicate literally is the anytonym if avenge
>their logo is the avengers logo turned upsidedown
opinion discarded

Look at IMDB.

Eric Acosta, Wade Randolph, Tom Kauffman and Brian Wysol are all shitcanned.

Weather they were fired due to incompitance or contract issues i don't know, after that they decided to hire only women to fill the spots.

It's not as if they one day said "Hey let's fire half the guys and replace them with womyn". It's just that when they decided to hire new ones, they went for a little extra buzzfeed and kotaku creed.

>psychology scene
>It's a good scene
Except it's impossible to take it seriously after you find out that the therapist (more like the RAPIST, heh, how triggering) character is a self-insert

>self insert

I keep reading this here but no one ever gives a source or even the slightest bit of info to back it up.

Wysol left to make his own show on AS.

Acosta and Randolph got kicked off due to their weak writing abilities.

Kaufman...I'm not sure how he got the slip. He might have been one of those guys that demanded for healthcare coverage. There were a couple other guys from the second year (Alex Rubens, David Phillips) that also got canned.

Rick turning himself into a pickle is supposed to seem like a dumb imitation of the show's usual ideas because that's literally what Rick is doing. He's creating an artificial Rick and Morty plot to get out of therapy.

>character is an Asian-American woman
>writer is an Asian-American woman
user, it's clear as day. There can be no other explanation.

You guys have some serious problem. Fuck Sup Forums. You were saying that before the season even fucking started. GTFO.

OH WOW now I get it it's funny thanks

>voiced by Susan Sarandon

If they were wanting to push it as hard as you'd like to assume then why didn't they get an actual Asian American to voice her?

Did Rick and Morty go from white to white genocide?

cause they are boring as fuck in general

maybe ur just not intelligent enough to give them what they want

>There is difference between HAVING a reference and BEING a reference
thread
these womyn writers are so creative as the ones from zombie Simpsons

who cares if it's good or not, it's a fuckin anime

No, people understand it. It's just edgy cringy shit that teenagers can "totally relate to". Blah blah nihlist this, blah blah nothing matters that. It's annoying and it's like a cry for attention

So, everyone find the meaning of life past age 19? Nice, you guys must be enlighted.

>Hey, Morty, could you hand me that *BURP* god on my workbench.
>R-Rick, there is no g-god o-
>That's right, Morty! There is no God! Fuck you and my family. WUBALUBADUBDUB! SHIT ON THE FLOOR! I'M ALWAYS RIGHT!
>*BURP* Hey Morty did you go to the *BURP* store like I asked?
>Y-yeah Rick I s-sure did our fans were t-there with me
>Oh Morty *BURP* good 4th wall hey *BURP* did you *BURP* get *BURP* everything *BURP* on *BURP* the *BURP* list *BU
>W-well I tr-tr-tried Rick except the l-last thing on the list
>'God' is last on the list right *BURP* Morty?
>Y-yeah Rick I couldn't find g-god--
>Exactly Morty! No one can find God because he isn't real! SHIT DICK POOPY POOP WUB DUB
>FUCK GOD, FUCK RELIGION, I'M SMART, WUBBALUBADUBDUB GET SCHIFTWY SHIT ON THE BIBLE YEAH! NIHILISM! *tips fedora*
>hey morty burp come here
>o-okay rick
>look up on that roof you see burp that right there look at that
>w-what rick
>that god on the roof
>b-b-but rick there isn't a god o-
>YOU'RE RIGHT MORTY THERE ISN'T A GOD
>SCHWIFTY DIARRHEA KILL ME NIHILISM