Which exact event, aside from Ned becoming Hand of the King...

Which exact event, aside from Ned becoming Hand of the King, kickstarted the entire shitshow of events that occurred in in the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VR6-OfxHkz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Little Finger.

The poisoning of Jon Arryn

What did he do?

True, but to be fair that happened before show started.

Catelyn arresting Tyrion

Bran not listening to Catelyn

>but to be fair that happened before show started.
that what makes it brilliant.

Fuck, you know what I think this is actually it.

And I can see now how Littlefinger might have caused this, since Catelyn really trusts him and he tells her that the blade belongs to Tyrion.

>What did he do?
Made Lysa kill Jon Arynn, sent an assassin to kill Bran with Tyrion's dagger to frame him (supposedly).

Him murdering the boy that came to tell the truth. Had he believed him he could've gone with Brian Blessed beyond the wall and easily confirmed it.

>sent an assassin to kill Bran with Tyrion's dagger to frame him (supposedly).

That was Joffrey, who had overheard his dad saying death was better then life as a cripple.

Littlefinger just took advantage of the situation, telling Catelyn that the Lannisters were responsible, which just happened to be true (in a general sense).

Joffrey was too incompetent at that time to do something so clever.

>implying it wasn't future Bran trying to kill himself to set everything in motion.

When Rhaegar named Lyanna the queen of love and beauty at the tounrey at harrenhal.

Catelyn saving Littlefinger from getting fucking wrecked in a duel

We could have avoided all of this shitshow if she kept her mouth shut and let the boy die like a man

>Joffrey was too incompetent at that time to do something so clever.

All it required was paying some guy to do the deed.

Though of course Joffrey hadn't thought about what would happen if the assassin was captured and spilled the beans about who hired him.

When Jaime killed the king.

This is the right answer.

When Aegon conquered Westeros

When Robert decided to spend all of the "Maester education for Joffrey" fund on whores

> When Rhaegar named Lyanna the queen of love and beauty at the tounrey at harrenhal.

That alone didn’t set off the chain of events, it’s was just a scandal but when Rhaegar “kidnapped” Lyanna, (i.e. she willingly ran off with him) there was no turning back.

But I’d say the true source of the conflict was Varys poisoning King Aerys’ mind against his son Rhaegar, who admittedly was planning on a coup against his crazy father.

>varys positioning the mind
Explain
And why would she run off if she loved Robert Baratheon

The attempted assassination of Bran by littlefinger

>by littlefinger

Who tried to assassinate him then?

this

Robb being a dumbshit

>And I can see now
Showfags, everyone

Joffrey. He heard Robert saying it would be mercy to kill Bran off and paid off a thug.

The entire plot is set off by a whim.

This. If he never seen Jamie and Cersei, he would never got pushed out of the window, starting the whole mess.

didn't you watch the fucking show?

little finger poisoned jon arryn and sent a letter to lisa arryn to spread rumors about cersei to her sister catelyn in the north (like episode 1 or 2 of the first season) because he knew ned would become hand of the king and fuck things up massively with the lannisters and get himself killed so he could end up with catelyn and create chaos to climb the ladder and shit

which means Cercei fucking Jamie started it

>That was Joffrey, who had overheard his dad saying death was better then life as a cripple.
This is just Jamie's speculation (and only in the books), at any rate if Littlefinger didn't send the assassin himself, he certainly was the one who ran with it and used it to manipulate Catelyn Stark into pissing off the Lannisters by abducting Tyrion.

Literally what the fuck are you talking about. Jon Arryn realized that Jaime and Cersei were fucking each other because the Lannisters have recessive genes which means that Geoffrey is supposed to have Robert's traits if he was his son. Cersei/Jaime had Jon killed because he realized this, and Ned was suspicious of Jon's death so he investigated it and found out the same thing that Jon did.

there's nothing to gain by revealing that Joffrey did it, storywise. maybe in the books it will be revealed to be someone else, but the show is heavily implying that it was Baelish.

>Cersei/Jaime had Jon killed

It's fucking explicitly stated by Lysa Arryn that she killed off her husband on Littlefinger's request. In the show as well.

No it isn't.

Here you go, I spent my precious fifteen seconds searching on Youtube just for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=VR6-OfxHkz4

You daft cunt

>if she loved Robert Baratheon

Kek

>And why would she run off if she loved Robert Baratheon

She wouldn't.
So, good thing for Rhaegar she didn't give two shits about Robert Baratheon!

Who's to say you didn't fake this video just to support your argument?

Joffery being bit by Nymeria

Joffrey

A pig

The creation of the night king by TCOTF

speedwatcher detected

> >That was Joffrey, who had overheard his dad saying death was better then life as a cripple.
> This is just Jamie's speculation

I believe it was Tyrion who speculated on what happened and it’s a valid speculation; Tyrion didn’t do it, he knows Jaime wouldn’t have done it, nor would Robert and he believes Cersei when she says she didn’t do it, which only leaves Joffrey.

> (and only in the books),

The books are all that matter.

> at any rate if Littlefinger didn't send the assassin himself,

Assuming he even knew that Bran was crippled, how would Littlefinger send or hire an assassin when he was across the continent in Kingslanding?

> he certainly was the one who ran with it and used it to manipulate Catelyn Stark into pissing off the Lannisters by abducting Tyrion.

Absolutely. He manipulated Lysa Arryn to murder her husband and blame it on the Lannisters and when Catelyn arrived in Kingslanding and told him what had happened, he saw an opportunity to further fuck with House Lannister.

Though I still have no idea what Littlefinger is all about?

While I can understand him wanting to assassinate Jon Arryn and marry Lysa to gain control of the Vale, what’s he get by causing trouble for the Lannisters?

If they’re out of power, odds are he will be also. Renly would have kept him around but Stannis would have booted him out the door in a heart beat.

If I had the funds to hire actors and equipment to film a scene just to prove a fucking idiot on the internet wrong, I'd be long dead from all the hookers and blow I'd buy instead of doing that

It was a matter of time anyway, Littlefinger was actively plotting to set the Starks and Lannisters against one another since before that.

just a hack writing:
>the others suddenly attack after 8 millenniums
>conveniently the king of westeros dies
>conveniently the continent errupts into a civil war
>conveniently the targ lady gives birth to 3 dragons

>>Varys poisoning King Aerys’ mind against his son Rhaegar
>Explain

Varys is most likely a Blackfyre and clearly wants Aegon on the Iron Throne, so he encouraged and enflamed King Aerys crazy behavior to cause trouble in Westeros and when Varys got wind of Rhaegar's plan to carry out a coup and supplant his crazy father, he encouraged Aerys to attend the tourney at Harrenhall, where Rhaegar was planning on feeling out nobility to see if they'd support him (and they probably would have).

>And why would she run off if she loved Robert Baratheon

She didn't love Robert. No doubt she saw him as physically attractive (all the chicks did) but she also knew he was frat boy party animal and philanderer, who would make a shitty husband.

Whatever Rhaegar said to her at the tourney at Harrenhall, convinced Lyanna to throw caution to the wind and run off with him, knowing full well this would cause a shitstorm in Westeros (though she didn't know Aerys would murder her father and brother).

>there's nothing to gain by revealing that Joffrey did it, storywise.

The shitty tv show is irrelevant but it's revealed in the books that Joffrey hired the assassin, to show that even random events by people who have no fucking idea what they're doing, can have massive repercussions.

What an absolute mad man.

There's no way they'd have LF killed off before the series finale if he is the man behind everything that happened in the show.

Ned being a tight-fisted northern Jew and not fixing that tower so that it would have someone living in it, therefore forcing Cersei and Jaime to find somewhere else to fuck and not get seen by Bran.
Fucking Ned.