I am not sure what Tyrion and Varys expected of Dany...

I am not sure what Tyrion and Varys expected of Dany. Dany is not crazy nor is she like her father; she is doing what she has to do to shore up power. She gave those men a choice and if she had punked out she would look weak. The soldiers decided to save themselves and the two rich assholes decided to die. If she was anything like her father, she would have burned everyone on that field (including her own men) and then laughed about it; she didn’t. She made an example out of two men, which has been her m.o. for a while. Dany killing those two men is no different than Robb or Jon killing their enemies on the battlefield. At least she got to point that out in her dialogue. She is doing what she has to do to win this war. If she had lost, Cersei and her men would have shown her no mercy. BTW, She doesn’t have to explain herself to Jon. He still hasn’t taken the time to do it for her. Why is she doing more than he is?

This is you

She is a foreigner that has to close alliances with the native families in order to found a stable rule.

She is doing the opposite, thus bringing the Westerosi to resent her even more.

Waging war is 1% of establishing a rule. The other 99% are called politics, something she knows shit about.

It's her M.O. but it's slowly getting more brutal.

I think what we're seeing is not Targ madness but the Aegon-style will to power. The show put us in a post-Targ world. Now we're seeing what Westeros looks like with them in it again.

I hope the dothraki all die fighing the walkers. I would hate for this to end with some pro-immigrant and pro-racemxing narrative.

this is literally you

>You disagree with me you are SJW!

Sad!

>white males this butthurt they think everyone is SJWs now

lol when will white males realize they are the problem

>burning prisoners of war is the same as killing people in combat

even putting moral issues aside its still retarded to not imprison them to keep their family in line or ransoming them

>I would hate for this to end with some pro-immigrant and pro-racemxing narrative.
>"Welcome wildlings, take our lands, breed our women, man our castles"
>"Setting the slaves free, so they are equal with the citizens of the cities that lived here for thousands of years"

bit too late for that

The complete overreaction proves that not only would no one on Sup Forums be capable of winning a military battle much less a war, but that Dany has become the new Skylar White, someone that will forever be hated no matter what she does because this board literally can't stand a female that is actually powerful and independent

No silly it's ok though for them cos wildlings are white

She's neither powerful nor independent, she would be nothing without her cgi dragons

Stannis also burned people

she commands 2 large armies try again sweety

It's not Sup Forums or Sup Forums it's literally kekistani /r9k/ posters.

This, Dany would have looked weak as fuck in front of both the men she commands and the men she is trying to make bend the knee.

She couldn't afford to show weakness, the olive branch of the wall was gone when they decided to put their pride first

the only reason she commands them is because she has dragons retard

both are right, sad

>Stannis burns alive people who refuse to bend the knee

BASED STANNIS LE MANNIS XDDD

>Dany burns people alive who refuse to bend the knee

FUCKING BITCH, SJW PIECE OF SHIT, WOW THIS SHOW IS FUCKING SHIT WHAT A VILLAIN

The wildings are a lot less wild in the books, at least some of them. In the show the changed the most Westerosy-like wildlings into cannibals for some reason.

Will Sam the Slayer avenge his brother and father?

The Thenns? How are they the most Westerosi?

>People afraid of Dany being a fire happy madwoman
>People afraid her dragons will burn Kingslanding
>She burns a father and son from a major family
>This is good tactics!

Just no. If she wanted them killed, decapitation would have played better. Having people fear you is good, having people hate you is bad. She is giving everyone reasons to hate her. But keep being an arm chair general there user.

nice job moving the goalposts, try to be more subtle next time

He'll clobber her to death with his FAT PINK MAST

Doubt it. The only member of his family he liked was his mom so I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't upset in the slightest.

They're family structure is most like on of the Westeros houses and they're sort of the knights of the wildings. Granted their gear is made of bronze but they don't really have access to much more out there. I'm pretty sure that's only wildlings promotes to a noble house and marries to one of the northeners. Also the men Jon sends Stannis to recruit are also a lot closer to wildlings then the southern lords.
I don't know if this is from the show or from the books but the main difference is the wildlings were simply on the wrong side when the wall came up.

Not him but the Thenns have a level of intelligence and are able to craft iron weapons and armour, plus they marry into Westerosi houses when Jon lets them south

nerd

They both asked for it and knew the risks. She obliged them. She was even willing to show mercy at multiple points. If 2 dumbasses are in such a rush to die that they continued defying her even after she warned them the blood isn't even really on her hands

>he says that while browsing on a cambodian shadow pictures forum
LOVING EVERY LAUGH

>I would hate for this to end with some pro-immigrant and pro-racemxing narrative.

Really? Randall Tarly gets burned alive immediately after saying he doesn't like foreigners and that this is "our land".

>Cercei is bad because she kills all who oppose her
>Kneel or I will kill you all immediately
thinken v v v hard here

Serve me or die

also I'm the breaker of chains

Rickon and Dickon will never become the gay emperors of Essos

Nice False equivalency try again sweetie

It's not about them, m8. It's the politics and optics of it, Danny was dumb to burn them by dragon period.

>normies doesn't realize there is a difference between being a slave and a prisoner

>normies doesn't realize that you can keep vip prisoners comfortable and treat them like human beings without throwing them to a dungeon or taking their head off

>normies don't realize that in feudalism once a king declares himself king, he still needs to rule over dukes and counts who are from royal families with tight histories

>normies doesn't realize that in feudalism killing a royal family like this would mean that every family out there woul hate your guts for being so dishonorable and effectively make a rebellion the instant you made yourself king

And why was that? She grew her army by at least a couple dozen just by killing 2 people. If anything it was one of her more thoughtful moments that showed she has a decent amount of foresight

If cersei was in place of Danny, then she would've burned all the prisoners just to kill Rendell and Dickon tarly.

She could have had them beheaded as is the custom of the seven kingdoms. But no, she had to let them suffer.
I hope she fails horrendously and the Starkboi take the lead

>thinking winning a war is everything about ruling as a king

oh boy, you are literally retarded, i bet you think chess simulates a real war

Only true starkboi left is Branflakes and he isn't interested in ruling

Cool ad hominem fag, but if King Robert can effectively rule without the kingdom's all collapsing or being in open revolt for years I think Queen Dany will do just fine

It's not an ad hominem because i'm not argumenting that because you are retard you are wrong, im saying that you are an actual retard and this is an affirmation

try again sweetie

>B-b-but in feudal times t-t-this would never happen RRRREEEEEE
Maybe you don't know what show you're watching but this isn't a historical series it's a fantasy with a different world. Crazy right?

>normies will unironically support the burning to death of unarmed prisoners of war

>gets BTFO and Has no argument
>Calls the other person a retard after revealing himself to be the true retard
Smh desu senpai

And gave reason for every Lord in Westeros to think she is crazy, so they can either fight her now or burn all the same when she is Queen. But 12 no name soldiers of questionable loyalty makes up for that!

king robert didn't bring raping savages to westeros

he mantained the kingdoms without dragons, while daeneries uses her dragons everytime she feels overwhelmed

Not an argument, GRRM already stated several times how he hated tolkien and wanted to do something "gritty and realistic"

GRRM is a hack that doesn't know medieval history at all and gets his information from discovery channel documentaries and hollywood movies

>king robert didn't bring raping savages to westeros
Name 2 instances of Dothraki raping someone after season 1
Now just come up with 2 instances of a Westerosi citizen raping someone after season 2
The Dragons are there to be used to conquer and keep order, its how the Targs used them during their rule.

Reality does not matter, the perception of reality does. In the eyes of the seven kingdoms Jon Snow is starkboi

See? You are a full retard, thinking that the dothraki would never rape women compared to westerosi citizens

What makes you think Dothraki rape at any greater rate than westerosi?

FPBP

>dothraki
>entire culture based off of rape and plunder (Dany was maritally raped by Drogo)
>literally destroyed one civilization in essos already (Sarnori)
>destroyed many other cities
>sometimes just decide to destroy cities because they haven't done it in a while (need a good rape)
>continually raid the peaceful lamb people of the south and sell them into slavery (of course after raping their women)
The dothraki are like some sick caricature of IRL nomadic cultures. You'd have to be an idiot to like them.

>Stannis burns alive people who refuse to bend the knee
OMG I CAN'T EVEN WOW!
THIS IS SOOO PROBLEMATIC

>Dany burns people alive who refuse to bend the knee

YASSSS QUEEEN SLAYYYY

The show's set the tone of what a vilain is and now it portrays a heroine with the same characteristics.
It is just THAT retarded.

You do realise that Robert was extremely kind towards his opponents after he had won the war. That was one of the reasons as to why the Iron Islands were the only ones to attempt a revolt after the extreme shift of power.

>le i don't want to kill the innocent (after burning a shit ton of soldiers)

scene was pure shit, Tarly's stand there like literal cucks, who just wait for their death. I wished that Randyl at least gave a her some banter, about her hypocrisy. But D&D won't allow this, since it would make the normies brain hurt and it would destroy their message about
>stronk indypendant wymen

>live in empty wastes
>have larger population than any cities or proper states with agriculture and fishing and trading to support their population
drothaki are just an asspull to give dany a moronic undefeatable army

>submit or die
So merciful.

>he doesn't believe in the D&D masterplan

>I wont chain anyone
>kills everyone instead
no more chains to break that way I guess

cultural differences

>I wished that Randyl at least gave a her some banter, about her hypocrisy.
He literally did. He called her a foreign invader.

Much like the Ironborn the Dothraki are essentially parasites. Their survival is predicated on the murder and rape and enslavement of other people. They produce nothing of value by themselves and rely on taking it from others.

they should hook up

indeed, what a sad world

>if she had punked out she would look weak

Because nothing says weakness like riding a dragon yourself into battle. She had a choice, she could have taken them as prisoners then decided to use them keep them captive or kill them to gain something. She gains nothing by doing it and only proves that shes a savage herself. she didnt listen to tyrion or varys who actually know best as her council.

>He literally did. He called her a foreign invader.

Which was kind of unfair. She would have lived in Westeros where she was born, had she been given the chance. She grew up on Westerosi culture, not Dothraki.

She didn't have her dragons when the dothraki pleaded allegiance. They follow her because she's literally magic.

Shut up tar baby. Fucking niggers

The wildling are literally Aryans. First men.

"Choice" between two options where one is death does not qualify as choice.

She's a HORE.

The red witche's influence on Stannis was agreed to be his main flaw though, and going so far as to burn his daughter was criticized as being completely out of character. The first part of your argument didn't happen.

Yeah, because forcing people to obey you by threatening to kill them is totally not slavery.

>going so far as to burn his daughter

It's confirmed to happen in WoW too, so maybe it'll be better justified, as far as it can be justified.

Wrong, she's actually a HOOOOOORE.

>The wildling are literally Aryans. First men.
Aryans were first men only in Iran. In Europe the first men were proto-europeans, ancestors of scandinavians and yugoslavs if genetical studies are to be taken as a pinpoint. Aryans are immigrants from the middle east.

Rickon?

I guess. But the point is she didn't. She also had no one really teach her about Westeros and ruling and all that which is an important detail in the books at least as to why Aegon would make for a better ruler then her. But since he doesn't exist in the show I'm sure they'll completely ignore that.

They never bothered explaining why her dragons suddenly obey her, even though that's also a big part of it so why would they do any differently with this.

Rob and Jon took prisoners you fucking half wit.
Dany, who brought over HORDES OF DOTHRAKI WHO EVERYONE CONVENIENTLY FORGETS ARE A PEOPLE WHOSE CULTURE REVOLVES AROUND RAIDING, RAPING, ENSLAVING AND PILLAGING ACTUAL CIVILIZED PEOPLES, said to them that they could fight and die as auxiliaries in her army or burn alive.

Someone forgot about the sack of King's Landing. Dothraki are no worse than Westerosi, just more open about it.

what do you mean? Her dragons always obeyed her.

So glad I stopped watching this show

everything I see about this new season sounds like cancer

MUH BROWN SANDNIGGER ARMY

MUH YASSS QUEEN BEND THE KNEE WHITE MAN!!

No they didn't. Do you not remember she chained them under the pyramids?

Geneva convention doesn't exist in the time period this is based on and prisoners of war didn't exist unless they were wealthy enough to be ransomed. Enemy combatants were either executed or enslaved; her giving them the choice of being incinerated in seconds or fighting for her with full rights is unorthodox.

Brainlets.

no, he is all of retards on youtube who think an ultimatum is a choice. Did anyone try wording it in "its get raped or die" I bet then they would understand

Not because they didn't obey.

It opened the door for Sam to become heir to house tarly

Not really. Medieval Europe didn't have any PoWs. If you surrendered in battle you were either killed or enslaved; not given the opportunity to continue living as a free man in service to another lord.

She couldn't control them. Now she can. Yet nothing has really changed. Even when Drogon saves her from the arena he just flies where he wants. She has no control over him.

The sacking of an enemy city during a civil war, seen as an atrocity by everyone
Versus
The Dothraki, a teeming horde of raiders whose entire lives are built around the raiding, killing and enslaving of people who can actually farm and produce.

What a fucking awful comparison.

This

Haha yeah white males should just lay down and let us kill them :)

Yes it did, what the fuck?
Common foot soldiers were often executed I'll grant you. Higher ups were ransomed and kept as hostages.

>abandonned their vow and allied house without a single thought in the fear of Cercesi
>agreed to be burned alive because MUH QUEEN
Is this the most retarded moment in the show?

thats completely bullshit. peasants were just killed. period. the nobility were ransomed for mad cash.

>Higher ups were ransomed
>Common foot soldiers executed
Literally what I said in . The sad fucks she gave an ultimatum to would not be ransomed and would've been killed or enslaved by anyone else in her situation.

By saying join me or die she is offering a better choice than nearly anyone would expect. The two guys who were actually worth something to be ransomed for decided they wanted to burn.

>bend the knee or i'll burn you alive
>not crazy

Slavery is illegal in Westeros.

Brainlet.

Outside invader unites people to fight against them. Jon Snow is doing it on a larger scale, living vs dead.