Is shown being in THREE places (somewhere in the Reach, then Dragonstone...

>is shown being in THREE places (somewhere in the Reach, then Dragonstone, then King's-Fucking-Landing of all places) across a fucking continent WITH 30 MINUTES OF A SINGLE EPISODE

this isn't even subtle TV-bait and shit-tier writing, at this point. why do people keep eating this up.

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/314549672/The-Forsaken-Aeron-I
desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-5-leak-hbo-hacked/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>WITHIN*

LFs teleporter device getting mad use this season.

>Bran says Night King marches towards Eastwatch
>lol it's a good thing it's still there after Jon's sea voyages which would have taken months

I liked it because it feels like the plot finally moved after three years of muh three eyed raven

They got his now, is faster to move.

Davos went from Dragonstone to King's Landing, back to Dragonstone and then to Eastwatch in 60 mins.

same argument, everyone is flying apparently

He could have easily just jumped on the dragon with Dany and King's Landing isn't that far from Dragonstone by ship. But how did Dany get the dothraki past KL to Highgarden without being seen?

one can't even defend the plot is (finally -
whatever this means) moving, considering that, concomittently, the Walkers are kept stagnant because "muh final season showdown"

They're traveling by raven. Ravens are shown to be capable of reaching the Army of the Dead from Winterfell within 1 minute.

USE THE FUCKING GENERAL

>implying they would have missed the opportunity to show Tyrion on dragonback

tsk tsk that's now how you do quality fan service on HBO

go eat a dick, triggerbaby

>have army of eunuchs
>have horde of barbarians
>have 3 dragons
>have 1 midget

Where's Dany going to find a general that can command her forces?

So with the episodes we have so far. How would you guys re edit them to make more chronological sense?

You must be extremely retarded.

So at this point, we all agree the leaks are legit and the conclusion to nine years of GOT-ing will be utter shit, right?

You can get from Dragonstone to KL in like an hour or two. The other shit is inexcusable.

sound counter-argument there, bud, keep practicing

>you we'rent gone long

I have a feeling one of the writers slipped that line in as away to acknowledge how fucked up the time progression has gotten.

>clueless how long boats take to cover distance over the sea

I haven't watched the show, but the time within a show doesn't equate to the time that actually happened. Does watching 10 minutes of a movie mean that 10 minutes actually passed in a movie? The thirty minutes of that episode could have been over a period of weeks for the show.

its just a tv show
with mystic seers and dragonwings and other magical splendorous things

it will be explained through flashbacks next episode

Kek

I was watching this episode with my mom and she was like
>"I thought he was getting in a boat to go somewhere but suddenly he's underground here"

The more simple the writing, the more that pleb audiences eat this shit up.

Idiots prefer this, because having lots of characters, traveling, and political scheming and discussion gets in the way of the YAAAASSSSS QUEEEN moments that they love.

Whatever autism you feel, it's on the order of hours regardless.

>he doesn't use fast travel
Have fun fighting in the wilderness for hours

Thanks for proving my point.

One of them is Arya

>Cannot fast travel when white walkers are nearby
mfw

>Implying you weren't confused about that scene.
There was no indication of time passing whatsoever

Underrated.

It's jarring as fuck because it's a relatively new phenomena this season and because it's edited poorly.

They don't use any fades or dissolves, which in the visual language of film and television indicates a passage of time.

They'll just smash cut and it'll be 3+ months later, and the characters will act like nothing has happened in the meantime.

In previous seasons the passage of time and traveling was a bit more consistent, it would take a character a couple episodes to get from one keep to another.

Now we have characters circumnavigating an entire contant back and forth in the same time it takes someone to walk from a village to the neighboring keep.

There's no consistency at all, characters just appear where the writers want them to be.

>I haven't watched that show
i.e. Idk what the fuck I'm talking about. The earlier seasons already established the pacing.

They are right next door so idk why you are complaining

the complaint is now "omg look at all this shit happening within 30 minutes of an episode's timeline"

it's "omg look at all this shit happening within 30 minutes of an episode's timeline, all of a fucking sudden, in complete inconsistency with the pace of six bloody prior seasons"

This. You can't get reaction shots of feminists and nu-males cheering on Dany when your show has good writing.

There was just so much "connect the dots" and character meetups in one episode for me. I felt overwhelmed. But holy hell the fanservice got a lot of laughs out of me. I wouldn't even be mad if Gendry showed up in plate armor adorned with stag horns.

>The early seasons established the pacing
And the new season doesnt follow that pacing

i hope the last episode has a flying magical unicorn made of rainbow ice

isn't*, first paragraph

They are jusy not showing the travels. The time is still passing the same for everyone. The just jump weeks ahead. There has been no inconsistencies between traveling characters, they are all traveling at the same place, so you can assume they are just not showing the travels.

KEK that's like that episode in Series 6 where there was an attack with lots of ships and suddenly Dany appears inside room with characters when she had been gone for days and I was like k...

>eating this up

stopped reading there

>the time is still passing the same for everyone
>everyone

there's this thing called a White Walker army marching towards the wall? started way back in season 2? y'kno?

The madman

The pacing has became considerably faster in season 4, and it is a fuckton faster in season 7.

The battlefield lays between Dragonstone and King's Landing. They're both not superfar apart. Now add 5-6 hour timeskips. Stop bitching.

>not having a 10 minute comfy boat trip
Actually would have been worthwhile. Problem with this and last season is that everything is so rushed.

Remember during earlier seasons when some characters would stop what they were doing and have a little chat about things not actually related to plot? Made you feel like you were having a convo with them. None of that is present in this season. You don't even get enough scenes with Jaimie and Cersei to fully get a sense of how they are both feeling at that moment; just some small dialogue "Don't betray me again" and maybe a random sex scene and then it moves to next scene.

>I liked it because it's a little less shit
Just turn your brain off?

IS THE BOOK WRITER EVER GOING TO FINISH HIS BOOKS?

Never read any of the novels but I actually feel like reading from when D&D took over to see how his writing differs.

Has he written anything for post season 5 yet?

Kek, you're right about that, they seem to be walking in circles. Just like how they were arriving at eastwatch when john snow was in dragon stone, and when he reaches eastwatch they're still arriving.

Is it ever mentioned how much land exists beyond the wall and for those who don't believe in the white walkers, why do they think the wall exist then and why is it always snowing there?

Sorry if I haven't payed attention

All three locations are actually really close to each other OP, you should be much more concerned about Jon teleporting from Dragonstone to Eastwatch-by-the-sea within 15 approximately minutes

>Actually would have been worthwhile. Problem with this and last season is that everything is so rushed.
>Remember during earlier seasons when some characters would stop what they were doing and have a little chat about things not actually related to plot? get a sense of how they are both feeling at that moment;
True, and that helped build the world, made it feel ''fuller''. But if they kept doing that they would never advance the plot.

Yes, a handful of chapters have been released since then, but it seems like he's chosen most of those chapters to specifically highlight major differences between the show and book.

scribd.com/doc/314549672/The-Forsaken-Aeron-I

This is a chapter told from the perspective of Euron's brother. Martin read it at a convention fairly recently. It's the most recently revealed chapter from Winds of Winter.

>I haven't watched the show
Then why the fuck are you even chiming in if you don't understand the context?

It has nit being said in the series, but there's a map and you can get a sense of how big it is by comparing other lands. People know that the wall was built because of the white walkers (mostly the northerners, southerners don't even concern themselves with that), but most of the people assume white walkers don't exist and that the wall is now to protect them from wildlings.

Simpleton.

And fwiw, he's an example of D&D's script outlines that were leaked:

desinerd.co.in/game-of-thrones-season-7-episode-5-leak-hbo-hacked/

Shut the fuck up then instead of stating the obvious. The show is terrible not because of time passing but because they abandoned any attempt at making it internally consistent and using any basic storytelling techniques.

>Has only gone to the bathroom twice in 7 seasons

HOW FUCKING BIG IS HIS BLADDER?

>teleports behind you. Pshh nothing personnel.

They weren't at Highgarden. Randyll says in ep4 they're preparing to cross the Blackwater Rush, right before Dany's attack. Which means they are very close to King's Landing

>he isn't an archmage

Pretty much. It ruins the show.

Perfectly plausible considering Tyrion was NEVER in the Reach. The dragon attack happened near King's Landing, on the southern side of the Blackwater Rush (which is the river Jaime almost drowns in).

>complaining about this
>not how Euron managed to warp in his entire fleet unnoticed by Yara and friends and then warp it from Kings Landing to fucking Casterly Rock unnoticed by the Greyworm and friends as they were sailing there

>ep 1 of GoT
>Took a year to go from Kings landing to winterfell

>North-South Distance of the Seven Kingdoms: 2,997.6 miles

Numbers are canon.

No, they are south of the Blackwater Rush, otherwise why would Randyll say they need to cross it? Your point still stands though.

Who gives a fuck? There is literally no time to spend an entire season satiating your autism.

I think it's pretty cool the show is going to have a different ending to the books. Rewards both experiences, making them different enough not to give too much of a shit they changed things.

>There was not a single person who noticed Euron's boats on the horizon
Would it be so difficult for them to be aware and hasty preparations but still get BTFO by superior numbers and tactics?

It's moving waaay too fast now. They might as well just skip to the big ice zombie showdown because all characterisation has been abandoned now. Having characters teleport around without even an attempt at conveying time and distance is just ridiculous.

Definitely. These episodes are full of in-jokes. They don't give a fuck anymore and have probably shifted all their attention and enthusiasm onto their new show. I can't think of a better example of a show going through the motions than this season of GoT.

Not only that, when Greyworm starts wondering where the lannisters where, he wasn't hearing eurons fleet destroying his, they where in silent / stealth mode unitil grayworm saw him. Comfirmed: Euron is a mage.

>so you can assume

You know it's basic, fundamental storytelling to be able to convey time passing. You can do it in 10 seconds.

A year? Which part are you talking about?

It just feels like lazy editing at this point. We've only had 2 major battles, the Euron attack and the wagon train battle.

Both were excellent, but everything else you could honestly mix and match without any major issue to the pacing and the story, but you'd get get across time and distance a lot better.

I always understood how time was passing by. I don't get how it is so difficult for ablot of people in here to get their heads around it.

>i need to see time move in order to believe that time is moving

What conclusions m9? Pls tell me Dany dies.

Question for you, why do you think that all these events are happening in the space of a day?

>There is literally no time to spend an entire season satiating your autism.
These same autists would be complaining too calling it filler.

why do you think the entire world doesnt freeze while this travel happens?

do you not understand the complaint?

do you think people wouldn't continue to war while he conveniently travels across the known world which would take atleast a year of travel time?

>Question for you, why do you think that all these events are happening in the space of a day?

Because there's a persistent threat of armies colliding and an army of the undead at the wall and Sansa having minor preparations in Winterfell. The timelines to all these events have no way in hell of lining up.

Given the previously established travel times Sansa will be ruling for half a year, and the army of the undead have been marching in place for years already, not to mention multiple wars happening in time spaces that are just not possible.

Is it really that fucking hard for you to realize the show creators simply don't give a shit and are this desperate to write themselves out of a hole?

I understand the complaint I just don't believe it's a very valid one. Months and years have probably gone by since Dany arrived at dragonstone.

You're not answering why you think everything is happening in a day. The white walkers have been a threat since the pilot, they just got organized recently. Realistically where do you even think they should be right now? They're traveling on foot by the way

Distances that were covered over several episodes in previous seasons are now being done in quick cuts throughout episodes without so much as a costume change. Everyone can understand that time has obviously passed if a character is in one place and then another, but the amateurish way they're presenting it right now is jarring as fuck.

>Months and years have probably gone by since Dany arrived at dragonstone.

LMAO nice head-canon.

its your own fault for watching this disgustingly overrated turd of a show that had literally 1 (one) good season and will be forgotten about by everyone in a few months once it finishes

The truth is that the writers just want characters to show up at a scene and teleport them at possible.
They don't understand math, travel time or distances.

Getting the Dothraki to field of fire 2.0 is not a problem though. You're just almost as dumb as D&D.
First the battle wasn't at highgarden, they were much closer to Kings Landing.
Second there are plenty of possible landing spots between the Crownlands and the Stormlands that they could've landed and then rode and intercepted them. It's really not an issue, but there are genuine issues with the teleporting.

Everybody just teleports in this show. Stop worrying about the geography because D&D certainly fucking don't.

King Baratheon when he arrived