Do Americans usually park like this?

Do Americans usually park like this?

It's not uncommon. I'm not sure I'd say "usually," as the two car garage suburban home/lifestyle is going the way of the dinosaur.

In the 80s, when houses were affordable, yes. Nowadays you just put the car in the garage or leave it parked outside.

S N E E D
N
E
E
D

Only the middle class because they're generic cars arent worth putting in the garage

Why is Homer parked on the grass and blocking part of the walkway? Did they forget that two cars don't fit on their driveway?

>blocking part of the walkway
now that you mention it, there's no way they wouldn't constantly just walk over the grass when they went home from the left side

I always assumed the garage was only big enough for one car to actually fit in, so they parked like that to keep either car from being parked in.

I assumed OP was referring to the fact that one of the cars is parked on the grass.

The grass seeds were bought from Sneed's Seed and Feed.

seriously what the hell happened to the market? i'm not from america and i don't know this feeling, but it must be really frustrating for young people (maybe you) to realise that is so hard nowadays to get a house like that while in the past almoust every family had one dream house like that

The garage is probably full of so much shit that the cars don't fit inside. If they wanted to update the Simpon's fleet marge would have a crossover SUV and homer would have a midsized sedan.
Homer parking on the grass is probably an animation error.

It's a long story that puts baby boomers at the center of it all.

>animation error
no it isn't

>I'm not sure I'd say "usually," as the two car garage suburban home/lifestyle is going the way of the dinosaur.

Enjoy your crappy city apartment I guess.

Enjoy driving in infernal traffic for three hours each day.

Chuck does.

That's Freedomâ„¢

C (H) U C K

Youre posting the FXX edit version, original preserves the gag

it used to be you would pay 15%+ for a mortgage
now it's 4% so people borrow a lot more money

Reagan came along and ducked everything up, half the county somehow still idolize him for doing so.

Then for the next two decades banks let everyone get a loan and foreclosures were happening left and right, so now the housing market is permanently fucked with no real solution in sight other than to give up on the American Dream and just hope to get a job that can pay your rent, food costs, and student loan payments.

get a job at a real life nuclear power plant and live in the neighbouring countryside

>have a car hold
>don't use it to hold your car

it's very sad to live in rent i will move this autumn and the thing that i will have to pay a rent is killing me, but in a year i will be able to get a loan and buy an apartment, yeah i will pay for it 30 year, but at least i know that is mine
Staying on rent would be cheaper than paying the bank's rate, but i want to know that i own the place where i live

We park like that.

We live in cali with nice weather and use the garage for tools and toys and shit for the kids. Plus if a nog gets lost and winds up in my hood I want him to know I'm home so he doesn't rob the place.

>car hold
Are you German or something? Its called a car hole

it's been stated several times on the show that this house is much nicer than the Simpsons should be able to afford

i saw an episode where they showed us that grandpa helped them buy the house

Mortgages are often cheaper than rents, or at least they are getting that way in my city, but I'd have to assiduously save my money for years to build up enough of a down payment to get a loan to buy a decent place in town. I mean I could go out right now and buy some 500 sq ft "cottage" in a decent neighborhood (or "studio" in a decent building), or a roach infested hovel in a neighborhood where my car would get burglarized 3 times a month, or I could buy a decent place that's a 45 minute commute each way to the city center (and my office), but getting the money up front to buy a decent place where I'd actually want to stay for 10 or 20 years would take me several years to do.

And then what if we have another housing crisis and I go upside down on my $600,000 mortgage?

This is why i still live with my parents. It's just too expensive to get a house and I'm already in debt for getting student loans for college. It fucking sucks.

bretty good saved

>seriously what the hell happened to the market?

Tickle-down economics happened.

My parents usually keep at least one car out of the garage except in the winter

HOW DARE YOU NOT BELIV IN THE AMERIKAN DREAM?!

my parents house had space for three cars, unless you mean do americans parks on the grass, in case no, that's mexicans

Baby boomers

millennials are stupid and spend their money on crap like iphones and capeshit toys instead of saving for a house

there it is

>what is macroeconomy

I don't get it

They're fucking ruining everything

>Enjoy driving in infernal traffic for three hours each day.

Not everyone lives in LA.

>car garage suburban home/lifestyle is going the way of the dinosaur.
What bubble do you live in? Suburbs arent going anywhere

That's because Gen X is full of lazy faggots and drunks. They're not going to save shit, they made apathy cool remember?

>judging an entire generation of under 35 year olds because of some dumb article you read

iphones are cheap.
houses are expensive.
Make less sense.

>iPhone
>400 burger bucks
>house
>400,000 burger bucks

The first joke is that their home garage actually requires payment for individual use. They "payed" for the house and then have to pay again each time they come home

"Formerly Chucks" is humorous because it implies they used to use their garage to run a store called "Chucks" but after it failed they needed to start charging for parking to make the money back

that is clearly an animation error, only hicks park like that

?

Excellent b8 m8

You mean the cars in the driveway and not in the garage?
A lot of families uses the garage as a storage room rather than to garage their cars.
But usually there's enough room for at least one car in there.

Houses were and still are affordable.
The reason it hit the news that "millennials can't afford houses" is because they all want houses in middle of downtown and refuse to live outside the city proper.

See

this was never funny

amazing reasoning

wtf I dont find it funny anymore

It's not just an iphone
People are consuming and buying now a hell of a lot more than the 40s and 50s
Used to be everyone wore the same clothes for years. When they get torn, they'd fix it themselves. They would only have one tv per house, if that. They didn't buy new tvs every 5 years. They didn't buy new laptops and new phones ever 2-3 years.
We in general are buying and consuming on a gigantically larger scale compared to our grand parents and great grand parents.
But yeah. Everyone thinks they deserve the entire cake and blame rich ass ceos that we aren't like we were 75 years ago.btw if we were, we'd be very bored compared to now

>Used to be everyone wore the same clothes for years.
...well fuck, I still do :(

Get an apartment with a few roommates that you like. My monthly overhead is only like 1/3 of my actual income. Another third goes to loans, the final third is for fun/living.

>they all want houses where the jobs are
Really makes you think.

To be fair. I mean for these hipsters who buys $200 jeans and $50 t-shirts

You know how dense cities are?
You really think that everyone can have a house and the demand for space isn't going to be cheap?
That's why apartments are abundant in cities. Because you can fit 10x more people in an apartment for the same ground sq.ft. for a house
If you want a house. Go live outside the city proper and have fun in traffic

That kind of middle class lifestyle was never going to be sustainable. Homer was the only one making an income in a family of five, and he was merely a low level Nuclear Safety Inspector.

For a real life example from that era, think of the house Al Bundy had in Married with Children. He also was the only breadwinner in a family of four, working as a fucking shoe salesman. Sure, the running joke was they never had any more, but that was a two-story, 3-bedroom, 3-bath house in a Chicago suburb, complete with a fully furnished basement, two car garage, and front and back yard. On a shoe salesman's salary. That's the kind of house you need a doctor's salary to live in nowadays. That's not the market failing. It's simply it leveling out from an unsustainable high.

Well shit what else is there to spend our money on? It's not like anyone can afford to buy a house or raise a family on what most of us get paid. That is if you're not living with multiple roommates well into you're 20s and 30s which was also not normal 40 years ago.

Might as well buy some stupid shit that makes you feel happy. And the fast fashion clothing material quality is fucking trash too, that shit doesn't last 2 years if you wanted it to. My Dad has a jacket that's lasted him over 20 years with little wear and I can't find something that good quality unless you're looking to spend $500+ on one.

The TV one is interesting though, I don't know many people my age that even own one unless they play on a console.

>tfw you live on a cramped street

Did they ever use the second car?

Is that a condo with a hoa?
I'd extend the driveway so I wouldn't have a car parked in the grass

>he lives/works in a city with more than 500k residents
what are you, some kind of subhuman?

Would be comfy if not for the 7 cars, some of which are probably parked there just because it's free I'm assuming.

>with a few roommates that you like.
I live in an apartment and it's hard enough just keeping after yourself, much less a bunch of fuckhead roommates. You won't like roommates after suffering them for a few months.
>literally yfw roommates.

The pink one Homer drove and the station wagon was Marge's

>yuropoor aesthetic
disgusting

Hardly any grass where the white car is parked anyway.

The road doesn't have no stupid permit to park so yeah. park where ever you can

Let's see outside your window then

Relative to earnings, house prices are definitely up

>>Houses were and still are affordable.
Where?

Probably Ohio or somewhere else in Flyover land where the economy is still depressed.

I cant recall ever seeing a foreign movie-- tv show with a driveway.

Formerly Chuck's

I live in greater LA (las vegas)

what's wrong with parking on the grass?

it ruins the grass over time

why are americlaps so obsessed over their lawns?

Silly Americans realizing the appeal of commie-blocks only now.

Houston. Bought a decent house at 20 for about $150,000. Not in the hood or anything. 3100 sq ft.

My city has a rule against it. You'll get tickets.

even on your own property? land of the "free" they said

It's not of like a lot of other rules.
1) Keep niggers out
2) Keep other poor people out
3) Make hillbillies that park shit cars in their yards out
4) ect.

how does a law against parking on grass prevent those groups from moving in? lmao nigga u be trippin

Boo hoo baby boomers ruined it for everyone. The gubment is keeping me down. Amerika sucks. Ever look at your life, I mean really take a good look at what skills you chose to develop, where you chose to look for a job, how you chose to spend your money? The answer is there. Want to live in San Francisco? Enjoy your million dollar apartment. Don't mind moving to middle America? Where I live in north GA in a 3/2 built in 2008 on a two acre wooded lot, paid $175k for it. Mortgage is $575/mo. City fags can't rent a room in a shithole for that.

Feels good man. Pic related. It's me.

When I was growing up and my sister got her first car, we only had room in the driveway for 2 cars, so my sister parked on the lawn under a tree and the neighbors flipped out because they said it devalues the neighbourhood, but then a couple of other families started doing the same thing. Anyways eventually we paved our driveway so it could fit 4 cars and now the bungalow we live in is worth 1.2 million dollars.

>going the way of the dinosaur.
This is wrong, it's actually growing.

Nothing happened to the market, just start being more industrious and smart with your money, faggot.

t. 24 about to buy a house

also lol @ everybody blaming Republicans

>dinky little houses
>Benz, Lexus, and Jaguar parked outside

No sympathy from me.

What do you expect? A fucking Amurrican 4x4 that takes up the whole road?

I have a gym in my garage so yes.

No, I'm just pointing out that these people are living in ~shitty little houses and driving luxury cars. We have a term for this in America: "hood rich", and it's usually reserved for ghetto idiots who prioritize buying flashy shit over quality of life upgrades and good investments.

Don't forget that house prices are extortionate in the UK. The bloke with the jag lives only with his wife so there's no need to have a massive house and they're probably I would say just comfortably in the affordable lifestyle zone.