Serious question Sup Forums, what the fuck actually happens here?

Serious question Sup Forums, what the fuck actually happens here?

It's the 4th most populous country in the world and even though I'd consider myself to have a pretty good world knowledge I can't name a single scientist, artist, pop culture figure, musician, historical figure ect that has come out of here

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/29/missing-indonesian-man-swallowed-whole-reticulated-python/99771300/
thenational.ae/world/asia/man-survives-epic-battle-with-8-metre-snake-before-villagers-feast-on-it-1.664130
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raid_(2011_film)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>what the fuck actually happens here?
Volcanos, tornados and Islam. Also huge palm farms.

>tornados
typhoons that is.

Thanks to pol*ndball I can no longer differentiate between Polish and Indonesian flag.

i dont know and i live right next to that shit they're barely holding themselves together

It's basically a confederation of hundreds of little states

Me neither. Why doesn't Poland put their coat of arms in their flag ffs?

nothing to see. please go to phillipines. it's fun in the phillipines.

Explain

>what the fuck actually happens here?
Just a bunch of island filled with man eating creatures.
usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/03/29/missing-indonesian-man-swallowed-whole-reticulated-python/99771300/
>Forgetting the annual mass gassing
Never forgive never forget

whatever b0ss

death camps

I'm serious, tell me something that makes your country relevant

>More sex tourism
>More guns
>More pirates,bandits and terrorists for adventure
>More WW2 shipwreck
What else could you ask for?
Its ok, CIA said its fine to build death camp for commies since they are not humans.

They imprisoned our queen.

Hey we should team up to balkanise Indonesia. What do you say?

Sure let's do it, the Brit's are great at divide and conquer.

Sandokan

he must have been a manlet, snakes can't eat full sized adult men

The possibilities are endless

>Dealing with 10000 island individually instead of a central Java govt
>Causing chaos that will drive refugees from nation 10x our population
Might as well nuke ourself.
You can only say fuck it let everything burn if you are America with 2 ocean on both sides, a chaotic and fragmented Indonesia would be the mess of south Philippines on cocaine.
Manlet or not a 7.8m long ones that is almost 200kg will wreck you.
thenational.ae/world/asia/man-survives-epic-battle-with-8-metre-snake-before-villagers-feast-on-it-1.664130

seharusnya bersatu teguh menghalang bule daripada menodai tetangga.

pussy

So the conclusion of this thread is, as I expected, they've done nothing?

Not true. I'm somewhat a sword/arms collector, and you should take a look at some of the primitive swords from the region. Interesting design and quite effective, although overall not amazing.

y b0ss we dindu nuffin, we iz god bois ask timor leste btw

I thought that was Poland

yes.
so please go to paradise Thailand all you can have and see and touch and fuck.

Indonesia is gonna implode sooner or later. It's a miracle it's still a country.

mungkin dia cinak

nothing relevant happens here, this is your serious answer you're looking for bule.

bump

also - to what point Malay/Indonesian are mutually intelligible?

Polish death camps

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raid_(2011_film)

Back in the 70's, Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei came together and agreed to reform the language to be logically spelled. Indonesia for example, used to spell words like the Dutch. We also agreed to pronounce words like they are spelled, with the Riau Malay pronounciation as the standard. Theoretically, the standard versions are mutually intelligible but since then we have started to diverged. Malaysia is highly conservative in taking in loan words from the West while Indons are the opposite. I could read and understand 90% of written and spoken standard Indonesian but not if spoken in Javanese accent etc.

QTs all over and they all love bule cock.

>Malaysia is highly conservative in taking in loan words from the West while Indons are the opposite.
Aha, I thought that the main difference is not if you borrow (or not) Western words, but that Indonesians take them from Dutch and Malaysians from English, but maybe that was a thing during the colonial rule, and now you stopped introducing western Words, but they still do it. Interesting, terima kasih!

It would be a shame if Malay (sensu largo) diverged too much, since it's a great potential global or at least macro-regional language. At least you standarised that spelling. From what I saw in my Indonesian textbook, it's perfect. I cannot imagine Indonesian with Dutch orthography. Brrr...

BTW, do Malaysians learn/use the Jawi script? I've heard that it's used in Brunei.

I speak (good) Indonesian and have recently learnt a little of Malaysian and the difference in loan word amounts is quite starling at time. Modern Indonesian loan words almost always come from English and even some older dutch loans words are sounding more English these days too.

Malaysian on the other hand is completely different.

>I speak (good) Indonesian
Are you a native Brit?

>Malaysian on the other hand is completely different.
OK, but still everyday stuff like "Nama saya Nigel" or "Apa kabar?" are the same? it's only a problem when you talk about things like business or politics, yes? Or even that everyday stuff is different? (I mean the standarised versions, I know that even vernacular Indonesian itself has vrious regional infuences)

Actually at least one interesting thing has happened on account of Indonesians: for several decades now they've been colonizing the shit out of the western half of New Guinea, and they also did a genocide in East Timor. Also they mass murdered their entire gommie party during the Cold War using CIA intelligence.

>Are you a native Brit?
Yeah but my dad got an oil job in Borneo and I ended up spending my teens there. I assume you are pole I sometimes talk to on /asean/?

Even expressions such as the ones you mention vary. Not so much is understanding, more just the common structure. I think Malaysians throw an "adalah" to make "Nama saya adalah Nigel".

Pls go away we are not relevant at all.

Go ask /asean/.

Seriously, right now it's just Jokowi doing Jokowi things, and people being triggered by him.

>historical figure
Sukarno? Suharto? Obama?

Thanks for your answers.

>Yeah but my dad got an oil job in Borneo and I ended up spending my teens there.
That's a nice experience.

>I assume you are pole I sometimes talk to on /asean/?
I was in /asean/ several months ago, so there must another Pole in those threads.

>Even expressions such as the ones you mention vary. Not so much is understanding, more just the common structure. I think Malaysians throw an "adalah" to make "Nama saya adalah Nigel".
Aha, I thought that they are much closer. Also, I know that there is "adalah" in Indonesian, but I don't remember any instances of using it to build sentences like "X is Y" in my textbook, I'm still a total beginner, tho.

>there must another
must be*

Easy.
Just remember that Poland is the Electrode

This happens there every year.

they supplied the netherlands with recourses and the golden age. so thats what they did, g-d bless

Why were they so pathetic? They got subjugated by happy merchants

Nothing to England maybe, but East Timor history is inexplicably linked to Indonesia so they're at least relevant to that country. That and Krakatoa I guess

indonesia and bangladesh probably have the lowest accomplishment per capita

>do Malaysians learn/use the Jawi script?

Yes but only malay people know how to write/use jawi script. Most of them are taught in school by Ustaz/ustazah.