What are the best lonelykinos? Lost in Translation captures that lonely vibe really well but it's quite boring

What are the best lonelykinos? Lost in Translation captures that lonely vibe really well but it's quite boring.

taxi driver
drive

to get it out of the way

also the straight story can be lonely

Taxi Driver
I Stand Alone
Eraserhead

anything by Kar Wai, Oslo 31 August, Moonlight and Five Easy Pieces is what comes to my mind right now

Only if you're serious.

Moon
Lars and the Real Girl

Only after Scarlett becomes a normie.

A German film called Die Wand. Loneliness, isolation, and a doggo. It's absolutely gorgeous (the style is inspired by Caspar David Friedrich).

Also a lot of Antonioni captures that feel.

>lonely
>characters go out drinking pretty much every night with multiple people

GET OUT FUCKING NORMIES THAT IS NOT LONLIENESS.

make a film about someone who the only person they have spoken to in the past five years is their mother.

anomalisa is kinda like lost in translation, not nearly as good though. There's also suicide club, the straight story, and a documentary from Werner Herzog called encounters at the end of the world.

You can be surrounded by people and still be horrendously lonely.

About Schmitt

Paris, Texas which is like one big pathetic fallacy, whose setting of the southern american desert landscapes is just as grand, solemn, heavy, and lonely as the emotions its character drama evokes.

>Boring

Wrong. There are quite a few films that work the loneliness theme fairly well, Fallen Angels and Chungking Express being good examples.

I would say this is worse than being completely isolated

I think "her" fits

I only just saw it for the first time and i haven't cried so much in a film in years, just beautiful. After The American Friend and PT I'm stoked to get into more Wenders.

Zero Theorem

>this is what normies actually believe
lol, try not having any human contact outside your family members for years
fucking normalshit

There's a difference between loneliness and crippling autism, user, and you have the latter.

came here to post this guy, his last film is phenomenal

Motivational Growth
Pig Pen
The Survivalist
Let the Right One In