Why don't they animate shows like this anymore?

Why don't they animate shows like this anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennō_Senshi_Porygon
youtube.com/watch?v=HCWN6kmzo8Y
youtu.be/FYcB2Qhn-Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=fmfyp_4JpUE
youtu.be/KSKeJT_aHWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that looks like shit friendo

Because studios have money now

Because they didn't want to get sued for triggering a million seizures.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennō_Senshi_Porygon

Shit directors who grew up with shitty series like this.

>it's another Goku gets killed episode

All I see is two rocks with a vagina and a butthole inbetween them

>It's a "Goku puts the fate of his universe on the line just to have a good fight" episode

defeating a sandwich

Dragonball Z was pretty poorly animated from what I remember. Good backdrop paintings, shit animation. Too stale for my taste

The bottom fell out of the industry. Everything gets cranked out on tablets for pennies on the dollar, so it looks like shit now.

Rick and morty is well animated tho

>it's another Gohan grows up without a dad (but constantly hears about how awesome his dad was) episode

That is so cool.
That, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, and Digimon were my childhood.
Now it's all shitty digital cartoons that all look the same.
I feel bad for the new generation

Because the way they do it now looks worse, but is much easier.

>it's another Vegeta and friends get their shit beat and have to wait for goku.

Because they dont want to give kids seizures

If only dbz wasn't a dick measuring contest and they fought more than they talked.

only makes it tastier

DBZ was never a pinnacle of animation. OVAs and anime movies were always much better animated than weekly TV shows.

>power level of 15,000 can destroy an entire planet with one shot
>only frieza (with a power level well over 1,000,000) uses this as a last resort attack later in the series and even after using all his power takes 5 minutes for the planet to explode
power levels were a mistake

>Gohan

You mean gotenks

lol k
youtube.com/watch?v=HCWN6kmzo8Y

The new version being shit doesn't mean the old version is good.

>posting the Japanese dub

Kill yourslelf. Goku isn't an old Japanese lady.

KA ME HA ME HA!
GET READY!
FIGHT OUT, FIGHT OUT

Dare to compare.

OP asked why it doesnt look like dbz, which looked a thousand times better. Answer him

Because digital animation is easier to make and I guess suffers more from deadlines, though hand animation also suffered a lot too, and in DBZ too. Similar reason why everything is CGI now in live action movies.

Stopped using Sup Forums when I realized they have no idea what good animation looks like. nuanime looks like computer made SHIT. The only really good anime are animes that copy directly from western (white man) animation

The real question here is why do black folks like DBZ so much?

youtu.be/FYcB2Qhn-Lw

Thanks OP. I just developed epilepsy

Black people are huge weebs.
They love anime.

>digital animation
All of it is still hand drawn. The reason it looks like shit are manifold. The biggest reasons being the bad pre-production, shitty artists that don't know how to draw the human body properly and computers fixing the lineart to erase imperfections.

The old stuff looks better precisely because of said imperfections. The grain also helps to camouflage it so it gains another level of detail paradoxically.

Seizures.

epileptic seizures

reference stills and keyframes are drawn "by hand" (tablets), the animation is done digitally.

Stop trying to force the "its still hand-drawn" maymay.

coloring is digital too

which is at least half the reason modern anime looks like shit

Toei has animation issues with most of its shows. They've gotten cheap I imagine. Especially with their long running shows.

is goku supposed to be the good guy?

Is he ok?

Goku is the family man who would die and has for earth.
Yes, he's the good guy.

how can capeshit compete?

Yes it's mostly the coloring. It looks so flat and lifeless. I bet it saves a fuck ton of time though. Can't imagine coloring by hand shit would suck

Kek

Modern anime looks plastic, lifeless, shiny, glossy and rubbery like pure garbage.

That saga is where Dragon Ball Z died for me. Everything about it was just too ridiuclous and nothing good was brought to the table. They should have stopped with that whole "next level super sayin" non-sense.

Weekly anime has always had shitty animation. It just doesn't have the telltale signs of being hand drawn now and part of this is probably looking more flat.

But if you make someone do it, they get bored, and they start trying to make the coloring more interesting and vibrant.

Whereas doing it digitally ensures the color stays flat and boring.

I am not talking about the animation. I am literally talking about the art. The way it is colored and drawn. It looks like glossy plastic shit.

>It looks like glossy plastic shit.
Agreed

>jojo right
>ready to kill at the drop of a hat
>jojo left
>"fuck you mom"

The left side looks like manufactured by a computer. Everything is clean, polished and there's nothing standing out.

The right is full with details, imperfections while still being on-model. Literally just look at Jojo's face. The shading on his lips the creases beneath and around his eyes. All the rough lines, providing detail.

for me it was that and all the enemies having the same regeneration gimmicks.

Because everything in the animation industry nowadays is designed to be as reusable as possible. You cut down on animation costs remarkably by using the same assets; the same character models, the same facial expressions, the same backdrops and scenery, because it's all done digitally in Flash and other programs where you save a shitload of time cutting corners. There are about 17 unique character poses in that webm, all from different angles and all with different facial expressions. Look at cartoons done digitally, and you'll find only a handful of angles, poses, and faces in the entire episode, or the entire series for that matter. In traditional animation, you don't benefit from this kind of recycling of assets, but in digital format it's common practice due to how much time and effort it saves. It's unfortunate, but it's the way the world works.

At least us a half decent example if you're gonna bait

>they'll make a hollywood live action macross/robotech movie one day, and it will be absolute garbage

fuck me I need to rewatch Macross Plus. It's so good.

It's cool seeing shows go through different art styles depending on both the time period and whether it's a weekly anime, OVA, or movie. I only just started the Macross anime but this looks pretty cool. I've been on a mecha kick lately.

I swear I heard there's been some trouble regarding harmony gold and their robotech stuff recently.
I can't remember what it was though.

>When every single stroke had to be appealing with ink
>Now you just use 2 px brush with ctrl+z

Why do the chingchongs find this stuff interesting? Wouldn't it be better to animate something else besides a robot analyzing some made up event? Where is the hitler anime?

As long as we can agree Redline has the best hand drawn animation ever.

And check em.

>Where is the hitler anime?
something like that came out a while ago actually, I never watched it though, it looked like trash

There's a manga (and anime?) where Hitler plays mahjong with other world leaders. There's also Billy Bat where Hitler appears a few times. Neither have been animated I don't think though.

Patlabor is pretty good though. It does have robot fighting but it's a more grounded show in that regard where the robots are pretty vulnerable and need to be repaired often. That webm is just the intro to the second movie but I cut the credits out that flash in between the scenes.

Daily reminder that Goku has never beaten Vegeta in a fight.

they do. pic related.

because this guy is the most powerful in the universe.

the OP is goku beating vegeta in a fight

Vegeta flew back down, went Ozaru and beat his ass.

Because the current generation of animators sucks.

So those blasts, are they just kinetic energy? Not heat or anything like that? I remember Vegeta lying on top of that like a fucking bed and just rolling off it.

It's Ki energy.

it's kinetic but they call it Ki

this is actually when dbz had like 3 studios drawing their shit and this webm shows the shittiest studio lol
it was the most inconsistent era in dragon ball animation

there were good episodes, but the vast majority of them had terrible off model shit going on and flat art direction probably from being rushed and having so many different animation teams working on it just off the top of my head the best ones are:

>the first 3 or so episodes of z
>piccolo vs cell (amazing art direction)
>mystic gohan vs super buu

it was a different time, in fact veggie is just offscreen throwing them shade for running around playing grabass with each other

nah, he's just fanatically autistic about fighting and has no nesting instinct to speak off

>tfw DBZ is the only anime i've ever watched in my life and i was about 10 years old

feels good to not be an animefaggot

dub goku is better

youtube.com/watch?v=fmfyp_4JpUE

that requires a good economy and well paid workers

pic related, it's me

There were some pretty nicely animated bits of choreography but they were scattered amid lots of really mediocre and low budget recycled sequences. Typical for Toei really.

Sounds like you are one to me, fag

It is hand drawn though. Morons like you just for some reason get your autism flared up when somebody draws on a tablet instead of paper, because you apparently think time saving technology makes anime worse, even though literally everyone in the industry disagrees with you.

t. only watches shitty battle shounens

Every tims

What the fuck did I just watch?

Don't mind me, just being the best character.

>They are making amvs now

What a world

>Super will never have scenes like this

And they're pretty Leddit too

youtu.be/KSKeJT_aHWk

i'm glad they cured his encephalitis

The characters literally aren't moving. Also, thanks, doc.