What did you guys think of this? Possibly the most overlooked x-men movie

What did you guys think of this? Possibly the most overlooked x-men movie.
Faults
>story didn't feel like it had a lot of significance compared to other x-men movies
>end fight was terrible
>not as good as logan
Pros
>was decent as a standalone film
>the setting, tone and acting were pretty good
>it was better than origins

Meh, I found it enjoyable when it came out but can't remember anything about it now. Was one of the more forgettable X-titles. It was better than Origins, that's about it.

Logan spread the whi-I mean mutant gene in Japan

Nobody ever really talks about this movie, or even remembers it. We had a thread on here ranking the X-Men films, and it took quite a while until somebody even acknowledged it's existence.

My biggest problem with the movie is that it really felt . . . out of touch? I don't wanna use the word racist, cause it's not, but it felt like a lot of it was done from the perspective of someone who really liked anime or something. Maybe it's just me, but I think the movie should have taken place shortly after the bombing of Nagasaki.

It's not even x men. It's a generic asian ninja, famiry honra, story with an x men tossed in for big name recognition.

So . . . a Wolverine story.

a lame, uncreative story with a big name tossed in to hide it

basically Ghostbusters(female)

While I'm not going to argue that the movie wasn't lame or un-creative, it's certainly not comparable to Ghostbusters 2016.

One thing I didn't like was how he remembered the Japanese guy when my understanding was that he lost his memory.
I've not read that many comics but I assume it's based on a comic? It reminds me of some Batman stuff I've read (the sort of stuff that inspired Batman begins)

The movies aren't similar, except they count on the name to hide junk.

Despite it semi being based on the Frank Miller comic it didn't get the feel of it at all.

Jesus Christ, I didn't even fucking notice that. There has to be a line of dialogue in the movie that makes reference to him not knowing who he is, there's no way they were THAT dense.

And yes, this movie is loosely (I can't stress that word enough) based off events in a comic. Him going to Japan is a big part of background.

Oh, absolutely not, I completely agree.

Really? At first I expected him to not know him, then when that was established I expected am explanation. Then it never came and I assumed they wanted his memory loss to be selective... which I really dislike because it's apart of what makes him a tragic hero.

Oh also, care to recommend some essential wolverine? I'm a Batman fan because I'm an edgelord that likes broody characters.

>14 replies
>5 posters

Shamefur dispray!

His memory isn't selective, it's never been selective (at least as far as the movies go). Jesus, how do you fuck up that badly. That's like . . . forgetting Captain America was frozen. Or that Daredevil's blind. Now I'm pissed.

Some essential wolverine would be volumes 1 to 365 of my cock pounding your mom, changing her insides to where she needs to fuck Dobermans when I'm not around.

Yeah that, apart from maybe the ridiculous and shitty twist/final fight was the worst part for me. But it's made very clear in the movie that Logan remembers.

I'd say check out Frank Miller's stuff. For a while that man knew what he was doing and was highly revered. Then All Star Batman happened. And then Holy Terror. Both are fucking hilarious.

Gotta link where I could read that?

Like your mom remembers my cock pounding her.

Those volumes are terrible. The art is shit, the writing predictable, and the ending sucked.

It's a mid-tier X-men movie. The setting was great, I personally liked the direction and pacing, and the dynamics between all of the "good" characters were well done.

Unfortunately, the "venom" mutant lady was seemingly just tacked on and uninspired, and the entire conflict at the end was rushed and came seemingly out of nowhere.

There are a ton of narrative question marks in this series. One just has to assume that he regained his memory over time (perhaps working with Professor X), just like one has to assume that between The Wolverine and Logan some Magneto shenanigans got him his adamantium claws back. But these narrative discontinuities aren't really a big deal to me since they are comic book films after all and the Wolverine Trilogy at least maintains a tone.

Yeah, the link is your mom, your mom's cunt.

>All Star Batman

Raimi's writing Batman now?

It hasn't ended, it's an ongoing series. It will eventually go through more issues than Mandrake the Magician.

Your mom.

All Star Batman is the only good thing he ever did for Batman.

all star batman is great, Sup Forumsmblr must leave

Come on, post the one we all want to see. Or the one where the Batmobile literally cuts a car in half.

You spelled All Star Superman wrong.

all star superman is also great

so is scott snyder's all star batman, if we're just naming good comics

I really liked it but it would have been better if it had an R rating like Logan.

I'm just bullshitting. I don't really care what anyone reads/likes. Lord knows I probably don't have the greatest taste.

>XMO:W
>you're immortal Logan
>damn, this life is miserable
>guess I'm just gonna be fighting forever

>The Wolverine
>hey Logan do you want to die I can do that for you
>hmmmm... Nah I'm detached and an asshole but I have reasons to live

>Logan
>you're gonna fucken die Logan
>fuck, better swear lots, double down on the violence and go out a hero

Not a bad arc for a trilogy desu, better than origin -> conflict that changes ideology -> retirement / letting go of the mantle

Well the wolverine was not long after jean died. The while point was him coming to terms with it. It was like an epilogue to the X-Men trilogy where he accepts that he isn't a total prick and can keep doing right by others.
Then Logan makes an incredibly depressing future. Not only are all his friends dead, but mutants are dieing out. He was a mutant before the ww2 boom and he outlived them. His story really is fucking miserable.

>The Wolverine
>hey Logan do you want to die I can do that for you
>hmmmm... Nah I'm detached and an asshole but I have reasons to live

Logan was seriously considering it, but then the Japanese guy said he was just going to take the regen power for his own. Basically, Logan wanted to prevent an immortal Lex Luthor running about.

I only remember the train scene.

First two acts are pretty comfy. Final battle deflates it. Really feels like Mangold and Jackman really wanted to do something special but were still chained to hard by the suits to keep it safe.

>Cons:
It's capeshit
>Pros:
None