en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conquest_of_Ceuta

Glory indeed, but with a big cost.

dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

I LOVE PORTUGAL

Anime...

who's the cute anime

Alberto Barbosa

that not a anime

I still don't know who fucked us harder, the turks by sneaking in without being seen or the spaniards by promissing an army that never arrived

>tfw still sad about that tuga girl from Culturepals
I know it wouldn't have worked with the distance but GOD FUCKING DAMMIT.

TugAnime

There were spanish volunteers in the portugeuse army.
King Sebastian was a lunatic, he wanted to conquer the entire world, so what does he do? go with a massive army with the portuguese nobility warriors, thousands of portuguese soldiers, germans, spanish, english volunteers and mercenaries in a non-sense battle crusade in the middle of desert. He died like everybody else lmao.

Even the famous Thomas Stukley that survived Lepanto, died in alcacer Quibir battle

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Stukley

Those stories would give a good movie, but ((hollywood))) only cares about shit

You never know, there was the Exodus movie that was whitewashed as fuck and crusades are still popular. Hell there are still a lot of patriotic movies about the War on Terror coming out, so I don't see why a movie like this would be too unpopular.

I guess the subject matter just isn't known enough.

Nah they only care about muh films about the so called minorities" and other sjw things. don´t expect new LOTR style epics sooner

>King Sebastian was a lunatic, he wanted to conquer the entire world, so what does he do?
sure he was, but his lunacy was well fed, in particular by his political opponents.
However, the fail at alcacer quibir was as much his as it was from the king of spain (the same who got our throne a few years later). He literaly made young sebastião believe he would lend his army to him.
Also there is the point that spanish scouts must have seen the massive turkish army move, but I think that is an exageration

>trying to defeat the moors by allying with moors

King Sebastian was an absolute madman

Ent putos, hows life? Recentemente dei inicio a uma intermittent fasting e estou relativamente satisfeito com os resultados so far

t.alberto barbosa

We were outnumbered as usually, but the thing, was that the battle was almost in the fckg desert, away from water and supplies.

Hi

anime quando?

hi

provavelmente nunca para ser completamente honesto

going to portugal for the first time in a couple of weeks, what to expect?

espero que estejas errado

Where are you going (cities)?
expect bad weather lmao

Eu também.

Porto and Viseu, maybe Lisbon, i dont have much time. (4 days)

Nunca

>Porto
it rained the entire week, but I saw the sun today so maybe it'll be fine

à que ter esperança

Implying thats a bad thing

Ha uma nova sequela que sai todas as semanas agora(em vez de ser 2 vezes por ano)

Visit Guimarães or Braga too

>the guy that wrote that actually knows the struggles that the average 20yo tuguese goes through to find something different to eat

It rained all week in Lismeme too