youtube.com/watch?v=nJD-Ufi1jGk
youtube.com/watch?v=Fxp2wXg7y4U
youtube.com/watch?v=sbgUUC1fiC0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

at least its not oblivion

Linear games are for normies.

Atleast it's not Skyrim

agreed

>tfw I'll have grandkids, retire and already be dead before tamriel rebuilt has released

Same. One of the most atmospheric RPGs I've ever played. Even though it's a bit old and really has a lot of flaws and objectively dead dialogue system.

But I'll be damned if this dialogue system isn't thousand times better than the one they used in Oblivion and Skyrim, same goes for all the texts and dialogues.

outlander
more like muttlander

>le epbic groBj#wmaniums

wew just fuck off

This

youtube.com/watch?v=nJD-Ufi1jGk

Sim City or Xcom
Not if they are designed well
half life is linear but a great game

Gothic 2 Night of the Raven and Fallout New Vegas

The parts that are out are still pretty great though

no i don't think it's better
i find the "keyword" type of dialogue in Morrowind really annoying, and the fact that every fucking peasant is a walking encyclopedia kills the immersion
im not saying that Skyrim is much better, but for sure the dialogues vere much more comfortable as your dialogue window isnt trashed by million of useless keywords with the same fucking answer every time
nothing kills the game as much as radiant, repetitive things for me, thats why Fallout 4 which is full of radiant bullshit enrages me a lot

Morrowind was a really trash game in the technical aspect, just look how much better Gothic 2 was, with fully voiced dialogues and other stuff
but i like Morrowind's plot, literally the only elder scrolls with genuinely well done main quest, probably mainly because of atmospheric and original setting, unlike Oblivion and Skyrim which are generic fantasy worlds

pic extremely related

Super Mario Galaxy. Funny that it's a decade old now; how time flies.

good taste OP

>i find the "keyword" type of dialogue in Morrowind really annoying, and the fact that every fucking peasant is a walking encyclopedia kills the immersion
you need to use your imagination. Morrowind in some aspects is very similiar to traditional pen and paper RPGs, dialogue system is one of them. when playing a traditional RPG game you'd declare to your GM "I ask around about X", and he'd reply "you learn this and this about the topic". you wouldn't act out every bit of dialogue with every peasant. just imagine that your character talked about the topic with an NPC and what you see in dialogue box is what he learned. no need to have every line of dialogue between them spelled out.

I just realized morrowind is just an inverted Ireland.

wrong, the trend amongst normies is the "open world" meme now.

>open world
>crafting
>early access
>survival

EXCELLENT taste op

>battle royale

Mine too OP, mine too.

Both it, and myself, have grown so old that it hurts me in a way I don't understand.

>garbage combat
lel

hello, hipster, you seem to have strsyed quite far from Sup Forumserminland

VTM: Bloodlines

Dwarf Fortress, really chill game with unexpected and amusing things happening.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fxp2wXg7y4U

Used to like Hitman and Black and White back in the days.

Maybe you guys should form your own opinions on games instead of basing them off of what others like and don’t like.

I don't know why, but I've poured hours into Warcraft 3.

LT SPICE,
Matchad,
Octave,
Haskell,
Python,
Eagle

this, excellent game, I should have mentioned with my other autism games though I haven't started a new fort in over a year now, babysitting an old fort because I'm too lazy to start anew and playing adventure mode in the meantime.
I really need a good gimmick/location idea to push me to make a new fort
had a nice one with a waterfall and desert oasis but lost it early to a zombie horde which sucks

THIS

Always wanted to play that

morrowind is aesthetic too

Not my favourite game, but I can't stop playing it. Pls send help.

It does have nice aesthetics

I don't get the appeal, personally. My brother tried to get me on dota.

Is that the Dwemer ruin Casius sends you to on one of you earlier quests?

Looks interesting.

no some random one in the ashland, I don't remember

I'd have to have a draw between my top 3:

Morrowind
Baldur's Gate 2
Deus Ex

It's a complex genre takes alot of time to get good and extremely satisfying when you win. It's also very team dependent and that's also why it's piss people off so much when they lose. That and the added waifus make League and other MOBAs so addictive. I fucking hate it, but I can't get out of it.

ahh.. so many memories

I thought about downloading Baldurs gate though GOG. But i play so many rpgs. What's good about Baludr? Also I know nothing of Deus Ex. I'm reading the wiki for it right now.

Nice i hadn't seen this one before.

>But i play so many rpgs
>hasn't played baldurs gate or deus ex
u wot
I have a soft spot for Baldur's Gate 2 because it was the game that got me into isometric RPGs when I was a young teenager. It's pretty much the classic Dungeons and Dragons adventure. Great antagonist/simple but good plot, great settings and questing, you have adventures in many super interesting places and meet many interesting people, have good conversations and have the choice of many interesting companions. It pretty much created and set the standard for every isometric rpg that came after it.

And Deus Ex is a... well it's a first person cyberpunk rpg. It's fairly linear but you can do the missions in many different ways, and can also affect the details of the main plot by doing things like killing characters when you shouldn't really, etc. You can customise the protagonist to focus on how you like to do missions (heavy weapons, hacking, lockpicking, etc, plus augments like stealth running etc). It also heavily influenced me as a young adult, it has well explored themes of transhumanism, political ideologies, conspiracies, etc. Some of the best dialogue in any video game is in deus ex imo. If you get it, also get Deus Ex Revision on steam, a mod that updates it a bit but changes little.

Downloading Deus Ex right now, looks pretty sweet. Baldurs gate sounds cool too but i didn't see a download i trust. Is it on steam.

Like many of those old CRPGs, it's got an """"enhanced edition"""" re-release, which isn't bad but doesn't really add much except a couple of companions which I didn't really like, the writers of the enhanced edition are nowhere near as good as the original writers. So I'd suggest picking up the enhanced edition when it's on sale.

Another great rpg that has an enhanced edition coming out sometime, maybe it's already out, is Planescape: Torment, which would be a close 4th after my top 3. Not great combat but a really fucking awesome setting (set in a city where all the planes of existence in D&D meet). Torment also got me interested in philosophy as a teen, LOTS of dialogue and most encounters can be solved through that rather than combat if you wish. If you like dialogue and interesting settings, play that too, and pump up your Wisdom stat, fuck strength.

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

looks comfy

I found a torrent of Witcher 1 (enhanced) that looks good do you or anyone else know what to expect? Some of GOG's stuff doesn't work well but if it does it's a simple exe. which is why I've been looking though his stuff.

I'm all about the setting and the stats I'm ganna look into Planescape right now.

VTMB
Morrowind
Deus Ex
CK2
Mount and Blade: Warband

very comfy. It's on Steam now, the "sequel" is a joke and pretty unrelated stylistically and in terms of gameplay

I think I've been looking for this game. I'm ganna find this too.

witcher 1 is pretty hard if you're not used to it, lots of fiddling with potions and other micomanaging stuff many gamers aren't used too

Witcher 1 is a decent third person action RPG. Pretty fun adventures to be had and it's the introduction to Geralt who was badass from the get go. It's a bit aged, crummy and clunky, and the combat isn't really fun (but it's not awful) but overall the settings, characters and plot definitely make up the shortcomings. It's worth a play if you don't mind older games.

Very good taste. Although I'm personally not a huge map simulator fan, I understand why people are.

Any Daggerfall man in?

Never played it. I wish I played it at the time coz it sounds awesome in theory but those 2d adventure games are a little bit too crummy for me, never been able to get into them.

>tfw I found that Daedric face of God completely by accident
It's pretty minor, but I don't think I'll ever forget it.

I liked the second game way more than i thought i would when i had a 360. The story wasn't bad at all. My aunt says she reads the books.

I've been playing Doom 2, trying to map the controls for Daggerfell, getting slaughtered on Stronghold Crusader, I'm doing pretty well in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 but I'd already played it before as had i played Stronghold 2. Also just started a character on Fallout 2 and I'm actually kinda excited. I just wanted for the appropriate time to get into that one.

Morrowind had such cool designs and concept art. The series seems so generic now.

No doubt about it

I take a long time type sometimes. I got aggravated mapping keys but I've enjoyed creating my character and I'm excited to see where it goes. I'm a hug Morrowind fan though.

its good fun to wander around and cheese the system
if you make a broken character and save often its not difficult at all

it's all been ported onto Unity engine with major graphical enhancements
youtube.com/watch?v=sbgUUC1fiC0

I feel like they will make something good for hardcore fans and normies alike next time. But I'm being optimistic.

in theme and stylization Daggerfall and Arena were pretty generic, it was more of the open-world type atmosphere that set them apart

I just downloaded daggerfall but i stopped short at Arena. I havn't heard a lot of things about it i guess.

not all of it yet, just the basic map
it looks REALLY good but I've been waiting for daggerXL or DaggerUnity for like 10 years it seems

welp now I gotta replay morrowind
fucka you OP
first reply choses what I roleplay as

Daggerfall is actually not bad. Don't give Arena a go unless you really like old school CRPGs or are just interested in seeing how the series began.

Witcher 2 is a really good game. Fallout 2 is also a lot of fun, enjoy it.

hey that's pretty cool although I am loathe to wait for more fan made elder scrolls games...

Argonian slaver.

nope

will Skywind be shit if it ever gets completed?

Fine taste, lad

Sadly, yes. OpenMW is much more promising.

Honestly as much love as Stronghold Crusader gets, the 2d element really gets to me having played Stronghold 2 which allows you to build in three dimensions. But the characters and the graphics are great. Why did they make such shitty opponents for 2?

Meant to say as much as it gets praised. Strong hold 2 is just a better game. Still fun though.

Do you play OpenMW on your own server or how does that work? I actually installed then deleted it.

More open than Morrowind? Please tell me you can levitate.

you can do anything
I remember forums complaining about how much they cut and dumbed down the game going from daggerfall to morrowind

wanna play KOTOR once again (So i can start with the second one properly) but i am not sure

should i Sup Forums?

Oh shit. I had not heard that there was less magic in Morrowind than Daggerfall. I'm ready to check this shit out.Yes user, I'd do it but I just did. Still amazing.

Avoid Vampirism at all costs for your first playthrough.
Turning into a Vampire can really fuck you over

metal gear solid 3

That's how i felt in Oblivion. In Morrowind it helps get my stats maxed further past 100. Can you turn into a werewolf as well?

You can become a werewolf or even a wereboar.

Wereboar haha that's awesome!

Nice, is this the first one? I was considering downloading that one.

only played Gothic II but it was good
I liked Risen as well even if it was a bit weak

Vampirism in Oblivion is not so bad
But it's different in Daggerfall.
Vampires are undead, so when you become a Vampire you're considered legally dead, and resets your character's legal and social status. It breaks the Dark Brotherhood and Theive's Guild questlines.

only if you join then before becoming a vampire