Europeans are asleep, post freeways

I'll post a classic.

Why don't they have a maximum amount of people allowed on the highway? The engineers surely know the maximum capacity that still has a reasonable efficiency, so just allow that number of people on and close it off until it falls below the number again.

what if you have diarrhea on that day

Then wont the main streets just be congested?

Because then the other parts of the city get fucked with even more traffic that’s not on the highway

Why do so many people want to live there? They dont like flyover states? They need "relevance"? Or shitty jobs are easier to find?

How can you be human and tolerate this ?

People wait in line to get on the highway. It's faster to wait to get on a non-congested highway than to drive on a constant stop-and-start street.

jobs

LA resident here. The city is too spread out for public transit to work the way it does in other cities (we can't build lots of super tall buildings near each other because of earthquakes). The result is that freeways have to be crowded.

>freeway
>posts a pic of a huge carpark
what does the burger mean by this

Everyone shits on flyover states but I can't see the appeal of living in a city. If I had to spend my life having people breathe down my neck every day, I'd lose it.

I didn't even suggest public transport though, just having a maximum amount of cars on the highway.

How would you even do that? Install gates at onramps? It would clog all of the city streets.

everyone shits on flyover states on Sup Forums only. i mean, not all of them are equal. some are really shitty. but the memes make no distinction. it is stupid to claim that apart from the coasts, everything else is a flyover state.

that's probably impossible in USA, in some places the interstate is the only direct way to get through a metro area

Yes install gates. People will wait in line, they won't go on the streets.

So they'll wait in line to get on the highway.

Europe

what if the line is hours long? I would take sideroads if the wait was anything more than 10 mins. roads aren't built for that kind of traffic

>it is stupid to claim that apart from the coasts, everything else is a flyover state.
kinda true

Well this is sort of why I was asking. Which would be more efficient overall, a waiting system like the one I proposed or just dumping everyone on the freeway clogging it up? Keep in mind that with the system I proposed (and it's not my idea) the highway would never be congested.

>thinking bongs sleep on a tuesday night

I thought bongs considered themselves separate from Europe?

Dios mio...

We don't identify as European but that doesn't mean we deny that we belong to the European continent.

Fair enough, then.