Why doesn't the UK make its flag symmetrical?

Such a simple fix.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_reflection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The reason that the UK flag is not symmetrical is because of the relative positions of the saltires of St Patrick and St Andrew. The red saltire of St Patrick is offset such that it does not relegate the white saltire of St Andrew to a mere border.

Except that in its current configuration, St. Patrick's salt now looks like a misshapen swastika. Meanwhile the St. Andrew is clearly discernible, as with the blue field.

I actually didn't realize they were asymmetrical for the longest time. Took a good look at the flag one day and then noticed it. I didn't like it at first, but now I actually like the asymmetry. It's quite aesthetic

That works too, but the way it currently, the flag can be upside down. Important if back in the day you wanted to let other ships know you were in trouble.

it took me a good 2 min to figure out what the OP is talking about. now i see it and it looks like an eye sore.

symmetrical flags are for non-countries

It's to annoy autismos

It is symmetrical though.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_reflection

>St. Patrick's salt now looks like a misshapen swastika.
No.

Honestly prefer this one.

UK one looks too messy for a flag

This one that really should be.
Balkanization of """"""great"""""" britain when?

You cannot have one flag laying flat over another because it would look like it's taking priority and it's rude.

>some saint patrick shit but nothing for wales???

Please delete this racist symbol.

Wales was annexed before it was a fully unified country

defence mechanism against the kroutoid

Let's just put a big red dragon on the front then

you're a fucking dumbcunt

what? no it doesn't

Was part of the Kingdom of England.

Leave our flag alone.

Practice drawing

Wales was never a single kingdom. Neither was Ireland really if you think about it, but we called it one and then incorporated when Napoleon scared us.

I've actually never noticed that before. Now I feel stupid.

The empty white saltire looks weird when contrasted with the white-outlined red cross.

English flag has too much blank space on it. Gives a very sterile feeling.

Best UK flag, coming through.

You're nearly right.

West Riding, best Riding.

>northumbria's flag is some shit that looks like a zipper made of opal fruits
what did we do to deserve this?

UT! UT! UT!

"West Yorkshire" flag is actually the West Riding flag which covers both West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire (and part of North Yorkshire, along with other places which Westminster bastards split off from Yorkshire and gave to other counties when they divided it up).

West Yorkshire itself doesn't have its own flag. Same story goes for the "North Yorkshire" flag, which is actually the North Riding flag.

And bloody hell, the South Yorkshire flag is so shit. Who would want to use that over the West Riding flag? At least it's unofficial...