Be s*Ngaporean

>be s*Ngaporean
>get conscripted for 24 (twenty-four) months

Other urls found in this thread:

thestar.com.my/news/nation/2014/05/26/we-had-to-tell-our-neighbours/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>his country has a conscription
what a fucking waste of time
i would just pretend being gay or Jehovah's witness because those were working excuses when conscription still existed

I have a friend who dodged our conscription by saying he did not want to sleep in tents with other men, he then proceeded to fake being super weak and failing all the physical exercises, and intentionally answered strangely in the mental tests

Why even have conscription when you're just going to use tests which can be so easily self sabotaged?

I don't know, man. They removed it for like 8 years, now it's back again though

Because when you are 18 years old you are a lazy fag. Here around 20% of any given year answers that they want to do conscription, but extremly few bothered applying for it when it was volontary.

So we restarted it and now those who answers that they want to do it gets pointed on and told to get on with it then.

>be finn
>get conscripted for 5½ (five and a half) months

I thought "voluntary conscription" would be a contradiction, sounds like kids just signing up if they want to.

>be swede
>get conscripted
>love it

The thing is, 20% of our 18 year olds want to do it, but are way to lazy to bother doing all the applications and tests themselfs, so we just point a stick at them. Also, when they are in they are in, you cant just leave if you want to.

Can't say I'm not surprised to learn Sweden has conscription
To be fair not wanting to sleep in a tent with other men is a legitimate concern there
Imagine being a navy conscript haha

>be 1st worlder
>think you have problems

The navyonly takes volonteers now mate. You guess why

At least you're from a first world country so you have an option of alternative civilian service

>s*Ngapore
>first world

Civilian service doesnt exist in Sweden at the moment, but not everyone has to do conscription here, only a few people. Same goes for Norway. In Finland all males do it but females on the other hand doesnt have to.

What do you know about conscription, you privileged fuck?????!!!!

>he says, while living in a country where conscription is possible to dodge

You could have dodged it, you just couldn't be bothered.

This. Unless you live in fucking NK you can usually avoid it somehow

it's honestly a good thing, I wish we had it here

>let me tell you about your country
Singapore is infamously authoritarian.

Uhh flee your country?

Same

If you want to become a murderous military dog, do it yourself. Stop trying to drag others into your life decisions.

It's not like there's a supermarket for military passports. And i have no idea how does your conscription work, but im pretty sure it's thousand times better than here.

>Conscription is all about being a psycho and killing people LOL

You're not making a great case against it.

why would singapore have a military? you're too tiny and you guys are surrounded by all weak shithole cunts though

That's a way. But that means if you ever step back on the country's soil they immediately arrest you, and throw you in prison.

Oh, and "evading conscription" isn't a valid reason for an asylum request, and you can and will be extradited back in due time.

So that only works if you don't plan to see the island again, and have a foreign passport.

Which is funny to me

Why would Singapore have an active army? To fight against whom? They would get fucked just by the sheer size of their neighboors, what the fuck

>Wanting to go back to an authoritarian island.

>MUH MURDERERS

National defence is a concern for the entire population in some countries, and as natural as paying taxes or following roadsigns.

As much as I hate to say it Singapore's armed forces are technologically advanced and rather formidable. And the population isn't low.

Don't ask me, I plan to run once I finish.

I supposed your army would be decent, but you would get fucked by the sheer size of any country, I have to understand

being forced to waste 2 years of your life in the military is a pretty valid complaint

Because if the entire population has a gun, nobody will invade it, it just isnt worth the cost.

Sure, any large nation could take singapore, but at what cost? Would it be worth what you gain for taking it?

What do you guys eat during conscription?

Indonesia
They do have defence pacts with Malaysia, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and the US as well

The plan in the case of a Malaysian invasion is to secure a beachfront on Johor in six hours.

As with Indonesia I believe they'll just hope to sufficiently hold them off until allies come to help.

>if the entire population has a gun
But they don't.
I believe unlawful possession of firearms is punishable by death.
And gun laws basically say that no one is to own a gun: in the military you're handed one and have to give it back before the day ends.

>Would it be worth what you gain for taking it
Yes.

>waste
everyone has to do it, so it's not a waste
Ahh makes sense

But I think it's still unrealistic, Timor Leste is still there and safe

Its the same thing as locking your door at night. A theif could ofcourse still get in if he wanted, but it gets a bit trickier, and hopefully he wont bother then.

i mean for example the unity of asean is as stable as eu so singapore does not need to be on defense you know your neighboring cunts are not north korea, china and russia

But all former conscripts will be given a gun in case of war Id assume?

>let me tell you about your neighbouring countries
If you really think ASEAN is as stable as the EU you need to read a book

Mostly, I would guess

timor leste is safe because western cried about muhhh oppression

indonesia should have just wiped them off the map

If it would be worth it, then why havent you been invaded yet?

>this flag
>this post
hmmmmmmmm

people would cry too if Singapore got invaded, it's just not gonna happen

In today's world you can't just invade and take countries

The actual problem with it is an invader like China doesn't use their army, they just economically strong-arm them and plant CCP loyalists in their country while buying the loyalty of politicians and every other authority.

>as stable as eu

European nations started most major wars including WW1 and WW2. Doesnt sound too stable to me.

The Japs took Singapore in one of the biggest embarrassments for the British Empire in 1942.

And the Indonesians had plans to invade during the sixties and seventies.

present day EU obviously

Whatever Usman, your jig is up.

Go back to Malaysia.

If you have no defence, using the army would be much easier, and perhaps considered if a neighbour gets too anoying.

It's about slave mentality and obeying orders.

>They removed it for like 8 years, now it's back again
You are welcome.

Yes, and guess why? The Brits didnt even fight them, and just three years later the Japs got their asses handed to them. Had the brits in singapore fought them to, their asses would have been handed too them even faster.

>The Brits didnt even fight them
Alri you've established you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Really depends on the system and nation.

>unity of asean is as stable as eu
In 2010-2011 Thailand and Cambodia chucked cluster munition over who owns a temple ruin at the border and with coups often you can never fully trust the guy next door in case a Pol Pot turns up. That is why nobody uses the same hardware as the guy next door here.

Nah not really because the world is globalised and if China just up and invades a country then there's going to be retaliation from bigger powers. Essentially being the same risk/reward process as with a conscription defence force. But when they just economically dominate them into submission it's all "legal" and goes undetected so no one cares until it's too late.

If Pol Pot happens Vietnam will step in :)

Not really. The concept of army implies those two things.

i honestly do not know much about asean however since south korea exports fighters, weapons and military vehicles to indonesia and singapore i am interested in this region

Considering both Russia and the US has done that recently without any major retaliation, I dont think that many would react if China did it too.

Indonesia named a couple warships after their state-sponsored terrorists who bombed us just last year I believe.

ASEAN is full of fighting. Thailand fights Cambodia, Malaysia fights Indonesia, Myanmar fights themselves, and everyone fights each other for the Spratly Islands.

Yeah that's my point. But at least the US isn't as much of an authoritative Orwellian nightmare.

If we ever had conscription, I don't think conscripts would ever be deployed to fight America's meme wars. You'd get training and only get called up if Australia was at risk of an invasion like in WW2.
I just think the strict structure you have to follow in the army would be beneficial for young men

Indonesia is a bit of a meme. They have a shit navy and air force so it's pretty easy to make sure they never get off their islands.

Indonesia invaded two countries and forcibly annexed West Papua in the last 50 odd years

i think malaysia is taking a pretty interesting political stance in southeast asia unlike singapore, indonesia, thailand and vietnam which are favorable to south korea they are more close to north korea i already knew it there are a plenty of koreaboos in singapore, indonesia, thailand and vietnam but i haven't heard about malaysian koreaboos

Guys, pls stop promoting constriction. Force serving is not a good thing.

A Pol Pot officer is now in charge in single party democracy, we electric boongaloo 2 now. Goddamnit Cambodia.
Vietnam T-90 vs Cambodian T-55 boy its gonna be fun.
China won that one, they don't poke us with amphibious dock ships anymore since Xi's silk road and they get Malacca port. Duterte get chinese trains, Indonesia no longer concerned since Natuna islands are not included with Vietnam being the only one left.
Last month they even urged Cambodia to start using yuan for trade.

This. In both Sweden and Finland conscripts can only be used in a state of national defence (All international operations are done by employed troops) and since Australia isnt 3rd world Id assume you would adopt a similar policy.

>i haven't heard about malaysian koreaboos
Malaysians and Singaporeans are massive weebs and koreaboos.

Beeing forced to pay much higher taxes, to be able to pay for professionals to defend you isnt a good thing either.

It depends on your country, for example it would only be forced for us for self defence, like in WW2, no conscript is going to get sent to another country.

The British did fight them and the combined British, Australian and Malayan forces had the advantage in the Battle of Singapore. It should have never fallen in the first place.

It was only after Singapore fell that the British gave up and abandoned Australia and New Zealand.

Yes it is. Also, are you implying that conscription system does not require money?

do not fight seek peace while seeing south korea and north korea's situation i envy asean to be honest

It requires far less money. Finlands 300 000 conscripts cost less then the Swedish armys 15 000 professionals. Conscripts are trained and then called uppon when invaded. You cant do that with professionals.

Now imagine paying 300 000 professionals to have an equally large army, now thats one hell of a budet.

Army changes men. Why would you force youth to serve, when you could spend those money to attract and better equip those, who consciously choose it as their career?

>i envy asean to be honest
Don't, it's a shithole full of savages.

Conscription saves money, not the other way around. If it wouldnt have, nobody would have conscription.

It is a shitty concept, since in pretty sure not everyone from those 300000 force conscripts are willing to die in a border moving conflict.

>tfw no cute bilingual singapore gf

Back then China was arming our communist terrorist and in order to get China to stop we made deals with them without Britain knowing. China then introduced us to North Korea and since then north korean work our coal mines since its considered beneath locals paygrade.
In 1997 we also provided them food aid during famine and continued to sell them food stuff as well as Labuan port being exchange point for Iranian fuel to be sold to international market by labelling them with Hong Kong ones where NK can also buy them in secret.
thestar.com.my/news/nation/2014/05/26/we-had-to-tell-our-neighbours/
Kinda like Yugoslavia east vs west doesn't concern us,we also seek the Soviets to purchase helicopters and normalize relations back then.

I while ago it was either 24 or 36 month here in Russia. 36 month if you are a navy.
Now it's only 12 month.

so that they could invade for more clay someday

90% of finns have answered that they would fight an invader, even if the odds are against them.

Ramirez and Tyrone the "professionals" however, usually just does it for the money or to get a free education.

>Army changes men.
Not much, the worst it can do is upset some soyboys. It's only some basic training it's not officer school. Looking at some positives it's some decent fitness training and help people to create bonds, and at least people have some defence training when the situation calls for it as opposed to nothing.

The swede already covered the funding argument, and maybe some more people might choose it as a career if they got a chance to try out what the life style is like.

But that's the thing! Modern war doesn't require enourmous manpower. And those 15k professional soldiers cab be as good as 300k beer sucking normies that spent one year learning to hold a gun.

>And those 15k professional soldiers cab be as good a
Yes if we find a way to resurrect them. Stop playing video games, Brudi

Well then i guess it really depends on the cunt. Since while i was serving, two of conscripts died. One of pneumonia, other was his by a spg.

The quality of conscripts is better then professionals sometimes user if the system is done right since you can get the right guy on the right spot. Swedish conscripts beat the shit out of US professional tankers 10 years ago.

Also no, 15k is never better then 300k, unless those 300k are compleatly illiterate retards. But in most western nations the standards for conscripts are pretty high anyway, since you really dont want retards with guns.

Shitty safety standards and retarded officers is gonna get people killd during basic training, no matter if you are there volontary or in conscript service, so yeah, its all about the nation.

I don't think PNG and Timor east count as countries desu

>this flag
>this post

I wish they wouldnt have abolished the draft here just as I grew in the right age.
Could have learned some discipline.