Do you follow your countrys religion? are there still many faithful people in your country? how popular are unbelievers?

do you follow your countrys religion? are there still many faithful people in your country? how popular are unbelievers?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

people with no religious affiliation make the majority of the population.
I personally am a believing christian.

R A R E
A
R
E

Poland
No
Like 80 something percent of people here are Catholic though only 20% actually go to church regularly and only 40% follows Catholic rules to some degree
Nonbelievers are something between 4 and 10 percent of the population, depending on the research if I remember correctly

do you follow your countrys religion?
No.
are there still many faithful people in your country?
Yes, but church attendance is low.
how popular are unbelievers?
Not much.

Most of the people here just get pseudo-religious as soon as something shitty happens to them

do you only believe to try to avoid the possibility of going to hell?

>avoid the possibility of going to hell?
I don't really believe in a hell so no.
Neither do I believe to go to heaven.

I person should believe in the virtues to do good onto others.

No (we don't have an official one)
Yes
Not very popular amongst old people

>considers himself a believing Christian
>does not believe in heaven or hell
I think you missed something, honey

>do you follow your countrys religion?
no, I'm an apostate by law but personally I still have a sense of belonging in Islam.
>are there still many faithful people in your country?
Growing everyday, it's cool to be faithful here
>how popular are unbelievers?
If this question refers to atheists, then very unpopular. No one admits to being one because of the stigma attached to it.
If this refers to non-believers of Islam, we all fit in just fine. There's not really any mass or forced conversions, we just live together minding each others business.

I believe in heaven just don't see it as important for your life.
I don't believe in a hell tho. Hell is just the absence of god when you die in sin.

If you can conjure up the thought that a God exists, then God exists within you.

Checkmate atheists

How common is Sharia in Malaysia?

Me neither, but those concepts are a part of the basic starter package to identify yourself as a believing Christian according to the Bible. And the Devil is a pretty big aspect of hell, so it's not just about the absence of God.
I'm not here to shit on you btw

Then your are kinda misinformed.
The starter package is accepting christ as your lord (therefore his guidance) and getting babtized.
Your stuff are matters to Theological debates that are no requirement for following christ.

>Your stuff are matters to Theological debates that are no requirement for following christ.
The absolute state of pr*Testantism.

> Heaven and Hell aren't part of Christianity
What's next, "only need to believe in goodness"?
Protestant trash, holy shit. Even Luther couldn't foresee this shit.

But I am catholic.
How is those stuff of importance?

90% of people answered Buddhism and Shinto.
However, there are few enthusiastic followers, and we have chosen something like for life events.

How are you an apostate? Eating and drinking haram things? Not keeping up in prayer?

I myself don't visit church that often each year. But when I do I get a sense of spirituality when I pray and sing with others.

At least being Protestant would mean maybe you had rationale.
You don't just get to make up the rules of your religion. Catholicism has a very specific set of things which you need to hold true and have conviction in.

Why it's important? Ask a priest.

Most Japanese people don't even know the difference between a temple and a shrine.

Yeah, I'm agnostic, just like the majority of the country.

Because the Church is the Pillar and Sustainer of Truth and she, by the Keys given to St. Peter, has the authority to teach us what Christ taught, for Christ promised to protect His Church till the end of the times.
Christ taught us Truths, and hell is one of them. We cannot pick and choose we want and discharge the rest just to satisfy our wills. It is us who must submit to Christ, not the other way around. We are not pr*Testants.

I'll answer for Quebec because I believe *Nglo-Canada is slightly different on this topic.

>do you follow your countrys religion?
No. I'm not even opposed to it (Roman Catholicism), in fact I really like the history, theology, liturgy, art and a lot of the central dogma (though not all of it obviously). However, I just cannot bring myself to have faith. It's not even a rational decision or anything of the sort, I just cannot conceive of the existence of God, let alone of a mortal God also being the son of God.

>are there still many faithful people in your country?
No, there are very, very few left. The great Montreal Seminary, which once had hundreds upon hundreds of aspiring priests, now has something like 20, with most of them being either immigrants (e.g. Africans) or former hobos who "discovered God" while they were homeless.

>how popular are unbelievers?
Very, the Church has a shit ton of stigma around it, people only ever defend it when the topic of Islam arises. If there is a single thing that can possibly save the Church here, it's the increasing presence of Islam (though it's still very unlikely).

>Christ taught us Truths, and hell is one of them. We cannot pick and choose we want and discharge the rest just to satisfy our wills. It is us who must submit to Christ, not the other way around.
This except I’m an Evangelical christian not a Catholic

I think you both misunderstand me and misunderstand the doctrin of the catholic church.

Whatever here from the bible:

Luke 23
40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[b]”

43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Ho much of clearly defined interpretation from the bible did this convict have? Was this the important thing in this converstation?

I mean the church with Theological debates. It's their work not that of the ordinary person.

Isn't that illegal in Malaysia? It at least carries some reprocussions, like making it so you can't be malay anymore, (assuming you were one) right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

Ok, but the Church, as did Christ, teaches the existence of hell. It is a dogma: newadvent.org/cathen/07207a.htm

Yeah but isn't the exact interpretation of hell still a completely open-ended debate?

No. I bet there's no one else with the same religion I follow.
Like almost all of them.
Mostly repatriates.

I follow Islam. Many young people are turning away to degeneracy, but also a lot athiests are coming to Islam.

In my home country it's 99% practising muslim.

I take the greek orthodox view on hell.
Therefore both bad and good people go to god except that the bad ones will suffer from his grace while the good once will experience eternal peace and happiness in it.

I saw that video too, Japanese don't even know what they did in ww2.

The boundary is ambiguous.
There is a history of fusing and repelling, it is not universal.
Jesus, Buddha and Hindu are also in the collection of eight million gods.
We also respect ancestors.

Not entirely. There is a hell, and those on there will suffer. Minor aspects, sure, the existence/inexistence of it? Not.

I'm Catholic. Not knowing about theology is different than rejecting the idea of it. You have no right to say your own interpretation of Hell and Heaven, when you've been given an interpretation already. It's fine to say you don't know, or you don't care, but is a bit sketchy to say.

What does an evangelical believe which differ from the mainstream? There's way too many Christian sects desu.

>Minor aspects, sure
But, for example, I recall hearing a priest (probably Robert Barron) saying that the Church hasn't actually determined if anybody has ever been to hell. That seems like a pretty major aspect.

And this idea of hell existing as a conceptual state of godlessness is one I've heard quite a lot. You would know better than me whether or not this idea is at all compatible with Catholic teachings, but certainly a lot of people seem to conceive of it that way.

we don't have official religion, and I am a free man y don't follow dogmas

I clearly won't believe that it's some barbecue place with little devils peaking you with their giant forks.

I told you hell is for me simply the absence of god.

He was heavily criticized for saying so (but he is good, I like him).Foe exemple, we know hell is not empty for sure, because the demons are definitely there.
But even if we can not determine if there is any human soul there, that is different from saying "there is no hell".
And if memory does not fail me, hell as the absence of God is not compatible with Catholicism, for NOTHING can exist without a cause (even heaven and hell), and the primary cause is God. I have read that many theologians believe that the suffering of hell is because those who are there know of the existence of God and can see Him, but suffer for not being with Him.

The Church doesn't dogmatically teach that hell is a place of fire, but she teaches that there is a hell and those there do suffer. That's my point.

>but certainly a lot of people seem to conceive of it that way.
That how it was and I think still is seen in Judaism.
And also many Christian Writers through the times wrote on it this way.

Only used against Muslims but for now only certain cases are handled in a Sharia court, most common are divorces

Every sin is forgiven by Allah except polytheism so me not believing in Allah specifically makes me an apostate. If the federal government can prove I'm an apostate I'll just get sent to a rehab to "push" myself back into Islam.

I had some unsorted issues as a teen so I'm kinda in a twist regarding religion. Pretty long and still confusing to myself so I won't bother writing unless anyone is interested.

Malay is an ethnicity though
Yeah, if you're Malay you must be Muslim, no exceptions. I can't get it off my ID card but I don't mind

I also don't believe that god is a bearded man in heaven. Whatya going to do about it.
I don't beliebe that he has any form at all.

Yeah, but it's an ethnicity with laws surrounding what people can fit into it. An official, exclusive ethnicity. And part of what is required is that a malay follows islam. At least that's how I've understood it, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, why is polytheism the biggest faux pas in islam? Like, seems like the most abhorrent thing you can be to islam is a polytheist. The worst shirk, or whatever. Just seems weird.

God isn't a beard man in heaven. The Church doesn't teach this, read Saint Thomas Aquinas.

>reading anything other than the bible
>believing in "the church", or anything beyond scripture
Nice try, brazillian.

If there is no Authority to interpret the scriptures, than the scriptures mean nothing at all. Why your particular interpretation of it is true when there literally other 10.000 different sects saying otherwise?

I'm just larping mate. I'm not a christian.

Nah man, you're spot on
but to be frank it hasn't been so exclusive since if you're a Muslim citizen you'll get classified as a Malay and the same rights as a Malay
>see: Datuk Seri Thamby Chik

Out of my ass here but I think it has to do with Islam's roots as a polytheist religion so in trying to distance themselves from their pagan root, they make it the gravest of sins. Thats how you get those extremists who say venerating a saint is not okay because its close to worshipping them

You're still a hardliner.
The catholic church doesn't demand being a hardliner.

I am fine with my way.

>What is Roman Catholic Heterodoxy
Just shut up

>Talking out of his ass
Islam was never a polytheistic religion nor was it inspired by paganism.

Venerating a saint is idolatry and that is not an extreme statement. You undermine God when you need go through a saint.

Stop trolling, mate. You can't be serious.

I suppose it explains the religious tensions that exist between muslims and hindus in India. If it is the highest of sins then indian muslims must really hate being surrounded by millions of people from the worlds largest polytheistic religion.

>You undermine God when you need go through a saint.
And yet evidently the majority of christian doctrine for hundreds of years did not agree with you on that.

>Islam was never a polytheistic religion
Historical proof see this differently.

Whats with these religion bait threads? Lets go back to race bait threads please.

The very idea of religion or any higher power above humans is retarded and frankly insulting to everything humanity has achieved so far.

The church believes in trinity and has icons of saints everywhere. People worship Mary too. Why should I care about the church?

im atheist but respect religious people, nice churches are supercomfy

>worship Mary
You are dumb as fuck dude.

>Prostrates and kneels before a statue of Mary and prays for themselves
>Not worship

Oh yh it's intercession right?

Sorry this was meant for the Brazilian not Russian.

Um… like saving sea monkeys from Westerners and liberating them while we try to prosper together with china and korea?

I agree. I've thought this for a long time now. As someone who considers the human as the highest form of life, and the most significant and amazing being in the world, it kind of offends me when people devalue our species like that.

Learn the difference between Latria, Dulia and Hyperdulia before you want to discuss theology.

Shroud yourself in complexity and esotericism so nobody can question your belief.

they're more interesting imo

>what is intercession through a holy man
The highest person that can intercede for you is the Prophet, then why not the lower persons beneath him, whom Allah have designated as "wali"

Why do you think so? Please elaborate

Intercession is an innovation

That' what both Catholics and Orthodox have taught since... Ever. But of course we should believe in a pr*Testant born in the 16th century.

Depends on the definition of existence. If by existing you mean that the idea of something exists, fairies and unicorns exist too, as well as Thor and Zeus.
Unless you mean Kierkegaard's retarded 'proof' that God exists because the idea of God is too absurd to be conceived without God's intervention. But it's not, in fact it's just an extreme consequence of human tendency to anthropomorphisms. If you mean that God must be real because every idea must have an ultimate idea and the ultimate ideas must be real because they all lead to ultimate goodness which must exist because existing is better than not existing is even more retarded and could only be created by medieval scholastic philosophy because a) why would existing be better than not existing except of 'because we say so' b) why would existing of perfection mean said perfection is conscious and would match exactly the set of ancient Jewish legends

That's why I believe that the ordinary person should not discuss such matters.
It's too much effort to get a serious knowledge.
Too complicated.

It's better when dedicated people do this that has have no other purpose in life.

*cartoon_girl_with_question_mark.jpg*
>what is zikr

And what about the cosmological argument? Everything has a cause. Of course this doesn't tell us about the nature of the original cause, but God is a rather compelling and intuitive conclusion, no?

God as he is described in abrahamic religion is a perfect ultimate being. So, nothing humans can create or achieve will ever compare to him. It devalues our current achievements and renders any research, exploration or creative activity pointless.

>muh achievments

Humbleness is a virtue. In the end it is a virtue a seemingly senseless act or restriction a person puts on himself with seemingly no benefit to him that makes you different to an animal. Otherwise your always just a slave of your nature the same way as any animal.

That's a pessimist view. God is ultimate. But he tells us to improve and use the tools he has given us. Our current achieve cannot compare to the universe or life but we can still strive to improve.

Even in a humanist view every exploration and activity is pointless. Why should we go to mars or develop fusion reactors? We're gonna die anyway.