Seeing as the trade wars have begun:

Seeing as the trade wars have begun:
Americans, what European products will you miss the most? Europeans, what American products will you miss the most?

I'll miss NOTHING. All I eat is fermented herring and Swedish milk, they can't get to me

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/business-43316228
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Computer hardwares. Tarrifs plus cryptoniggers will be hard.

Don't really buy any European products so none really

Fermented herring sounds awful.

I don't really like American food. I prefer English food like pizza or chinese.

Britcucks are already going to get destroyed by EU. Imagine if we started trade war against them.

I can't really think of anything I'll miss t-b-h.

Nothing. This will be good for the rest of the world.

don't talk to me or my country ever again

European cheese. Foreign automobiles. Probably quite a bit more things. I don't really want to believe this is happening.

There is no negative to all of this.
In fact countries being self-sufficient has been the prime priority for centuries and only in the last hundred years or so did everyone go crazy with globalist capitalism.
Everyone needs to ramp up their national tariffs until we can all become normal autark countries as it used to be.

>sets aside 100 years of economic theory and empirical research

"ok"

I barely use any American products so nothing of value will be lost

Don't really use American products. Vidyas are eurojank or Japanese, movies and series are Japanese, music is European electric music.

I honestly wonder what Finland products I use. I guess this will make me more aware of the products by missing them. I shouldn't have taken any of the products I use for granted.

>I honestly wonder what Finland products I use
Me too.

this whole thing is extremely pointless and counter productive, surely theres a better way to go about this

I don't think I buy anything at all from the US.

It will honestly hurt us more than it will hurt you. We get more exports from the Netherlands than you get imports from us.

This. It shouldn't even be a thing really

It's possible you use none but that's not really the point because the trade war is not Finland vs USA, it's EU + possible others vs USA

I guess I'll have to start drinking American liquor.

>what American products will you miss the most

>PC games
>Software
>Movies
>TV series

Wait, we already pirate that. The US is 100% replaceable.

Well of course I realize that. I know I don't realize how much everyday products I use might come from the EU. Missing them will make me realize that.

>don't use any products from the USA
>only thing I'd miss are movies, music and books

But then, I already download everything illegally. I'm a communist.

Hurt is subjective.
I would prefer to lose an import over hard cash from trade.

From the top of my head the only american thing that I occasionally buy is bourbon whiskey. I think I'll manage.

NOT THE OJ

The steel + aluminium tariffs alone will already make every product using those materials more expensive for all Americans and that is already a ton of products

this is so fucking stupid

Unless they're putting a tariff on steam games I'm good.

That headline is retarded, the list is over 200 products with a trade worth nearly 3 billion

I know. Especially Aluminum because we have no way to replace that.

The proposed tariffs on American products by the EU comprise peanut butter, orange juice and bourbon. Wow, it's fucking NOTHING.

The only American products I can think of in my daily life are my CPU and GPU, and they're going strong for the foreseeable future. Almost all my digital contents are pirated.

Literally can't begin to give a shit.

I need cheap chink electronics

bbc.com/news/business-43316228
Of all of the things on the list to focus on I'm not sure why they focus on the peanut butter and Orange juice.

Looks awful aswell.
wouldn't wanna know how it smells.

On one hand, I want us to put economic pressure on Germany and France to ensure a fair Brexit, but this isn't the right way to go about it.

Have you missed Trump's tantrum over the US not being payed enough for intellectual property?
You're not good, Thorvald.

Wait. No tariffs have been slapped on China right?

I've been putting off buying my Xiaomi Yi 4k action camera and if these tariffs affect the price of it then I am going to have to speed up my purchasing plans soon.

>Ensure a fair Brexit
Please. It's being done in a misguided attempt to reinvigorate the Steel industry here.

What's funny is that they're directly chosen to target republic politicans' home states, right in time for midterm elections.

What exactly constitutes a fair Brexit? Because even the UK government hasn't internally agreed to what this actually means.

i wanted to buy a buick. now i cant

>no tariffs on China
Really fires up the old engine

>The proposed tariffs on American products by the EU comprise peanut butter, orange juice and bourbon. Wow, it's fucking NOTHING.
>f all of the things on the list to focus on I'm not sure why they focus on the peanut butter and Orange juice.

See:
>the list is over 200 products with a trade worth nearly 3 billion
and
>What's funny is that they're directly chosen to target republic politicans' home states, right in time for midterm elections.

One where Germany and France suffer more more than the UK.

But in all seriousness, one in which they aren't allowed to punish the UK for leaving.

there are really enough euro brands to choose from

Are we going to be accused of medling in their election too?

Why a buick if you don't mind me asking?

why does one side have to suffer? i'd rather we just left on good terms

Ah it makes sense.

This is not an answer to my question. Tell me, what exactly constitutes a 'fair' Brexit?

I think he was trying to be funny with his first statement. Too bad it's a serious situation.

Probably, Trump supports might not understand cause and effect.
When in reality, this is simple "act shit get hit"-politics.

Besides Bydlo whiskey (jack danials) I don't know of a single US product.

I think this shit can only hurt us since shitty shart products are near to non existend here to begin with.

It's not our problem that their political system is so broken that their politicians are so dependent on the corporate donor class. We are just exposing it.

I can't think of a single American thing that anyone in my entire family buys besides Coca Cola, but I'm pretty sure they make that in factories over here rather than importing it all the way from America so sanctions shouldn't make any difference to that.

Not much, American snacks and food is shit.
Like Hershey's ""chocolate"" that tastes like puke.

>I'm not winning unless the other side is losing
I don't think mutually beneficial arrangements exist in Trump's world.

Oh oh oh maybe the will block shart entertainment.
Fuck I am into this trade war.
That could be the greatest ever happened too Euopre since a long time.

No shitty shart sitcomes, no degenrate nigger movies, no nigger music.

That's a dream

Tons of our food comes from the states though, not just Coca Cola.

>Like Hershey's ""chocolate"" that IS puke.
FTFY

To be fair brussels sprouts ARE fucking disgusting.

t. broccoli master race

Coca Cola is produced localy here.

good post

Coca Cola sold in Europe is made in Europe. Shipping it across the Atlantic would be wholly unprofitable, and also it would contain corn syrup instead of real sugar otherwise.

I like both to be honest. Also Asparagus.

Trump is a 4d chess master

Trump is actually a gift for the EU establishment. They get to show off the economical weight and leverage of the EU triggering further integration.

Trump is the perfect boogeyman, the common enemy that fastens European integration.

Can Germany survive if Trump decides raise tariffs on their (shitty, unreliable) cars?

>and also it would contain corn syrup instead of real sugar otherwise.
I've never considered this, does American Coke taste different than ours?

i wonder how many american companies will move abroad too, if this escalates

us market

Not that great. Cauliflower slightly tossed in a pan with breadcrumbs is neat.

>Like Netflix. You think they'll stick with the 30 million audience in the US compared to the entire 508 million EU audience? Not to mention the UK, China, India...

Hopefully this shit gets cancelled.

Some say yes, since their coke is made with high fructose corn syrup while in Europe they use
raffinated sugar.

Yeah it tastes bad.

Some Americans go to great lengths to buy Mexican Coca Cola with cane sugar, but I'm not sure how big the difference in taste actually is. One thing is for certain, American Coca Cola would inevitably make you obese if you retained the same lifestyle. So many stories of Americans going on a European exchange and immediately losing weight without even adjusting their diet.

Companies aren't patriotic, they're profit-seeking.

You'll be stuck with your beloved Comcast showing you Ellen reruns for eternity. Now clap!

I don't clap.

>Like Hershey's ""chocolate"" that tastes like puke.
Most cheap chocolate tastes the same no matter where it originates.

>Tons of our food comes from the states though
Such as?

Pretty much all of our wheat.

[citation needed]

Not that I completely doubt it, but I'd expect it to be far less than "all of it" and that you could find alternative import sources.

Really? Not calling you a liar but I'd like to see a source before believing it.

Don't see why we'd buy burger wheat and ship it all the way across the Atlantic when we could probably buy it way cheaper from Ukraine or something.

Fuck, I think I got the wheat imports confused with something else, disregard that.

What kind of spices does it come in?

"The most horrible smell you've ever encountered"-spice

look up reaction videos on YT

Politicians here are considering taxing steel and aluminum, we are actually buying more steel from USA than what we import.

this

Mexico and EU new best friends?
Let's make it happen.

Most """""""""German'"""""""""" cars sold here are actually made in the US or Mexico.

California makes better wine now so I can't really say I'm going to be missing out any any Euro products.

AMERICA GET THE NUKES

Maybe I should try that next time.

Some shit taste right here.

Pic related is the best, along with basically anything else which is eaten in abundance in Mediterranean countries. Everything else ranges from mediocre to shit.

Yes, it would be for no one to tariff anything. Tell that to the US.

Trump is profoundly unpopular and can't afford not to live up to his campaign promises. By doing this, he not only gets to pander to industrial workers in the US, but also gets to pander to the wider patriot audience by "sticking it to China and them Euro queers".

Multinationals can simply spin-off branches to make new corps. There are a lot of companies that share name and logo but are actually run separately, with independent headquarters in different countries.

There will always (or for the next 50 years, at least) be massive corps with headquarters in the USA because it is such a big market. Even though it has less people than the EU or a few single countries.

I think we are currently negotiating a new trade deal. If mean everyone here is shiting their pants is case NAFTA is killed.