What's it like having history, culture, and roots...

What's it like having history, culture, and roots? Being able to step outside and knowing that your ancestors worked so hard over millennia to bring you the society you live in today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NPnFN7KzJ5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty fucking good.

it doesn't really feel that special, considering you don't have an actual connection to them. Instead of taking pride in something you had no hand in, do something yourself that would make you proud, user.

Unironically this.

On the contrary, our societies are deeply conflicted because of our ever-changing borders, groups of people displaced by war and traditional regionalism stemming from unstable national structures. Since the birth of my late great grandmother alone in 1914, or in other words in the last century alone there have been five national flags flown over us. German Empire, Weimar Republic, Third Reich, German Democratic Republic, Federal Republic of Germany.

dunno, my ancestors were some poor peasants who never achieved anything worthy of notice

Thats because germany is a non country.
This is why the west is dying

At least we managed to continually exist in the first place, unlike some of our neighbors.

what is your basis for that being the reason? My thought process encourages people doing their best at work. I'm not saying disregard what your ancestors have done, I just don't think you should linger on it and feel like YOU accomplished something when you really haven't done anything.

Nothing wrong with having pride for your country, or some other kind of entity, but it is dumb to let useless people feel accomplished when, they are in fact, useless.

The past is important, a nation that doesnt know its past doesnt have a future.

This doesnt contradict the positivistic attitude that encourages accomplishing things and making something out of yourself despite the romantic notion regarding the past

>getting off your ass and doing something in the now over sitting around being proud of stuff you didn't do is why the west is dying

t. my culture is shooting guns and eating burgers

t. my culture is getting raped by neighbors for most of my known history

There is no doubt the past is important, but I just don't see how people should either burden themselves with it, or feel so connected to something they had no hand in that they feel accomplished.
If you are capable of having pride in your country, and also strive to accomplish for yourself then I'm all for it, but I just don't think people that can't do both should fixate on others accomplishments.

t. mutt

t. central euro mutt

t. >im white

t. Kurwa

t. Taras Žygimantas

i never claimed to be wh*Te
>my pole ass is on FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>American """"""""""""""""""""""""education"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Please don't lower yourself on the level of the Pole, my American friends
Poland is still not a fully civilized country, they have yet to embrace the values of enlightenment

I'd say it's because if you don't feel a connection to your nations past then it wont matter to you. The legends and stories of people just like you become as irreverent to the modern man as primary school ancient Egypt. Then the past gets forgotten.

If you believe history is important and furthermore believe that you're own history is important then it's the only way.

It's okay, my Lithuanian-Ukrainian friend, there's nothing to be ashamed of.

>American
>friends
thenk u germeny

The spirit of pride is what you do the great things for to be proud of user. Pride is veneration

t. non country citizen
>Germany
>Enlightment
Destroying europe x times wasnt enough?

>1/16 pole
>1/256 cherokee
>1/88 Germany
>0,25665441512412521652112412115121321 French
>3,14 Italian
t. mutt

The United States of America has over 200 years of history as a country and over 400 years of history as a colony. How can a people live together for so long and not develop a culture? Why are Americans still dependent on Europe for their identity?

Its difficult to expect them to establish a culture if their average IQ is equal to room temperature.

C A M A N C H O
youtube.com/watch?v=NPnFN7KzJ5c

It might just be that I'm a simpler man, but I think history is important as to not repeat mistakes of the past, and it might because I don't feel like I'm near death, but I have never felt the need to immortalize myself in history. I believe you should live to be happy, and I believe for most people, the way to happiness is to accomplish something. Sorry if I'm blabbering or contradicting myself, I'm pretty tired and going to head to bed.
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying, but I don't see how veneration and pride is the same, while they seem loosely connected, to me they are two separate states.

thanks for your insight guys, you have definitely giving my something to ponder over in bed

They have though, it's just invisible because were so influenced by it. Plus the whole basis of the American culture is English so that removes a lot of separation.

>"no culture"
>what are blue jeans
>what are t-shirts
>what are hollywood movies
>what is coca-cola
>what is baseball
>what is the internet
>what are cars
>inb4 "those are just inventions not actual culture wahhhhh"

It is pretty good. I have irish roots and history and culture. Don't you?

If you have so much history and culture, why are you so insecure about your history and culture?

cancer

>this flag
kek, nice bait

but that's all you know. your culture is whatever you copy from us. unless you are an old babushka. prove me wrong

>Jeans
cancer
>T-Shirts
You didnt invent them just that your name stuck
>Hollywood
uber cancer
>coca cola
cancer
>baseball
cancer, no one plays it except for you
>the internet
do i really have to explain why its cancer?
>cars
invented by a french guy

When a country's past is shitty you don't care about your past at all and hence have no future

t. Brazil

If it's all cancer then why are you making us rich from buying all of it, faggot?

this. also cars and the internet are not culture, they are inventions. also the t-shirt jeans combo basically ruined mens style for the foreseable future

>unironically taking pride in subservise Jewish talkies and sugary diabetes water
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>Posts swedish vodka which is only good for cleaning
Murrican """""uducashin"""""
>Coca cola
Revenue per region
>Europe and others 13,7%
Yeah you're totally rich by us

Culture is the bones of a country, when a person is healthy, you can't see their bones, the skeleton is ignored or taken for granted.
A sick person's bones become visible the way a sick country's culture does: after starvation or illness.
As usual, the sick country usually self-inflicts or chases ghosts before it dies, conspiracies and self-created external enemies are easier to understand than insufficiency and ignorance.
>baseball
lol fuck right off with that boring shit.

Where do I begin?

>not even a millennium

the invention of mass media so early in the lifespan of our country sort of killed any chance of culture developing.

What are you talking about? There is a substantial cultural difference between regions of the US. It's a part of the reason why our politics are fucked. Also the entire world consumes our music, television, fashion, politics, and language.

Pride in the accomplishments of your forefathers and countrymen is a standard to uphold, feels good to continue that

Thinks baseball is boring when he plays r*gby

They are just inventions but the reason you use them is because of American culture

Pretty gay...

>your culture is absolutely different from pre ww2 but you must say we wuz or you're basically gook
Feels bad desu

This. Building pride is better than leeching it, unless you're that incapable lmao

We aren't. Contrary to popular belief, we don't give two shits about Europe. And why should we? Many of us don't bother leaving the country, and when we do it's usually to Canada or Mexico. People may have a general interest where they came from, but that's about it.

We mostly identify by what region/state we come from

Well said, in that regard fuck Texas