1. Country

1. Country
2. Is your country the legitimate heir to the Roman Empire?

France
Yes

Everybody knows austria is the rightful heir of the roman empire.

Why yes it is

Funland
of course

France's only connection to Rome is the language.

Why of course. Did you know that Constantine the Great was crowned the Roman emperor in York

5th Rome reporting.

Greece.

>Rome was initially a kingdom, then a republic, and finally an empire. France went through that same cycle TWICE.
>the Code civil is the modern Corpus Juris Civilis
>France tried to rebuild Rome TWICE
We earned the title when we put an end to the Holy """"""""""""Roman"""""""""""" Empire. That's just how it .

I have always felt like that is the case, yes

isn't.

Finland
We ARE the Roman empire

Roman Empire --> Western Roman Empire --> Britain --> New Zealand

umm New Zealand was New South Wales territory sweaty xx

the r*Man empire was to weak to invade ireland

Don't finish my posts, thank you.

my ancestor :)

Yes

but we broke off because we couldn't be ruled by pretenders to the Roman Empire when we were the true kangz all along

1. Slovenia
2. ...

If my childhood taught me anything it's that France could have never stood withstood the might of the Roaman empire without Asterix, Obelix and your magic potions.

Romania
Yes

Canada

No, the Legit heir is either Italy or G*rmany.

pédéraste

>recognising G*rmanics LARPing as Romans after causing the fall of Rome in the first place

Flag

Yes

coucou mon français de province

More like ireland was too poor to invade.

coucou monsieur grenouille

?
si je suis une grenouille tu l'es aussi, nous sommes culturellement indissociables

No, they just got distracted by Picts

non je ne suis pas homosexuel, arrête tes avances

mince wtf tu me déçois

bisous je t'aime

Overthrowing the previous ruler and making yourself the new ruler is perfectly valid form of succession. If it weren't, Rome died a thousand years before it fell because the first emperor who got usurped got ran outta town. Which happened a lot, especially later on.

Australia
Absolutely

>1. country
Brabant

>2. Is your country the legitimate heir to the Roman Empire?
No, but it's heir to the Frankish Empire

not really tho, based franks expanded to get rid off your people

why didn't their language spread farther south then?

because their culture was inferior to the southern one, why would you keep your habit when the people you conquered have a better lifestyle.

Your mouth smell like shit even miles away, I smell it from here.

Wash your fucking mouth, is not the fucking eight o'clock in the morning.

they saw white monkeys with red hairs, they felt like their empire was wide enough to not expand it close the gates of hell

By that logic Romans should have made Greek their official an only language when they conquered Greece.

Because they were already latinized. Romans tried to assimilate Germanics at first, Franks were no exception. That's why the Salic law was written in (poor) Latin.

Romans were behaving like greeks this centuries

Flag

Yes
Yes
Yes

salic law was written in Latin because you and Saxons and probably most Frisians didn't understand Frankish. The Franks were taught Latin under Roman rule already as second language

Finland
Unironically yes.
Also heir to the Russian empire

Or maybe, just maybe because Frankish had no written form at the time except meme runes and Latin was the language of law?

It was written when the Franks moved from modern Utrecht to modern Flanders. That's how the (current) language border was born.

>Latin was the language of law?
yes, indeed. However, the Franks weren't really consequent and used Frankish words throughout the text.

Contrarily to the other territories the Franks had conquered, Gaul was speaking latin for already 400 years and it was well cemented, also latin had prestige
Frankish was just seen as another barbarian language

my ancestors :)

good post

WE

The Gaulish slave's hero worship of his Roman masters never ceases to make me laugh
Bet the Romans themselves were giggling at you lot