Other urls found in this thread:

thejournal.ie/eighth-amendment-referendum-wording-3892018-Mar2018/
twitter.com/eucopresident/status/971771754325700608
youtu.be/eu2OYcgr4rM
youtube.com/watch?v=X3oOQ8XnQWU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for OP is best poster.

>International Women's Day
Time for the media to lecture me about how women are simultaneously perpetual victims and strong independent womyn.

cheesed Gascoigne on the stairs last night

I shall commemorate this day by breaking my week long nofap

>International Women's Day
>there isn't an International Men's Day
>feminists will claim that this is not sexist and make up some shite like "Every day is men's day"

>there isn't an International Men's Day
There is though - it's the 19th of November. It just gets nowhere near as much as attention as International Women's Day.

Does anybody else here feel obliged to get their mother something for mother's day? My family never celebrated any of the commercial "holidays" so I grew up never getting my parents anything for Father's Day, Mother's Day, etc. But in recent years because of the internet I have become increasingly aware of how much of a big deal it has become in Ireland and it is making me feel uncomfortable for not acknowledging it.

>Does anybody else here feel obliged to get their mother something for mother's day
Yes, I think it's natural enough to feel obliged to do it because everyone else is doing the same.
Up to you whether you want to or not though, and whether your mammy gives a shite.

>and whether your mammy gives a shite.
It's hard to tell. If I ask her, she will say that she doesn't care. But like many mothers (and women in general), she can be obtuse like that.

going to South Korea in 2 weeks. If I'm still a virgin when I return I shall prematurely accept wizardry

For too long the anime menace has plagued this general. The RAAA (Republican Action Against Anime) is making plans. Lots of plans. Big Plans. And the days of you queer baiting faggots are numbered.

Expect big changes to happen in the next few days. High profile doxxes. Uncontrollable spamming. Startling revelations into how deep this homosexual cult practice goes.

Prepare yourselves.

thejournal.ie/eighth-amendment-referendum-wording-3892018-Mar2018/

>In the event of a yes vote, the text of the amendment will be replaced by this line:

>“Provision may be made by law for the regulation of termination of pregnancies.”

YASSS QUEEN, SLAY FOETUSES

Baby slaughter soon...

they did a tranny google doodle for international womens day lmao

Hello friends and foe alike. I have returned only for today to grace you with my presence.

Happy international women's day. Let's take a moment to appreciate all the women in our life. The mothers, grandmothers, sisters, the hard working women, nurses, doctors, pharmacists, farmers, women in physical jobs (what's more attractive than a woman operating heavy machinery or herding animals am i right?), all the women who persevere and are resilient.
Women are very underrated.

What's the craic, AA?

Just got home from Denmark. Went to a small concert in a bar. Hung out in freetown for 2 days, it's a very interesting place.
Other than that nothing really.

you sound like trump

thanks i guess.

Nothing like supporting the murder of foetuses for that sweet sweet leftist street cred.

>Women are very underrated.

:)

What's you employment situation now, AA? You seemed to be talking about quitting or something last time you were around.

Wearing a pink t-shirt today. purely coincidence and I didn't realise until a couple of minutes ago, but is it okay to say hey this is nice because IWD? or is associating the colour pink with women a bad gender stereotype? I guess it is.
Still employed full time. Got promoted out of being relief staff and now have a line so I know my hours for the year. I'm a lot happier. Don't think I'll quit. Ill be saying I hate my job again and i want to die in a few months time anyway, thats just how I fluctuate with the bipolar.

I fear that the time is quickly approaching when I will gave to accept that the abortion referendum is going to pass. The Pro-Repeal campaign has too much momentum, and with such a short official campaign period ahead of us, it seems unlikely that the Pro-Life campaign will land any decisive blows if it hasn't done so already. The only possible thing standing in the way of the 8th being repealed at this stage is if the silent pro-Life demographic is actually much larger than anybody anticipated.

I'm still going to vote, but the almost inevitable result compounds by dissatisfaction with the direction this country is taking socially.

Internet's acting up again.

Fortnite downloaded. I'm scared.

*my
>giving
>ups
That's how they win, you know?
>Pro-Repeal campaign has too much momentum
Everyone was predicting some sort of unbearable blood bath and shit flinging contest, still wonder if we will end up with something like that.
>compounds my dissatisfaction with the direction this country is taking socially
As long as you aren't one of those people that says "I'm definitely going to leave the country if X happens".
Was it someone here that was saying Ray D'Arcy said that about Enda becoming Taoiseach?
Perhaps if the EU and UN were dismantled, the social slide we are experiencing may be reduced.

>giving up
It's not like I was doing much for the Pro-Life cause in the first place. I'm not the activist type.

> still wonder if we will end up with something like that.
Now that the linchpin Supreme Court case is out of the way and the government has released the text of the proposed amendment to replace the 8th, things will probably start kicking off in earnest now.

>As long as you aren't one of those people that says "I'm definitely going to leave the country if X happens".
And forfeit my ability to bitch and moan about the state of the country? Not a chance.

>Was it someone here that was saying Ray D'Arcy said that about Enda becoming Taoiseach?
>a hypocrite being hypocritical
And yes, he did say that.

>I'm not the activist type
Unless of course someone removes the tricolour from atop Leinster House, in which case you would immediately be on the back of a pickup to Belfast with a gun in your hands, right?

I imagine I wouldn't have to go as far as Belfast if such an event had just taken place.

>pic
That's a weird looking S35.

>I imagine I wouldn't have to go as far as Belfast if such an event had just taken place
True, your nearest FG voter would be a good first target.
>That's a weird looking S35
Y-yes, I agree completely...

>Mary McAleese calls for Catholic Church to end 'toxic virus of misogyny'
>She said that it has become a "primary global carrier of the toxic virus of misogyny", and "a male bastion of patronising platitudes to which Pope Francis has added his own quota".
>Mrs McAleese, who has been a campaigner for same-sex rights for 40 years, said a church hierarchy that is "homophobic and anti-abortion is not the church of the future".
Christ, she turned into a real... something, after only a few years.
If the church isn't even anti-abortion, then what point is there to it at all?

>it has become
How has the church changed in the past decades in that regard?

>How has the church changed in the past decades in that regard
Well it probably hasn't, but I guess the global environment surrounding the church has changed resulting in it sticking out more and it being more of a visible target.

>ywn never share the social values of Irish society at large
Bit alienating desu. And it's only going to get worse.

>And it's only going to get worse
Not sure about that desu, with the gay marriage thing there may be an uptake in the ole yurism.

>3D yuri

I don't think I've ever felt on the same wavelength as society at large. I'm used to the alien nation.

>3D

>3D

First for rape on Women's Day

Sounds like you had a productive day in that case.

>"EU freezes Brexit talks until Britain produces Irish border solution"
>"Donald Tusk says negotiations will be 'Ireland first' from now on"
/ourlad/ Donald does it again.

>/ourlad/ Donald does it again
How long until they stop giving a shit about us?
I don't get it.

>How long until they stop giving a shit about us?
That's a rather negative take on the EU's consistent and thorough support of Ireland throughout the Brexit negotiations so far. There's no evidence to suggest that they will throw us to the wolves for a trade deal with country that abandoned the the EU.

Until the prayers of Europeans past comes true and a giant fist descends from the sky to punch Scotland in the face.

twitter.com/eucopresident/status/971771754325700608
>"If in London someone assumes that the #Brexit negotiations will deal with other issues first, before moving to the Irish issue, my response would be: Ireland first."

>no evidence to suggest that they will throw us to the wolves for a trade deal with country that abandoned the the EU
Well traditionally one would expect a government or organisation to achieve the best deal possible for it's five hundred and eleven million people/members and not just a subset of five million.
Are those five hundred plus million going to be prepared to give up improved economics and such just to benefit some tiny periphery nation? Remains to be seen but I'd imagine not.

>punch Scotland in the face
I think I'm confused, very confused...

>Well traditionally one would expect a government or organisation to achieve the best deal possible for it's five hundred and eleven million people/members and not just a subset of five million.
That's a rather narrow view of the EU's interest in securing a soft border in Ireland. Apart from the EU's recognition of the importance of a soft boarder on Ireland from a social and economic point of view, unless a deal is secured, the NI border will become an external border with the Customs Union and the Single Market. The EU knows that such a border would be a nightmare to enforce and potentially devastating for peace and prosperity on the island of Ireland.

>Are those five hundred plus million going to be prepared to give up improved economics and such just to benefit some tiny periphery nation?
Seemingly so. Not a single EU member state has even signaled that they might even consider breaking ranks over the EU's hard stance on Ireland. There's an expectation that the EU would do the same for them were they in the same boat as Ireland right now. Also there's a lot of brewing anti-UK sentiment and rightful recognition that the British are to blame for this mess so they should fix it.

*border

Couldn't feel more alienated if I tried, but I don't vote because this is an oligarchy; and only those with power have a say.

>traditionally one would expect a government or organisation to achieve the best deal possible for it's five hundred and eleven million people/members and not just a subset of five million
It's important the EU appears to look out for their own. Not only to show that they value their member states but also to put on a strong front against those that would damage the union.

>I think I'm confused
Perfidious Albion feared the Hand of God for many years, so they told everyone England was in the north of Britain. That's why England got away with committing so many sins over the centuries and Scotland suffered for it.

I hope the UK horrendously suffer for leaving the EU, or should I say continue to suffer.
I want to see their failed imperialist kingdom collapse to nothing before I'm dead.

The future is bright with the flames engulfing Britain.

>The EU knows that such a border would be a nightmare to enforce
>potentially devastating for peace and prosperity on the island of Ireland
All sound like issues for us to be dealing with, rather than the EU. As in we would be responsible for enforcing and resolving them.
>rather narrow view of the EU's interest
Five million is a rather narrow segment of the EU, in fairness. Of course it feeds in I suppose to your suggestion to the perception that the EU would do the same for other countries if they were in trouble.
I just read the tweet there and some of the reaction to it. I'm just being cautious we don't get caught up in all the "haha Brits and May rekt, go EU!" sentiment that is flying about. Yes, the EU have been very good to us in the negotiations thus far but I'll keep my eyes and ears open on the matter regardless and not engage in too much rejoicing.

>put on a strong front against those that would damage the union
A strong front of Panzers and various other pieces of military equipment maybe?

>All sound like issues for us to be dealing with, rather than the EU.
>As in we would be responsible for enforcing and resolving them
That's not how the EU works. First of all, we negotiate as one - especially with regard to issues that concern the integrity of the single market and customs union. Ireland cannot (and should not) act unilaterally in negotiating on what may in a few years time be an external territorial border of the EU. Not only would it be in violation of EU treaties we've signed, but was have considerably more leverage over the UK by negotiating as part of the EU rather than on our own.

Secondly, the British created this mess - they propose the solutions or they fuck off. The EU holds all the cards here, especially since we secured the backstop deal in December.

>Yes, the EU have been very good to us in the negotiations thus far but I'll keep my eyes and ears open on the matter regardless and not engage in too much rejoicing.
I'm going to revel in this until a see even a shred of evidence that suggests I shouldn't. The EU has been good to us on the issue of Brexit so far, and frankly I'm highly appreciative of that.

>All sound like issues for us to be dealing with, rather than the EU
As long as Ireland remains part of the EU then our problems are their problems. A return to the troubles of the past benefits no one.
>Five million is a rather narrow segment of the EU
I don't think the EU judges things in basic terms of population.
>I'm just being cautious
>I'll keep my eyes and ears open on the matter regardless
Good attitude to have. It's not good to believe someone or something is truly benevolent and can do no wrong but at the same time I don't think the EU would throw us under a bus to appease the same country they want to punish.

*We have

Christ, just one post without a typo would be nice.

>capital w when it was lowercase in the post
I'm going to count this as another one.

nobody but you cares about typos.

They trigger muh autism.

>As long as Ireland remains part of the EU then our problems are their problems
Does it really matter to them if people are being blown up and shot along the border? It'll only negatively affect Irish and British people, no?
>I don't think the EU judges things in basic terms of population
True, but one could also argue the EU leadership doesn't represent their interests, hence contributing in some way to the growing Euroscepticism around Europe.
Does Tusk care about Ireland? Maybe so.
Does your average Pole care about Ireland? Probably not as much.
>I don't think the EU would throw us under a bus to appease the same country they want to punish
I agree, however is supporting us so vigorously more about punishing Britain rather than helping us? Probably isn't in fairness, but it's a factor.

>That's not how the EU works. First of all, we negotiate as one
Yes, but we'd be primarily responsible for maintaining the border, no?
>especially with regard to issues that concern the integrity of the single market and customs union
I wasn't suggesting that we negotiate unilaterally with Britain, rather that the issues of border posts and terrorists would be our issues to maintain rather than the EUs. Not our issues in the first place to negotiate.
>I'm going to revel in this (forever, as I'm a raging Europhile)
I know desu, you don't have state it.

*have to

Well open notepad and type a reply to yourself there. No need to talk to yourself and point out mistakes nobody else cares about or even notices until you say it.

>nobody else cares about or even notices until you say it
That's where you're wrong, user.

>Yes, but we'd be primarily responsible for maintaining the border, no?
If there was a hard border, yes - but unlike in the past, we'd be enforcing it on behalf of the EU. But we're not at that stage yet so I'm not seeing how that's relevant when we're still at the negotiation phase, unless I misunderstood some aspect of your previous post.

>No need to talk to yourself and point out mistakes nobody else cares about or even notices until you say it.
But people do point them out:

>unless I misunderstood some aspect of your previous post
Probably as you're a big baka. Think the point I was making was that the rest of Europe doesn't care if there is a hard border and bombs going off in the North, only Ireland and Britain do. They care about the negotiations but won't have to live with and manage the result that ensues in the North.
Something along those lines was what I was saying, I think... I'm tired.

>Does it really matter to them if people are being blown up and shot along the border?
I think it would matter quite a lot that one of their member states is in turmoil, especially if it was from an issue they were involved in negotiating. It doesn't reflect well on the organisation at all.
>growing Euroscepticism around Europe
But faith in the EU has increased in all member states since Brexit.
>Does your average Pole care about Ireland?
Depends on their emigration plans.

>They care about the negotiations but won't have to live with and manage the result that ensues in the North
I'm pretty sure having a trade border will affect them.
>pic
Fucking Williamites.

>They care about the negotiations but won't have to live with and manage the result that ensues in the North.
Individual member states may not necessarily care as much as we might about the potential return of terrorism to Ireland (and the UK), but there would be concern at a European level about any rise in terrorism in Europe. Also, considering that terrorism stemming from NI used to be quite infamous in Europe due to a number of high profile attacks in the UK by the IRA, I do think that there would be a sentiment among most Western European countries at least that the stoking tensions in NI should be avoided.

>But faith in the EU has increased in all member states since Brexit.
Significantly. Even in Greece.

>Fucking Williamites
Mari a cute.

>Think the point I was making was that the rest of Europe doesn't care if there is a hard border and bombs going off in the North
I'm pretty sure that people will care,perhaps not as much as you but they surely will not be indifferent on the matter,you ought to put more trust in your fellow EUropeans

>feminist propaganda on RTÉ News

>Mari
>Mary
>Mary II

You're silly user!

>I'm pretty sure that people will care
It's not going to be the Troubles 2.0 or anything like the large scale terrorist attacks experienced in Europe. Also add to the fact that IS terror attacks are aimed at Europe and "the West" whilst these would only occur in Ireland or Britain. Everyone in Europe cares about terror because they are a potential target, they won't in this case.
>you ought to put more trust in your fellow EUropeans
You're right, those people who went around the world colonising and stealing wealth are sure to be very trustworthy and such...
I jest but I'm only ensuring we keep ourselves alert and on our toes, I'm saying we go on Twitter in the morning and tell Tusk to fuck off.

>It's not going to be the Troubles 2.0 or anything like the large scale terrorist attacks experienced in Europe
Can you guarantee that? The way I see it, the risk of terrorism is from the Loyalist or Republican camps depending on the outcome.

>Everyone in Europe cares about terror because they are a potential target, they won't in this case.
It's a concern at a EU-level.

*I'm not saying

Forgot how sad all of you were. Leaving this thread again.

>Can you guarantee that
Well as a supporter of the IRA army council political party, sure why not?
>Loyalist
I mean Republicans would blow up border posts, but what are the Loyalists going to blow up? Docks and boats?
>at a EU-level
Rather than at an average European citizen level?

You missed the big compilation they had at the end of the Six One which mainly consisted of crowds of protesting women holding signs about "toxic" this or that and "misogyny" that or this to the sound of a subpar singer.

>You're silly
Wow rude.
>user!
Wow rude!

>Everyone in Europe cares about terror because they are a potential target
That's frankly not true. I don't see myself being anywhere near a potential attack spot but I still care about those affected by these attacks. Our continental neighbours not giving a shit about any future troubles would be like us not caring about the Paris terror attacks.

>I'm saying we go on Twitter in the morning and tell Tusk to fuck off
You can just post Xavier-esque statements and this will be sure to confuse him
>You're right, those people who went around the world colonising and stealing wealth are sure to be very trustworthy and such...
*Cough*
And also,haven't heard about IS in a while,until they are back I'm sure we can fit in something about bombs in Ireland,to make time go faster

>You can just post Xavier-esque statements and this will be sure to confuse him
I don't understand.

Not sure if this is part of the joke or not desu

>but what are the Loyalists going to blow up? Docks and boats?
Dublin.

>Rather than at an average European citizen level?
Let's be honest; the average person is very local in the concerns.

>You missed the big compilation they had at the end of the Six One which mainly consisted of crowds of protesting women holding signs about "toxic" this or that and "misogyny" that or this to the sound of a subpar singer.
Adding that to the reasons why I don't watch the Six One anymore.

It was me you were talking to about Xavier yesterday, Lux.

*their concerns

I forgot your prime minister was called Xavier and you were talking about his manner of speaking yesterday.

>>but what are the Loyalists going to blow up? Docks and boats?
>Dublin.
Wtf I love the Orange Order now !!

I'm not sure which is more worrying. That you're making so many typos, or that I read your posts without noticing them.

>That you're making so many typos
It makes me irrationally angry. Yet still I refuse to proofread my posts.

>Our continental neighbours not giving a shit about any future troubles would be like us not caring about the Paris terror attacks
I'm not really sure the Troubles and IS bombings are comparable.
One is a senseless loss of life for a political ideology that has no traction in Europe, whilst the other is extremely complex and nuanced politically with everyone doing something wrong and many of the targets not being civilians.
I don't know desu, I'm tired. (This tired excuse is a really good way of getting out of discussions and debates)

>I don't know desu, I'm tired. (This tired excuse is a really good way of getting out of discussions and debates)
Too bad none of us buy it.

Could try deleting the post a minute later and hoping no one noticed.
>I refuse to proofread my posts
If you're noticing these errors after posting then that means you read them, just do that before hitting the post button.

>Could try deleting the post a minute later and hoping no one noticed.
Somebody always notices - even when the thread is dead.

>If you're noticing these errors after posting then that means you read them, just do that before hitting the post button.
Proofreading typically refers to reviewing something before you actually submit it.

>Too bad none of us buy it
It's true though! I can proof it with the ammount of mistake in this post.

>Proofreading typically refers to reviewing something before you actually submit it
I know, I was saying that it's basically the same concept but in a different order.

Oh dear that's a lot of mistakes, you must be quite tired.

Doubt that people will go back to blowing up stuff anyway
>I know, I was saying that it's basically the same concept but in a different order.
But one is usually done via a small quick-reply window making it a bit more difficult IMO

>one is usually done via a small quick-reply window
Hence why it's important to expand the window. I get your point though.

Well lads, another great International Women's Day on /éire/.

And now for a montage of some of the inspiring women we've had on /éire/ over the years to the music of DJ Assault: youtu.be/eu2OYcgr4rM

>normie videos
Am disappoint.

>posting memes from 1990
cmon
youtube.com/watch?v=X3oOQ8XnQWU