Opinions on this show

I'm looking for opinions on the show Rick and Morty for research. I want to know if you like it or dislike and why. Please be respectful and thank you.

I like the show but I pretend I don't and post pickle rick threads for easy (you)s

yes bcuz its a colourful timesink

pretty fricking epic

I like it. First season more than the second. Third season is alright so far. Something to watch while I'm eating dinner.

I don't really understand all the Sup Forums hate for it.

>I don't really understand all the Sup Forums hate for it.

It's popular

This show legit changed my life. A little backstory: I grew up in the middle of nowhere - Hicksville, USA. Trump voting, Bible thumping, homophobic, transphobic, you name it. I always felt like an outcast there: I'm a bonafide Bernie-Sanders supporting, athiest engineering major (because I actually want a job). How did my personality go down with my friends and family while growing up? Yeah, you can imagine. Constant argument, threats of disowning and minimal contact except for the occasional tense phone-call once I got the fuck outta that town.

Then I discovered a show called Rick and Morty. Rick became my low-key hero - the perfect combination of a badass, take-no-bullshit attitude, science and nihilism. I finally saw my background as a Rick growing up among a town of Jerry's. More importantly, Rick taught me the subtle art of Not Giving a Fuck. It's turned my life around. I don't take bullshit from my parents or childhood friends anymore, no longer do I sit in an angry silence when they display their bigotry or ignorance. So I guess all I can say is - WUBALUBADUBDUB!!

It's alright. It's entertaining but I don't understand the memeification of it. I like the show but I don't like the fan base

I like it, because I find it genuinely funny, and the ideas in the show are very fresh. I greatly prefer the second season because they took their ideas farther and for that reason the stories felt more original.

The humour is lol xd random and it thinks it's so much smarter than it actually is. Pretty much Reddit: the tv show.

Dumb people are overly impressed with it and Sup Forums resents all the praise it gets, probably because they never get any praise in their own lives.

It's a funny show but the fanbase is horrible. It mainly consist of self-centered assholes who identify with Rick because they're the type of people who think that they're the smartest person in whatever room they're in. They also meme absolutely everything they can in the show to hell and back. If I don't watch the show for a while I begin to resent it and have to go see it again to remember why I like it.

never seen the show and dont care to. just watching people shit on each other. my favorites.

I enjoyed seasons 1 and 2. So far season 3 feels off. And I don't mean 'hur dur womenz writing muh cartoons'. The characters are all vague shadows of what they used to be. Morty pissing his pants in class? Summer huffing pottery glaze? Ricks best friends getting killed in S2 finale and not not giving a shit? Earth being occupied by aliens but now isn't so everything is back to the way it used to be?

You hate those people be cause you are those people.

>It mainly consist of self-centered assholes who identify with Rick because they're the type of people who think that they're the smartest person in whatever room they're in. They also meme absolutely everything they can in the show to hell and back
Sounds a lot like the average people on Sup Forums. Really makes you think.

If Rick and Morty wasn't as successful Sup Forums and the rest of Sup Forums would love it. Unfortunately RM is too successful to get away with making normies feel clever

I hate the episodes where they do the galaxy tv shows the whole time

why are they being mean to jerry.

Third season isnt going so good, i love the show, i think Dan Harmon should realize this is the best thing he has and try not to fuck it up, like he always does with everything.

>season 3 has been nothing but character development but not character development lmao just kidding guys

I just don't care and you saying that you don't want me to care doesn't change that.

nice pasta, s'new to me

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to "understand" Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

It's the new bazinga show.

___TINY_ RICK!

I once browsed a small website. I was still a newfag when we were raided by redditors - liberal redditors. Torn from my anons I was made to speak their language. With each new post the redditfags changed along with the memes they made me speak. With each WUBALUBDUB - I changed too. My thoughts, personality, How I saw right and wrong... Memes Can Kill

The show is hilarious and creative and overall worth watching.
But holy shit, why the fuck do so many normies have to watch it? They're actually ruining it for me and making me ashamed to watch it.

Reminder

never ever forget that there are people living in America that tconvince themselves shit like this