Caught Amazing Spider-Man on TV earlier

Caught Amazing Spider-Man on TV earlier.

>Garfield a lot better than I remembered as Peter/Spider-Man, great at wisecracking and acting the fool as the latter, genuinely convincing antisocial/asocial loner as the former
>Fantastic chemistry between Garfield and Stone
>Dennis Leary great as Captain Stacy, did the "girlfriend's father is the guy out to get me" rugpull before Homecoming with his character
>Rhys Ifans solid as Curt Connors - sympathetic villain with clear motivations driven by loosening grip on sanity
>Proper white blond chad Flash Thompson who becomes more friendly with Peter as the film progresses
>Web swinging scenes look genuinely better than anything in Homecoming
>Great score by James Horner
>At times excellent cinematography, shot composition, lighting, etc
>Neat alternate take on the classic costume

Could go on, and I know the sequel fucked up severely, but this is actual a solid, well-made, entertaining film that actually looks and functions like a film and not some weird MCU extended TV special. Why is this regarded as worse than Homecoming?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M1lzJuwJD9k?t=2m3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the biggest fuckup with the sequel was the hamfisted mashup of villains. If Spider-Man 3 had never included Venom (which is what Raimi apparently preferred), they could have used Venom as the plot for ASM 2 and it probably would have been a lot better. I don't really agree about Garfield, either. He was a terrible Peter Parker, I felt like I was watching the High School Musical guy with superpowers. And he was kind of a dick as Spider-Man, rather than just wisecracking.

Sometimes movies are better on tv than I saw them in theater. Strange

That's always been the problem with it though, no one really says it's utterly terrible. The reason it's considered bad is because it's just an ok Spidey movie. It has good moments but it doesn't stand out as much as it should've, plot had a lot of loose ends, and the fact that they deleted a million scenes just makes it disapppointing that it couldve been better. But it's pretty good.

Maybe. Who am I to judge?

>tfw total Chad but no social skill

>Uncle Ben dies because Peter didn't get chocolate milk

Fuck this movie.

>ITV2 fag

Nobody ever talks about the sewer sequence. It was legitimately great.

Spider-Man IS supposed to be kind of a dick, though.

the first is like a 5/10

the second is one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

Is Spiderman supposed to fuck with cops and put innocent lives in danger for the sake of quips?

Yes. Peter/Spidey was a huge dick during his first years. The whole original Lee-Ditko-Romita Spidey run is about Peter maturing and becoming little by little less of a dick.

Well then they had a good reason to tone it down in the Raimi films.

Sort of.

People forget that ASM's Spider-Man doesn't actually BECOME the genuine, heroic Spider-Man until he saves that little boy on the bridge. When he talked shit to that cop he was still on his learning curve.

What was stupid about that scene is that he had his name imprinted on his camera.

They were trying to get a cinematic universe going, they were planning to make a sinister six movie.

He disarmed the cop and taunted him with it. That's more than just being a dick.

>genuinely convincing antisocial/asocial loner as the former
peter parker was never an edgy anti social loner skateboarder

he was just a nerd

he was quippy and a bit of a dick to bad guys but he didn't stop to quip when people were about to die

shits retarded in ASM

Learning curve.

>peter parker was never an edgy anti social loner

Read more comics.

And Garfield's Peter wasn't even edgy.

Nah, ASM2 fucked up every character it touched.

>Peter Parker continues to ignore Captain Stacy's dying wish and gets his daughter killed
>Gwen "I LOVE BEING ALIVE" Stacy reduced to a walking literary device and entry level foreshadowing
>EVERYTHING about Harry
>Electro becoming Dubstep Static Shock and hating Spider-Man because he didn't come to his birthday party or some gay shit like that

It had one good moment in the middle where Spidey almost succeeds in talking down Electro, but that's basically it.

Yeah, it's really a shame it ended up bad, because it had tons of good pieces to it.

I liked Garfield's wisecracking a fuck load more than Maguire's.
Emma stone is actually likable.
The suit has the details to show how homemade it really is, yet still looks really good. 2's suit is a good improvement too.

They fucked up with the overall plot for Lizard (ie I wanna turn everyone into dinosaurs). And more importantly, the overall design and final CGI job was fucking terrible. If he's gonna be on screen for a good lot of the movie, do not skimp on the CGI.

Which could've all been fixed in ASM2, but they fucked it up even more. I did like Electro's design, even if he is just another black dude with electric powers. It's a step up from his flower design. Too bad the character himself is a moron.
Some Russian mafia dude becoming the Rhino is a neat idea, but Paul Giamatti? He hammed it up super hard too and it didn't work.
Then Green Goblin, who should've killed Gwen in the third movie, desu. Instead he pops in, does the deed for some reason and peaces out. Peter knows it's him and the dude is fucked up looking now, so where would he even go at that point? The arc is kind of dead on arrival.

>so where would he even go at that point?

Sinister Six.

More like penis curve.

I guess. Who did they have planned to play them, and who played that weird dude talking to Conner in the end?

>Yes, I would like to purchase the special edition that comes with a butt ugly bust of blue Jamie Foxx

Who would ever walk into a store with this intent? Who is the target audience? Who greenlit this?

>Who greenlit this?
Sony.

This, love that scene

but why

>mcu movie takes place in mcu
>REEEE FUCKING COMMERCIAL
TASM 1 is, at best, a 6/10

>Six Spiderman movies in fifteen years, three of them reboots

GEE I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY THE LAST ONE DID SO POORLY.

>sell $4 dollar bust for however much
Sony cares about money to an extent that is an active detriment to their product more than any other movie making company.

>three of them reboots
Is this a new meme designed to infuriate autists like me? The original Raimi movies can't be a reboot faggot.

>last one did so poorly
Homecoming is more profitable than either TASM movies.

They didn't get to the casting phase, but we'd see Doctor Octopus, Mysterio, Kraven, Rhino and Vulture.

Fedora Man was Gustav Fiers, the Gentleman, the loyal enforcer for the Osborn family.

Sony is the same studio that greenlit the emoji movie, at the cost of running out the people who did Hotel Transylvania and Cloudy with a chance of meatbawls (ie, producers wanted to modernize fucking Popeye of all things. Genndy said fuck that and the project went nowhere and was cancelled.)
youtu.be/M1lzJuwJD9k?t=2m3s
here's a link to his test screen.

Why did his leg stop him from reaching the skyscraper without cranes to assist him? Why couldn't he just web sling like spiderman always does? Why did his leg stop hurting him when he was fighting, or actually climbing the skyscraper?

Couldn't wall run on buildings.

But he does just that at the end of the crane scene.

Also, why is there a bullshit "hanging from a skyscaper and the villain redeemed saves peter" scene? Spiderman's most iconic power is not having to worry about falling off of buildings.

Man, Sup Forums revisionism now doesn't even need more than 5 years to pass.