The Wheel of Time

Seems as if Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time series is being made into a television series by Sony.

stop spamming your crappy threads

this will be cancelled after the pilot

I just hope the sranc don't look too fake

shhiieet i laughed

just finished the unholy consult as well.

i think kelhus is an actual god now.

The only thing canceled after the pilot was Seda

Nope, he just got cucked by the god he accidentally turned Cnaiur into before that itself got cucked by little Kel.

RIP

i disagree, he couldnt see kelmomas either and couldnt predict him like everyone else but he is in the outside now. when he was watching the the upside down flame shit he saw himself in hell and he was not being tormented (by ciphrang or ajokli himself). this implies he actually becomes either a ciphrang or a god.

if you remember his words right before he died he said first he mastered the world, then the gnosis and realized that beyond the gnosis lies hell and the outside so his next attempt is to master that as well, leading to his deal with ajokli. with the amount of people that still believe in him i think he has considerable power in the outside now. also one thing i find interesting, ajokli seems to be the only god that can see the no-god (or rather realizes there is an absence where none should be), how come neither he nor kelhus realized kelmomas was a similar type of void?

i think we are being bamboozled by kelhus yet again.

"RIP"

>but he is in the outside now.
Being shitty because he's not there bodily and Dunyain have feeble will/spirit. He fucked up.

>when he was watching the the upside down flame shit he saw himself in hell and he was not being tormented (by ciphrang or ajokli himself). this implies he actually becomes either a ciphrang or a god.
That was Ajokli talking. Kellhus is gradually being possessed through that whole segment like the White Luck Warrior gradually took over Sorweel. The author confirmed it even.

>i think we are being bamboozled by kelhus yet again.
This is what Bakker wants you to think. There's a whole meta thing going on in the narrative where Kellhus is set up as an invincible mary sue by the plot but there are constant hints of his fallibility littered throughout. Now he's completely fucked but most readers will refuse to believe it even after the series inevitably ends without him, an Bakker is laughing because "muh blind to muh blindness"

the pretentious fucker

>how come neither he nor kelhus realized kelmomas was a similar type of void?
Kellhus can't conceive of being wrong about something except in abstract terms. It never even occurred to him that Sorweel was going to kill him and that Kelmomas saw something he could not. Ajokli knows there's something there he's blind to, but that doesn't stop him being blind to it, which is why Cnaiur couldn't take down the No-God after he ascends or whatever despite him recognizing that it's there.

This is now a Prince of Nothing adaptation thread. Get cucked WoTfags.

>no nudity

>maximum um no sweetie

Who cares about nudity when you'll have all these weird fetishes brought to the surface on screen with real life qts

They'll find ways to make all of the damane stuff really tame, and remove all the spanking.

Right, but the series would much more interesting if Kelhus had a plan for a scenario where he is killed before he wins. There is still a lot of unexplained fuckery with the head replacing magic ritual and the head on a pole shit.

I thought about making this exact same post. I decided not to, but it's pretty funny that "you" diverged

Bullshit. Even GoT turned the sex and weird kink up to 11.

>Right, but the series would much more interesting if Kelhus had a plan for a scenario where he is killed before he wins.
I disagree. I think "Kellhus kills god with his postgrad philosophy degree" would be boring.

GoT is on WeAddTitsToEverythingBO. I'd feel safer with Wheel of Time on premium cable.

That just means they'll have to increase the sexually deviant subtext to compensate for the lack of actual nudity.

Everyone assumes the worst about this adaption even though there are very few details. What if it's actually adapted faithfully? No racebending, Tuon is white, all of the BDSM and femdom is included, etc. Would this be popular?

Everything that has happened has happened already.

>What if it's actually adapted faithfully?
Then we'll have an awful show with lots of sexy/cute webms of Elayne taking a bath.

>Tuon
>white
>adapted faithfully

????

Bakker vs Jordan in a duel. Both have prep time. Who wins?

jordan actually killed people before, bakker has not so im giving it to jordan.

Bakker wins because Jordan is dead. If he wasn't, Jordan would destroy him even while dying of amyloidosis since he's a veteran and Citadel graduate and Bakker is a skeletal humanity's major who's never done anything but write books 1,000 times better than WoT.

Seeing as Jordan did 2 tours in Vietnam and Bakker um went backpacking once? I'm going to give this one to Jordan

would you rather get captured by trollocs or sranc

>but write books 1,000 times better than WoT
Except for this part that was an excellent post.

Why even bother with this milquetoast franchise?
Everything about it is so cliche and uninspired.

At least they should go with Elric or something

I always thought setting up the first third of The Eye of the World as a mirror of The Fellowship of the Ring was mildly brilliant given the "Wheel of Time" conceit. Implying that Tolkien's tale is a legend distorted by time, but this is what REALLY happened.

The whole ta'veren thing was a nice hack too, more writers should be original in their quest to be lazy. Rigney is the top hack of all hacks.

>this will be cancelled after the pilot
Fingers fucking crossed

>they'll completely overlook the complex sexism of their society (men have original sin and are feared for their potential to go mad, start wars, and destroy the world. With the women in power not being any better than the men in power in our world) and instead turn it into a Red Ajah's wet dream where all the misandry is deserved and praised
>they'll probably "diversify" the cast even though the Emond's Fielders are supposed to be descended from old Manetheren blood
>they'll fuck up Rand/the Aiel being Irish
>The Power will either end up looking like a CGI clusterfuck or they won't have the budget to use it as frequently as it is in the books
>there's not a chance in hell they can make a worthy adaptation of Dumai's Wells

>a Red Ajah's wet dream where all the misandry is deserved and praised
>they'll fuck up Rand/the Aiel being Irish
Expected and unforgivable

>there's not a chance in hell they can make a worthy adaptation of Dumai's Wells
No one could.
>Hooded 'trained-from-birth' killers attacking a rag-tag compliment of farmers, soldiers, and wolves
>then special-ops teleports into the center of the enemy troops and uses their magic to make a shield+blender contraption out of fucking AIR until all that's left of the enemy is blood soaked dirt
>meanwhile InsaneJesus breaks himself out of captivity, mutilates two witches, and forces the rest of the witches who opposed him to swear complete fealty to him (which they must obey because "muh oath rod")

I like you.

I really don't understand how this place will survive when t comes out.

I don't see how spergs won't go crazy over "overtly and forced feminism " except it's clearly understood it's directly from the source and there is a huge battle of the sexes as part of the frustrating dialog.

I can't wait to see people loose their shit over it, and when assuming it even gets carried long enough to see Dumai wells, feminists are going to loose their shit at the male reaction. It's going to be a cluster fuck. It'll be ruined by retards that can't put a pin in threat shit for five minutes to be entertained

I can't wait for normies to feel like polygamy is being rammed down their throats as if this series it trying to normalize it. Sup Forums is going to have a fun time choosing sides on that one.

Odds on this show actually making it past development hell phase and becoming a real thing?

Sister Wives is kino

this

lold pretty hard

haha heck yeah

Eminem

>Hi my name is Randal Thor and I'm the chosen one!

I give it a pretty high chance actually. 1 in 10 maybe. Sony has a lot of money to throw at a what it thinks is a GoT-killer.

Look

If you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize saidin

In one moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?

>rand climbs a wall
>startled by a noise
>falls on the other side of the wall
>wakes up with a pretty girl looking at him
>I'm Elayne, princess of Andor
>record scratch
>yep
>this is me
>I bet you're wondering how I ended up in this situation

>rand takes a break at a watering hole
>matronly merchant and her guard say hello and join him
>cut to a pile of their heads
>pan to their headless bodies kneeling to him
>record scratch

Hehe

Dear Lewis, I wrote you, but you still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager and my hang-out in Tel'aran'rhiod at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn
You must not've got 'em

There probably was a problem at the white tower or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, fuck it, what's been up, man?
How's Ilyena?
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan, this is Demandred

RE: SONY'S (TM) Wheel of Time (TV Series)

Message Body:

Diversity Primer
-prepared by: Amy Pascal

-Lan is turned black (Idris Elba? is he available?) for the WE WUZ MALKIER N SHEITTTT factor
-Elayne and the rest of House Trakand including Rand are turned black for the YAZZZZZ QUEEEEEN SLAYY factor
-Since both of their respective lovers are black, both Emond's Field women (Egwene and Nynaeve) get BLACKED
-Mat is an asian twink
-Min is an FtM transgender
-Moiraine is also asian (Lucy Liu? is she available?)
-The Aiel are all Muslim

~~*This message has been approved by your Social Justice Kommissar*~~

>mat hanging from a tree
>record scratch

It will be full of diversity. Not interested

>by Sony

Well it was good while it lasted

>GoT killer
>A CGI fest that will attract nowhere near as many respected actors nor have the production quality of an HBO flagship

I'm sorry sony you're headed towards another failure

>Nynaeve gets blacked

I will stop watching TV for the rest of my life if this happens

There needs to be one of those virgin vs Chad pics with Demandred and LTT.

what the fuck is this fidget spinner

Oh I'm under no delusions about this not being a GoT-killer. But the point is that studios are looking for fantasy stories to put out in the wake of GoT while interest in the genre is still hot.

Wheel of Time is such a totally different feel that people who only casually like Thrones will fucking hate it as the type of trash fantasy that they used to look down on.

yeah wheel of time is the most standard fantasy story out there.

>Nynaeve) get BLACKED

-LEAKED SCRIPT-
SONY's (TM) Wheel of Time
Season 1, Ep. 19

Seanchan: Artur Ackbar, we shall righteously slay all of you oath-breakers and claim the lands of our forefathers.

Perrin: We must stop them from reaching the shores. Aes Sedai, I suggest building a wall to keep them out.

Egwene: *gasp* How could you, Perrin? They're people just like you and me! We should be more welcoming to these migrants. If we treat all of them according to the actions of a few, we'd be bigots! #LoveTrumpsHate #LetThemIn #SeanchanLivesMatter

Nynaeve: *tugs braid furiously* Light burn you, woolhead, I'll box you around the ears.

Perrin: *nods respectfully towards her*

>Kneel before the Lord Dragon or you will be knelt.

How will this moment be received by the Yaaaas Qween crowd?

The collective anal clench will be enough to create a new Bore.

>Why women's rights are under attack by a new breed of fantasy TV shows and why that's not okay
> buzzfeed.com

I just want Sean Bean to play Lews Therin.

>Wheel of Time is such a totally different feel that people who only casually like Thrones will fucking hate it as the type of trash fantasy that they used to look down on.

Could you explain? There are high fantasy elements in GoT (like dragons and undead) and nobody complains.

everybody who wants to make a "GoT killer" has to realize that GoT's success has next to nothing to with it being a fantasy as the show spends 98% of its runtime as a high budget, relatively well-written (until the last few seasons) soap opera

>Kneel and swear to the lord dragon

Thrones has managed to capture a pretty diverse crowd of people, including those who rarely read or would never choose to read a fantasy book, along with those who actively avoid fantasy books. If you asked someone who doesn't keep up with the genre to name some fantasy staples they would probably be able to recite word for word the 'farm boy hero who is prophesised to defeat the nameless evil' plot that Wheel of Time basically is at the premise level. GoT and WoT are totally different breeds of fantasy and they will attract different crowds.

It also hit at just the right moment. There was already lots of momentum in the TV industry where some of the best shows ever produced were coming out and audiences were paying more attention to the small screen and looking for the next big hit.

Trying to ride GoT's success is going to suck too because anything that comes next will inevitably be compared to it and there will be those people who think that GoT is the pinnacle of fantasy television for all time and will shit on any attempts.

>soap opera
WoT is gonna be fine then.