This show is seriously trash

This show is seriously trash.

The characters talk and act like aliens and the plot grows increasingly ridiculous, I stopped after 11 episodes. There are a few cleaver moments but aside from those there are no redeeming features.

What is it so crazy popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yexm-CIIzf
youtube.com/watch?v=xFx8Aiu5Sdk
youtube.com/watch?v=d5HT8HoiAHg
youtube.com/watch?v=0LwfAJN3XGc
youtube.com/watch?v=WnOfmp51C94
youtube.com/watch?v=WJW_ldC7sUA
youtube.com/watch?v=SOhrNvjHerc
youtube.com/watch?v=x2pz6YqwOBM
youtube.com/watch?v=D_FQVJU-DZA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no redeeming features

the soundtrack is objectively good

seriously don't reply to this post if you're going to try to refute this

the Intro and credits are good, i''ll give you that

>cleaver

kek

Well-defined characters. Intriguing premise. High stakes. Good reversals. Iconic music. Light speaks human, albeit talks a lot, but he's almost an egotiscal wannabe living god. I'm going to need better criticism out of you to call it trash. By episode 11, the plot isn't even that crazy.

Almost everyone who loved it last watched it as a teenager and only remembers it as the most epic thing ever.

Look up the word "fushoji"

the OP and ED aren't even that special by anime standards

Who was the autistic guy? I don't fucking remember their names. When that guy dies and the story keeps going with, like, his little brother or a clone or something? That was when I quit.

Was that episode 11?

people watch for the clever moments and the overall premise

you think people are trying to find relatable or realistic human beings in anime? ha ha

a show like "monster" is more what you're looking for, although watching it only made me wish it was a tv series instead

no, the soundtrack of death note is very good

youtube.com/watch?v=Yexm-CIIzf
youtube.com/watch?v=xFx8Aiu5Sdk

using the soundtrack to manipulate viewer's emotions is literally the only thing that anime consistently does better than either tv or movies

>you think people are trying to find relatable or realistic human beings in anime? ha ha

They're bad even by anime standards.

you haven't watched much anime then

the characters in death note are one-dimensional, but there is such a thing as zero-dimensional characters, trust me

People don't act like the characters in the anime Monster at all.

I found Light to be a great character.

The show is perfectly interesting for the first half. Light's arrogance is interesting and see him lose it when he gets caught is always entertaining. There is ONE thing that ruined the whole show and that is Near.

L battles Light based on logic and deductions. Sometimes he makes leaps but he acknowledges it's a gamble and that it is mostly to shift the likelihood of Light being Kira. He has a perfectly solid plan to prove Light is Kira is only stopped because of the Deus Ex Machina of the shinigami killing him. Compare this to Near

>With no prior evidence or information on the case decides Kira is someone on the investigation team, likely Light
>Decides that Mikami is the Second Kira because he was seen on TV once supporting Kira. There is zero other evidence to connect Mikami to Light
>Discovers that Mikami is helping Kira because on one day he did one tiny thing different from his normal routine. He had no reason to believe this change in routine meant anything
>In a single night makes a pixel perfect replica of the handwritten Death Note and uses it to prove Light is Kira

Near is the most Mary Sue character in all of anime.

I wouldn't say the shinigami killing him was a Deus Ex Machina, it was Light using Rem's affection for Misa against her by putting Misa in harm's way.

that was ep 26 and on

and it wasn't his brother or a clone, just a kid who came from the same orphanage for gifted kids as he did

Part of me likes it for the way that Light manipulated Rem the way he did to everyone. But the other part of me realizes that the idea of an immortal god of death sacrificing them self for a human is stupid as hell.

>I stopped after 11 episodes

Nice. It gets even worse later and too long.

well people are boring farts that go to starbucks everyday and freeze when faced with new situations, that wouldn't make for a good plot at all

people don't act like walter white either but at least the character was fleshed out

light is literally a non-character

his entire persona is build on the personification of the moral dilemma of the show, the author uses the character practically exclusively to advance plot and discuss the moral dilemma with the audience, he has a couple flaws (pride and arrogance) but that's it

he doesn't evolve throughout the entire show, he kills without ever flinching past episode 1, never shows an inch of regret through the very end, he not for one moment considers giving up, he never entertains the idea that maybe he has already done enough, he doesn't express fear of getting caught, anything

light is not a character, he is just a force that was pushed in a certain direction in a vacuum until it hits a wall

i haven't watched this show for a while but i seem to remember his reasoning for guessing light was on the investigation team was sound. are you sure he had no prior evidence or information?

He had nothing because at that time the Japan team wasn't even aware of Near's team.

he does express fear of getting caught though, just not very often

but you're mostly right

but he's very entertaining and his conviction is somewhat admirable if unrealistic

the moment when he got caught and was desperately trying to justify himself was pretty powerful

L calling out Light on TV was K I N O

>What is it so crazy popular?
Speaking as an oldfag who was reading the manga when it was first being speculated and hardly anyone heard of it, it had a very good first act.
The premise was interesting and the battle of wits between Light and L was a lot of fun, even the bad parts where they were overanalyzing.

A series that has a very promising start and a good premise can go the distance this way, however much the plot and pace suffers later on.

As for its enduring popularity, blame newfags and normies.

yeah I remember he rigged his drawer out of fear of getting caught, maybe that's the extent of it

btw the only good characters in death note are light's father and afro guy

The live action movie actually does a way better job at the story and wrapping it up

>L rights his own name in the Death Note with him dying two weeks later
>Exposes himself to Light
>Light being the arrogant ass he is gloats and reveals everything as he assumes L will die
>Nothing happens because he's already set to die
>L beats Light and dies two weeks later

>using the soundtrack to manipulate viewer's emotions is literally the only thing that anime consistently does better than either tv or movies
I disagree. Anime soundtracks are all very similar.

Light gets rustled by L often. He flinches, but he has a very strong resolve. He's a guy who wants to be god and kind of lives up to it. He's a straight A student who never settled for less than the best. He considers early on that he's a monster, but then realizes the world needs to be cleaned up. He's not a character that needs to evolve. Not all characters do just as some people do not change drastically in life. He has a mission and he follows it.

This is considered one of the best animes. Imagine how shit the rest of anime is.

>This show is seriously trash.

You are right. Pic related did it 200 times better.

there's also the time that chick he got to commit suicide had some information that would have fucked him over (forgot what it was) and he only had like 5 minutes to come up with something

but i remember him inner monologuing and freaking out a bit before telling himself to calm down and come up with a way to kill the cunt, or something like that

can't think of any other times like that though and maybe my memory is faulty

All anime is horrible

Well you can't enjoy anime unless you attune for anime-logic

She was the fiance of the FBI guy he killed and she could have revealed he was following Light. That's probably the most panicked he ever gets in the series and is actually a really good scene.

he's wrong but so are you, anime soundtracks can be varied and have their own distinct styles

even when i was a pleb teen who had barely seen any anime i recognized that the same guy who worked on the DN ost also did the kaiji ost from a couple of tracks

and i'm not a music expert or anything

sounds a lot better than mini-L coming out of nowhere

An orphan, eh?
While I did think he might've been his brother, I was being facetious when I called him a clone; The character was effectively the same and that just the final straw.

it's only considered the best by normies, you don't know anything

No it isn’t

Death Note was babbies first anime for many.
It isn't actually good.

edgier than death note with all around less entertaining characters, worse art style, worse soundtrack

it also isn't comparable to death note at all, you just wanted to shitpost about an anime you like on Sup Forums

>he's a guy who wants to be god and kind of lives up to it
>he's not a character that needs to evolve

that doesn't fly, humans are not like that, and even if that was the case, there would still be a lot of inner struggle to explore, as is the case with real life "very-strong-resolve unchanging monsters" (psychopaths / sociopaths, which he is)

that's why I say he's less of a character and more of an unmoving force

youtube.com/watch?v=d5HT8HoiAHg

Tell me this is bad.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I stopped watching when they thought SNEED was Kira

sure... and all movie soundtrack sounds like hans zimmer

youtube.com/watch?v=0LwfAJN3XGc

God damn, Part 2 had some great music.

>Anime soundtracks are all very similar.
How few anime have you seen that you think this? I'm guessing less than 10.

>edgier than death note
Not really, it's classy edge that makes sense.

>worse art style
lolno

>worse soundtrack
debatable

>it also isn't comparable to death note at all
Same detective vs. charismatic master criminal story.

Except it's actually entertaining and done right. Death Note falls apart after Ls death.

humans are like that, you see that in movies. Like Snow White. She isn't really that different by the end of it. Axel Foley in Beverly Hills Cop, The Man Without a Name in most of his appearances. Most of his internal struggle is dealt with in the first episode. A couple weeks past after he kills the guy with the truck and then Ryuk appears. By then Light is already all the way in on being god of the new world. I don't think there is so much to explore inner struggle wise as Light is killing them in such a detached way that doesn't affect him. he's not pulling a trigger. He's sitting in his room writing down names. It's just like homework.

>classy edge that makes sense

>This is considered one of the best animes
By people who mostly just watch shitty battle shounens or don't otherwise watch anime. In the anime scene having Death Note as your "all time best anime" is like wearing a sign saying "I have seen less than 20 anime and my opinion is worthless".

i like this ending a lot but at least post an actual song from the ost

youtube.com/watch?v=WnOfmp51C94

youtube.com/watch?v=WJW_ldC7sUA

youtube.com/watch?v=SOhrNvjHerc

>Opening and Endings
>Not from the OST

Go fuck yourself.

So you have no taste. Got it.

This

>What is it so crazy popular?

because the demographic for anime is little kids, and little kids have shit taste? also death note is for girls so add even more layers of shit

youtube.com/watch?v=x2pz6YqwOBM

>That guy on the right

What is wrong with his ARM? How fucking long is it?

very

>classy edge that makes sense

most nonsensical thing i've read on this site today

>lolno
psycho pass is much more generic looking and also has more shit cgi

death note's art style is much more recognizable

>Same detective vs. charismatic master criminal story.

that's true, i was focusing too much on the moral aspect of the show when i said they weren't comparable at all

i even liked psycho pass s1 but it's much more forgettable than death note overall, it's rarer to see things from the perspective of the charismatic master criminal

L at least inspires some kind of interest, even if he isn't a good character and has some meme qualities

kogami is just straight up boring

makishima is literally the only memorable character from psycho pass

none of the tracks in psycho pass stand out either apart from that meme opening, if there were a good number of great tracks in it then they were poorly utilized

>humans are like that, you see that in movies.

please

light is an extremely arrogant bitch boi TEEN with a god complex, there are SO MANY ways you could explore his inner struggle, there is no such thing as a human being with unflinching resolve or infinite confidence and on top of it he is a goddamn virgin teen edgelord

the fact that discovering someone with an intellect that matches his (L) doesn't trigger any changes in his personality is telling of how much death note doesn't give a shit about the characters, the show is about the battle of wits after all

how do you know he's a virgin? Light was popular with the ladies

>there is no such thing as a human being with unflinching resolve or infinite confidence

Professional athletes like Tom Brady and Michael Jordan.

>Look up the word "fushoji"
Looked it up.

turns out, it's not a word.

He got it wrong it’s fujoshi

that's the point isn't it

mind stating it again to make sure reddit gets it?

Give me 3-5 good animes that will make me consider anime as an actual medium.

he's too autistic

no, not even at the top of their careers, if stage fright is one of those things that never goes away, with sports playing a final it must be like that 100x

The fuck are you rambling about

You are so mature. Good luck Monday at school and see you next summer!

>All of Miyazaki's movies
>Ghost in the Shell series
>LoTGH
>Char's Counterattack
>Jin-Rou

Kara no Kyoukai films are fairly kino

yojouhan shinwa taikei
nhk ni youkoso!
ping pong the animation
sakamichi no apollon
shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu

Powerpuff girls remake
Marvel anime

>Mushishi is great but very slow
>it's not slow at all
Do anime fans all have ADHD?

tv shows,
>cowboy bebop
>gurren lagann
>planetes

movies,
>mind game
>tekkinkinkreet
>nausicaa of the valley of the wind
>spirited away
>millennium actress

hardly into anime but of those i've seen these are what i liked most

All of these except Welcome to the NHK.

people who say that are just too used to watching shit like AoT, OPM, Boku no hero etc, constant action

People don't act like a majority of people in Lynch films. Guess their bad.

>mfw ''I love L, but I hate Near''

>fucking retard posting Psycho-Pass likes it's better and more intellectual when it's just as dumb and overrated as Death Note
get on my level, you fucking pleb.

Anime sucks.

near finding that obsessed guy who was helping light out of all of those other people was complete bullshit

it's a god tier anime

but it wasn't, stay mad L fag

It's better than 99% of western TV shows

>being this contrarian

it was a complete O MY RUBBER NEN asspull, i dare you to justify it

Gimme something better, then. An anime more gripping from the get go, with the same level of intrigue and clever writing.

So tell me, what evidence did Near use to determine that Mikami was the second L.

you're too old to get into anime now
don't bother :)

kaiji is a must watch

doesn't have the same level of intrigue and it isn't comparable apart from the fact that it's suspenseful, but certainly very gripping if you come to care for the main character

same composer (well one of them) as the DN composer

best anime MC of all time

if you aren't a chad/redditor this anime should resonate with you although it can be incredibly melodramatic and over the top

>Watching garbage
OP here ya go.

Sup Forums is for loli and moe only

>mushishi
>tatami galaxy
>ping pong

This guy is correct.

They'll literally be like "This character is supposed to have X type of personality, you know the one everyone, so we're not going to delve very much into it at all" and that's that.

This is what anime is now.

>listening to death note soundtracks again think how it would be if i had it or atleast be so smart and wicked like Light

youtube.com/watch?v=D_FQVJU-DZA

Both seasons are shit Kys