When you hear words like honesty and authenticity, which filmmaker's name first comes to mind? I mean...

When you hear words like honesty and authenticity, which filmmaker's name first comes to mind? I mean, when you watch a movie have that deep and solid feeling that the guy truly belives in what he's showing you, that he doesn't do it for popular success, money, or just to please you like a whore?

The more I age the less I care about other things than the director to not lie to me. I think I movie can be excruciatingly bad on many levels, but still manage to get all my attention, excitement, and sympathy by being a painfully honest confession about the artist's worldview. DAE?

>pic related

Sam Peckinpah
Terry Gilliam

Ozu

gg no re

Michal Bay, he just honestly wants your money authentically

This guy has now directed 3 bad movies about fucking jazz, so I guess he's pretty much authentically autistic.

Unironically George Lucas.

Naomi watts was built to suck dick

Arronofsky, Linklater, Shane Carruth

Must run in the family

This. I thank him for making the Phantom Menace that was nothing like Star Wars 77. If only more directors were like him so we wouldn't get generic shit like Force Awakens.

All these years I still have no idea why Phantom Menace gets hate apart from Jar Jar (and even then before I browsed the internet I had NOTHING wrong with Jar Jar. Even some of the scenes that people keep making fun of I never thought of and I watched the movie tons of times but like I said, as soon as I found a youtube video with Phantom Menace in 5 seconds was the first time EVER I found out people actually made fun of Jar Jar and it surprised me).

Steve McQueen

>That 5 minute scene in Hunger where some janitor mops up an entire hallway and it is done in 1 camera take

>That 10 minute 1 camera take scene with Fassbender talking

Manchild

fuck lynch for making me want a Naomi Watts gf

Agreed on this one, but the guy kind lost half a spar with 12 Years. Hunger and Shame are brutally honest.

>I have shit taste and see nothing wrong with this bad movie, why do you guys criticize it?
It's not even worth bringing up any points because you're obviously just biased in favor of the movie for whatever reasons

>but the guy kind lost half a spar with 12 Years
eh I guess you are right. It didn't feel as artistic as the first 2 movies he made. He's making another movie with Liam Neeson this time so maybe that may be a return to his roots.

Wrong, she was built to have her nipples caressed, sucked, pinched, gently licked etc etc

Bertolucci
/thread

>DAE?
Go back to reddït

When I hear words like honesty and authenticity in regards to filmmakers, I instantly think the person using them is an enormous teat and disregard their opinion about anything.

You're probably of the kind who watches all the new capeshit releases.

lynch yes simply because he jhihuoohuguguug

Literally what. Had a stroke there, pal?

He got LYNCHED

Jess Franco. Dude just loved making movies for the sake of it and didn't give a single fuck.

Nicolas Winding Refn. watch the Pusher trilogy.

Shane Carruth
Sam Raimi
Lynch
Forman

These also

The one and only, Stanley fucking Kubrick.

Rossellini
Truffaut
Charlie Chaplin
Mike White

underrated

Robert Altman is my man