Okay first time I saw this I really enjoyed it but second time made me realize how much better this could have been...

Okay first time I saw this I really enjoyed it but second time made me realize how much better this could have been. The deleted scenes on the blu ray should have all been included in (why the fuck they took out that scene with that kid holding the Wolverine toy and chatting to Logan?? Also they should have had that kid put the Wolverine toy on Logan's grave instead of walking off with it. What a missed opportunity).

This movie, let's be honest, it wasn't very good. I'd watch Origins or Wolverine in Japan anytime over this.

>Also they should have had that kid put the Wolverine toy on Logan's grave instead of walking off with it.
Why get rid of the last memento of his hero who just helped saved his life. You're right though, that conversation should have stayed, if even to acknowledge Victor in some way.

>I'd watch Origins or Wolverine in Japan anytime over this.
Believe it or not I still haven't seen Origins but The Wolverine is without a doubt a better movie than Logan

I didn't like that conversation, the references to previous movies being kept minimal made the film better

Aside from them butchering deadpool, and wolverines weird CGI claws origins is pretty good

All three of them are pretty good movies that absolutely shit the bed in the final act. The early portion of The Wolverine is some of the best capeshit going. Really makes me hope Jackman does some 70s style crime thrillers as he gets older.

Origins went to shit right after first act.

Movie of the year.

This movie shat the bed in the third act. Dafne was cute throughout.

This girl was awful, essex corp was shit, Draco Malfoy was shitty villain, instead of proper apocalyptic world we got Logan fighting spics and mercs and bonding with kids.

This movie just played the "muh emotions" card. Not to mention the awful trope "it's you but stronger!" sunday cartoon villain.

I disagree.

I understand

Thank you for your understanding.

Ladies and gentlemen of you've recently found Sup Forums and are wondering what type of community and tastes people here have, let this thread be a shinning example of the shit taste and horrible insights into films they have. You will not find any type of intellectual discussion on filmmaking here, in fact most of what is posted here is merely trolls trolling trolls. So please, move in to a better more insightful website to discuss films.

Thank you for not refuting my opinion.

STOP TALKING ABOUT SHITTING IN BEDS.

>So please, move in to a better more insightful website to discuss films.
Such as?

Reddit actually, all memes aside.

Go on Reddit then

Pfft, no.

I agree with all of these points.

I love this

I disagree completely.
The wolverine toy on the grave is just too much sauce in what is already a soggy scene. Laura simply tilting the cross into an "X" was the best ending any fox x-men film has ever gotten by a longshot.

Millar's original Old Man Logan comic was shit, and like almost every Millar adaptation, the movie was objectively better in every regard.

this movie had such a shitty political anti rhetoric
hurr durr smuggling the little mexican girl across the border hurr

I don't think Logan is an adaptation of Old Man Logan at all. The only similarities are that everybody is dead and Logan is old.

I just watched Logan yesterday and I couldn't help but notice how it was an allegory for the current situation in America.

>people of non-white ethnicities ("muties") being rounded up (and deported) for being different
>literally have to run across the border to Canada to escape the totalitarian regime of America
>American government thinks they know what's best for the country and literally poisons our food to ensure the extermination of anyone "different"

This movie was perfectly timed considering the current political climate.

>We have to move to Canada to get away from Donald!
It was a little too on the nose desu

amazed anyone enjoyed this turd at all
literally Mad Max: Thudera Road all over again

also the scene with "muh peaceful black familiy" dude that goes with logan to sort out the water or electricity or w/e it was and those guys coming over with a bit of tension building up there
i was almost expecting one the guys to call him nigger and even tho no one did, i noticed how it was heavily implied
fuck this movie

my bad, didnt mean you
meant for

It's just another flavor of the week capeshit.

Sure it did some things different then others so people flock to it.

it's a decent movie but overhyped for sure.

That's why people are still talking about it eight months later.

Please do define what you mean by you people and the flick was released in march.

a few autists still make daily MoS and BvS thread so I don't see your point

Blacks.

the problem with this movie is that Logan dies, which doesnt make sense, since hes immortal, his feats literally includes regeneration from single cell. Some metal poisoning him is less effect than fucking bullet pearsing his brain, also his clone dieing to shot to the brain, really? ok it pearced his skull, but that doesnt do shit, he should easily regenerate.

Basically this movie only makes sense if you forget how actually strong Logan is.

It very clearly takes some plot structure, but flips a lot of it on its head.
>Logan's implied to have killed the X-Men early on until it's revealed to be Xavier
>Las Vegas has father daughter bonding scenes and not old Hawkeye finding out his daughter's an evil bitch
>OML ends with Logan riding off into the sunset Clint Eastwood style after his family dies
>Logan ends with Logan dying and forging a relationship with his daughter right before the end
That's just off the top of my head.

Logan is constantly fighting off Adamantium Poisoning, and while his healing factor is OP, even current Wolverine (or any of his clones/kids) can be killed by drowning in a fucking puddle.

he can regenerate whole body portions in a instant, you really think some poisoning is a big fucking deal? It should have technically no effect on him, since his body regenerates clean healthy tissue, no weak ass shit.

Basically poisoning doesnt make sense, since it either have huge effect since day1 or it doesnt, and obviously it didnt have effect since day 1. So why should it have any effect now?

They are trying to imply his healing factor is reduced? But why? Why now? Literally makes no sense, judging how Logan power works.

The problem isn't that he dies but that the way he dies is so anticlimactically handled. All that and he dies because his clone slowly drags him and impales him on a thing. I thought it was going to be a sad ending that made me cry like GotG2 did, but you barely have any time to feel sad about it.

Directly from marvel

Wolverine’s natural healing also affords him virtual immunity to poisons and most drugs, as well as an enhanced resistance to diseases. For example, it is nearly impossible for him to become intoxicated from drinking alcohol. He also has a limited immunity to the fatigue poisons generated by bodily activity, and hence he has greater endurance than an ordinary human. His agility and reflexes are similarly enhanced.In addition, Wolverine’s healing factor provides him with an extended lifespan by slowing the effects of the aging process. Although over a century old, Wolverine is as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime.

>They are trying to imply his healing factor is reduced? But why? Why now? Literally makes no sense, judging how Logan power works.
Age and whatever led to mutants not being born (food poisoning?) crippled his regeneration thus allowing adamantium to gradually kill him.

He is immune to poison, directly from marvel.

>They are trying to imply his healing factor is reduced? But why? Why now? Literally makes no sense, judging how Logan power works.
Not the person you're talking to but they implied that everyone, including Logan and Charles, were poisoned by the corn syrup that the government put in the food. That's why Charles' mind deteriorated and Logan's healing factor was weakened.

Logan is immune to poison
This is alternative universe were Logan is a huge ass chump if you ask me

The most unrealistic thing was the black farmer. Only 2% of American farmers are black. 1% of US rural land is black-owned.

This movie went to shit the moment the clone appeared.

Give me a fuckig break

>This movie went to shit the moment the clone appeared.
this

the adamantium itself has ALWAYS been poisoning him
He can recover from poison but he isn't immune to it, he was dying of adamantium poisoning in the latest comics before he literally drowned/asphyxiated after being covered in the stuff

comics went to shit, i remember when wolwerine was though and wasnt afraid of anything, he literally fighted of fucking hulk, i guess they need new women-wolverine and a nigger-wolverine.
Did the nigger-wolverine got introduces yet?

>the adamantium itself has ALWAYS been poisoning him
I know this. However, his regeneration kept that in check.

>Muh peacefull wholesome blacks

Fucking movie went chill scifi bull shit with that. Guess diversity andsocial narrative matter more than suspension of disbelief.

I thought the movie was just okay. Nowhere near the heights of Spidey 2 or Dark Knight.

They took the scene out it because it would have mitigated the surprise of seeing the action figure of Wolverine at the very end.