World War I

Why no WW1 kinos?
It seems like the perfect setting. From heroic knights like the red baron to classic navy battles in Skagerrak, the submarine war, the trenches, the horrors, the more traditional eastern front, the war euphory of the early months compared to the hunger crisis of the latter, the high point of aristocratic setting and the immediate moving to the industrious society by it, monarchism and democracy, the christmas peace, the exotic colonial places, the dolchstoß against the undefeated German troops ...

Man I could go on for hours just mentioning topics. So why no movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Jewish_military_personnel_of_World_War_I
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj3n02CQJiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Please, continue. They're interesting

Americans cant be forced to be heroes in WW1. WW1 is more of technology field testing among european countries than war.

oh angelo

>the dolchstoß against the undefeated German troops ...

Americans I guess. Struggling to think of many ww1 movies myself.

>Muh stab in the back

>Civilian population starving to death and tired of the war
>Army being beaten all over the Western Front by combined French, Commonwealth, and American might
>Le Jews did this :(

Undefeated German troops was such a meme.

>w-we weren't all d-dead so u-und-defeated!

Had the war not ended, they would have been. Starved to death. It'd have taken a couple of years, maybe, but even if the Allies never fired a gun in offence again Germans would have lost.

They could do one about the Germans, the enjoyment of the first, talk about the politics of it all (how every nations involved head of state was related). How the Germans got slowed down by the Belgians despite not expecting them to defend themselves. The shock of Britain entering the war to honour the defence of Belgium. The early victories and eventual defeats and the rush to the sea. Follow the major events, the aircraft development, tanks and eventually 1918 where all the Germans are starving or out of ammo and fuel. With their ports blockaded and the Allies essentially free to reinforce and resupply, have the friend(s) and protag have different views. Some say it's over and they want to go home and their families are starving and they're starving. Have one say to defend until death and the last bullet. Have one say should go for an all out attack, one final push that will crush the moral of the allies and make more favourable treaty stuff when the Germans initiate it saying 'oh what a loss of life, we truly see now, peace?'. Have them argue until the message comes through they're doing a massive final attack. Have one die. Have the others say it was never going to work and the Allies were happy to defend and absorb the losses if they dealt them back.

Ya called, Rosbif?

because it's the "literally who" of world wars

Forgot one thing about chad,he can endure years of bombardment without even disturbing his nap

LITERALLY JUST WATCH "ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT" IN GERMAN WITH SUBTITLES YOU FUCKING DIMWIT !
IT IS THE WAR KINO FROM WHICH ALL ANTI-WAR-KINOS ORIGINATED AND IT STILL OUTCLASSES ALL OF THEM BY A LONG SHOT.

Again thanks to burgers and their education

Galipoli was pretty great.
Its got a really young Mel Gibson and a few other notable names.
They're message runners in the WW1 trenches, sprinting from one foxhole to another while getting shot at. Pretty neat stuff.

>ITT everything but the obvious...
Because jewish hollywood has no possible way to victimize himself with this one. It was only european goys that died in the tranches, not interesting.

What they can do though is rewrite it with liberal capeshit fantasy, like WW.

passchendaele for wwi leaf edition

came here to post this

your absolutely right OP. there are no movies set in WWI let alone good ones. i just wish there was some kind of movie set during the great war time period that had great success and is consider one of the greatest films ever made, but i'll guess that'll never be...

pic unrelated

>Haha don't be so silly ano-

While the events of that game are bogus, there WERE black american soldiers in World War 1.

People are ragin because they are too many

> It was only european goys that died in the tranches, not interesting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Jewish_military_personnel_of_World_War_I

we need more dead krauts

Imagine being a producer trying to make a WW1 summer blockbuster.

How do you make clear cut good guys and bad guys?
How do you have a Heroes Journey when the hero spends 9/10 of their time waiting/digging in a muddy trench, slowly dying from foot rot, insanity from constantly dropping shells, etc?
How do you make sure it's diverse? Where do you put women and PoC?
How do you deal with the fact that white Christians found common ground during Christmas? That sounds dangerously close to celebrating European culture and making Christians sympathetic
What sort of merchandise can you sell for it?
How do you keep a consistent tone of bravery against despair, brother against brother, and the horror that was the European battlefield while still making sure you have trailer-ready quips?

It just can't be done in 2017.

nolan just did

hi you bunch of idiots welcome to watching movies. are you all underage or what
>lawrence of arabia
>paths of glory
>doctor zhivago
>a very long engagement
>all quiet on the western front
>the fighting 69th
>sergeant york
>the wind that shakes the barley
>gallipoli
>testament of youth
>a farewell to arms
>legends of the fall
>the white ribbon
>joyeux noel
>passchendaele
>la grande guerra
>aces high
>wings
it's even in wonder woman. all of these movies are excellent. get to work i guess

>No good WW1 films

>Lawrence of Arabia
>Paths of Glory

Two of the most highly regarded films of their age

And for the air combat stuff you have 'The Blue Max' and 'Aces High' that are very watchable

> It seems like the perfect setting

What's interesting about millions of men squatting in muddy trenches before zerg rushing into the teeth and machine gun and artillery fire over and over again?

That makes for a shitty movie and the naval war in WWI was even more boring and while the air war is kinda interesting, there’s not much there either.

dunkirk is wwii you unbelievable retard

Be cause the kikes can't play the victims again to get their holohoaxbux

no shit ??

what does it change you mongoloid ? he did a war movie without any diversity

>the white ribbon

Not really a WWI film.

>Imagine being a producer trying to make a WWI summer blockbuster.
>nolan just did
just be more clear next time user

ok, copy that, pre-wwi. there are many more movies on that list

This is as if every producer is steven spielberg.
Nolan made an empty visceral experience, there's still infinite possibilities of artistic/plot devices that can be used for a ww1 movie.

Think thin red line.

just wanted to express my support for you, user

Why would you want a WW1 movie to be a summer blockbuster anyway?

>a farewell to arms

Shit WW1 movies general?

>he did a war movie without any diversity
you mean OVERT diversity, you can see one or two black french troops in like one scene. how long is he supposed to pan and focus on them, 30 seconds, a minute, 5 minutes?

I wouldn't, but you need to make it one to have the budget for the masses of people needed.

Saw Beneath Hill 60 yesterday. It was pretty good, showing almost unknown part of WWI

i'm not sure exactly why but cheers mate

you forgot the chad's glorious singing

youtube.com/watch?v=Bj3n02CQJiU

Your dunkirk review. Loud and soulless