If most of your chilldhood shows or movies were released before 2007 but after 1990, you're a Millennial...

If most of your chilldhood shows or movies were released before 2007 but after 1990, you're a Millennial. If most of your childhood shows/movies were released in 2007 or after, you're Gen Z.

2007 was when everything truly went to shit due to iPhones, social media, kids stopped playing outside, Justin Bieber, NSA began spying on Internet via PRISM, Chowder, rise of Reddit, rise of Facebook, rise of Twitter, Moe Boom, Flapjack, Big Bang Theory, iCarly, Recession began in December, Out of Jimmy's Head, Obama, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI
youtube.com/watch?v=B_qwUS8Uqjg
youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU
youtube.com/watch?v=94KFjuWMOSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DBe5vwNkgCU
youtube.com/watch?v=D1o7db95gwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you where a child (5-7) in 2007 (10 years ago) you are literally underage and should jus GEDDEUT

So the poi t of this thread is?

Siri isn't giving me any answers.

I still don't know what generation I'm part of. Born in 1980 btw.

Gen X obvious why wouldn't you know

Gen Z here
what up everybody AMA

Flapjack is good, though? Better than Rick & Morty.

Are your women more or less slutty than the millenials?

unfortunately, if you were born after 1980 you're technically considered part of the "millennial" generation

for everyone's sake on this website, i hope we fit that category. if you're in or approaching your 40s and browsing Sup Forums, i feel really, really sorry for you.
i'm in my 30s :(

You think I'd be on Sup Forums if I'd ever been with a woman? But I'm going to go with sluttier.

how accurate is this to you, Sup Forums?

yawn

And what's the point exactly? What does it matter which retarded birth-period label fits who?
At least this isn't yet another game of aids thread.

>Tavi Gevinson
literally the first time I've ever seen that name, this person is some big deal?

2/3rds is bullshit.

>born 1980-1995
>first gadget: iPod
It's not remotely accurate to anyone

how is someone born 1980 going to have the same generational experience as someone born in 1995? its literally a 15 year difference

live by the sneed, die by the feed

this guy btfo's millennials
youtube.com/watch?v=hLpE1Pa8vvI

>everyone is american

According to most institutions, you are among the first batch of Millennials.

>born in the 1980s
>first gadget: iPod

I'm born in 1992 and I have a number of cousins who were born in the early 1980s.

We're all technically speaking "millennials" and are within our family all part of the same linear generation, but we have had completely different pop cultural experiences such that I think they more resemble Generation X than Millennials.

There are people born at different portions of the same generation. Even a 5-year difference will have different experiences.

That's just how it is and you're going to have to accept it.

Very wrong. Gen Z begins in 2000. Millennials end in 1999 -- before the turn of the Millennium. Get it? Millennium, Millennial. Last generation born prior to the turn of the Millennium.

What is it with Millennials being such a self-hating generation that they go through the trouble of trying to distort the years of their generation to exclude parts of it they dislike?

If you're 17 and under, you're Gen Z, and also shouldn't be posting.

Seems to be a lot more angry lesbians that like getting into fights and talking about it

97 user here. The Gen Z/Mlilennial distinction is a meme. We're both equally as cancerous and the idea that we're more conservative just isn't true. Millennials I think might be more self righteous, but that's where it ends.

whoever made this image has literally never met anyone born between 1980 and 1995

my first "gadget" was a walkman bought in the late 80s

fuck off I'm Gen Z and proud
t. 1999

>social media, kids stopped playing outside

can't tell whether you're older or younger than what you're trying to represent yourself, since neither of those are remotely true

>defining yourself by the media you consume

You are retarded to think that a specific year is when everything went to shit. You just got old.

1997 was the beginning of cultural decline in the West

lol
accurate

no 1776 was

Gen Y ranges from about '80 to '91.

2005 IS WHEN SJWS STARTED GETTING UPPITY

IT BEGAN IN THE UNIVERSITIES

I'm 40 and you're here forever

they started pushing nigger-hop and reality shows in 1776?

I was born in 86 and my first gadget was pic related. I also had a tape player for some time.

born in 87 here

that image is retarded

social networking: ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger, Myspace

gadgets: first gen Gameboy, PlayStation, N64 goldeneye

music: Britney spears, Eminem, limp bizkit etc..

clothes: jenco jeans, Abercrombie and fitch

9/10
user speaks the thruthbased words

this

>Abercrombie and fitch
I always think of that fucking "Summer Girls" song

86-89 best year

84 oldfag here. 1998-2006 internet was our equivalent of counter culture. corporations were still embarrassingly groping at how to exist on it and the ultimate sin was to come across as self promoting or professional. everything was a goof.

it was a sea of smart people finding new and clever ways to be retarded. the actual opposite of what it is today.

thought of some more:
"Are you afraid of the dark", "rugrats"
TRL w/ music
POGS, tamagotchis

>MUH GENERATIONS
do the needful and kill yourself if you subscribe to this bollocks.

gen Xs are still born in eastern europe

this
a early millennials and late millennials are not the same thing, an early millennial started with a cd player of some sort of block cell phone, a late millennial had an ipod and a flip phone

I sometimes feel like the older people who decide on the ranges for generations don't understand this. The 90's were wildly different time to grow up in from let's say 2004 to present.

My childhood shows were the original Smurfs, Snorks, G.I. Joe, and He-man. I saw Han shoot Greedo in the original theater showing and Greedo didn't even shoot and I thought Han was a bad guy because of that.

First post best post

This generation obsession is annoying, as if we're all the same fucking person.

Looks like bullshit.

Hell no. I was born in 1980 and I had a beeper.

You're a Xennial. Born between the reléase of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Enjoy your midlife crisis.

Generations are bullshit. One's generation starts between the day you were born until the day you die. Screw generation of groups which year were born.

My TV Icon is Will Smith
My Music is Will Smith
My social media is shit posting on Sup Forums
I don't have a web star
I don't have an influence
I don't shop by brand
My first gadget was a Game Boy Brick followed by a Walkman

>If most of your chilldhood shows or movies were released before 2007 but after 1990
Half is 80s stuff (TMNT, Saint Seiya, Kissyfur, Ducktales, Thundercats and Silverhawks, etc...) the other half is 90s (Rugrats, Rem and Stimpy, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, and some Carton networl shit).

So what the hell am I?

Do you know what a cassette player is?

Like, did you actually purchase tapes, operate a cassette player on a regular basis?

I was into most of that too and was born in 92

There's this technological leap where anyone born around 95 will only have a vague understanding of the tech we had to deal with. I find it hard to lump anyone before that leap in the same generation as those born after it, and this image does a fucking stupid job of doing that.

Yes, bought 2 cassete tapes 1 of the Cranberries and 1 of an italian singer, I had like 4-5 walkmans

fuck yeah they are.
they grew up with tinder.

yeah i went threw two walkmans and a couple of discmans before the ipod came around

mixtapes were actually pretty cool. it's not just a meme. it's how i found out about a lot of shit from friends.

>cranberries tape

sounds about like me. you're an early millenial.

What if all of my childhood tv shows were released before 1990?

You post this shit on Sup Forums too. Stop.

I was born in '97. My first gadget was a portable CD player.
The only social media I use at all is Facebook, but not often and only as an address book/easy way to reach out to people that aren't family or close friends.
Lorde is okay I guess, but I don't care for a lot of Top 40 pop music in general.
I watch a few philosophers on youtube and follow some blogs.
I don't care about style or clothes much to be honest. As long as it fits comfortably.

What a lovely thread! Belittling millennials is my second favourite hobby. (And that image is just plain wrong: millennials were born from 1990 onwards.)

TV-Icon: Fox Mulder, X-Files
Music: Madonna's dancepop era (Ray of Light - Confessions...)
Social media: Internet Relay Chat
Webstar: Maddox
Style influencer: The Backstreet Boys
Clothes: Hot Topic (Maybe? Didn't have this in our country, tho.)
First gadget: A Gameboy

Who fucking cares

>i decide when millenials started existing
kys

Aww, did I hurt your millennial feelings? :(

Don't worry, I bet Leafy will have some nice content for you to watch. Now, hurry along, ub&.

I honestly really don't understand the mark of deliniation for Generation X and Millenials.

I was born in 1985, I spent a good part of my childhood watching stuff like Beavis and Butthead. I graduated highschool before smartphones and social media became ubiquitous.

Why am I not part of Generation X? It just doesn't make sense to me.

cringe

>when you waited all day listening a radio station waiting for your fav song to start playing, and when you finally recorded in your mixtape a fucking comercial popped out of nowhere 7 seconds before the song even finished.

does anyone have that image of all the stuff that ended in 2007?

I think the whole concept was thought up by someone who didn't really give it much thought. They didn't graps how much the Internet and cellphones play a part here. I mean, those changed EVERYTHING. That's why the generational gap (between gen x and millennials) is much smaller than what was between the previous generations.

>tv icon
I don't watch tv series, watched simpsons when I was a kid so Sneed I guess.
>Music
Elliot Goldenthal, John Williams.
>Social media
Sup Forums, Youtube but no account.
>web star
fuck e-celebs but Ralphthemoviemaker is satisfactory reviewer and I like his mostly objective style of judging. Not devoid of good humor.
>style influencer
I just wear clothes, hoodie and jeans, whatever works.
>Clothes
Local Big W for that.
>first gadget
Parents got me some shitty music player fucking years ago. Already had about two songs when I got it,

youtube.com/watch?v=B_qwUS8Uqjg Some shitty weeb song I never listened to
youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU I get the feeling this was one of my first boners. Not sure.

>Elliot Goldenthal

good taste

Thank you.
Personally, regardless of what you think of the films, the score he composed for Batman forever and Alien 3 are some of my personal favourites.

youtube.com/watch?v=94KFjuWMOSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DBe5vwNkgCU
youtube.com/watch?v=D1o7db95gwY