>Be me, Edge's roommate
>2022
>Walk in to his room to ask him something
>He turns around
>A half-eaten picture of Paul Mcgann is sticking out of his mouth
>"I had to do it! I promised someone on Sup Forums 5 years ago I would!"

Well if you've been here for four years already it's not too much of a stretch

...good point

>go on ANY video uploaded by the OFFICIAL. DOCTOR WHO. YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
>the top rated comments are "Doctor Who was only good from 2005-2009", "RTD > Moffat", "Capaldi is a shit Doctor", "David Tennant and RTD need to return"

Well, I just finished the Green Death and man that's some good /WHO/ if I say so myself. Though I'm not sure on the entire matter of Jo and Clifford keeping it together, though it does seem plausible. Anyone else really enjoy this serial?

What's /who/ with you lot?

Currently listening to "The Conquest of Far".
Is it bad that I've learned to spot Briggs clichés before they even appear in the story?

I'm falling asleep a t m
if i see briggs wrote a story i always prime myself for muh particles
what cliches are you spotting

I've yet to start up on Big Finish stuff, but what would be BRIGGS Cliche's?

imagine travelling back in time to 71 and showing pertwee and manning this
how would they react

these cheeky bastards

Doctor Who is dead.

Pertwee could be honored that people want more of his character 46 years later.

This reminds me, I read a handbook about Colin's era written in the early 90's today, and he sounded miserable, sad that he never got a great story, that he did so little and the his character was wasted. At one point he says somehting like "if someone had taken the part in 1984 and I got to it after him, I would still be playing the part today".
I'm rambling a bit but my point is that he would have loved to see what BF would do to his character at this point in this life, it definitively made him happier.

BIG BROADCHURCH S3E7 SPOILERS

Finished 3x7. Characterwork is amazing, I especially like picrelated. I think writing for her the great and the actress is just superb. Beth (aka our new Doctor) gives a very strong speech in this episode. She's cool. The lights speech at the end with the women in the streets is just beautiful. Really beautiful. It has soul in it. I'm looking forward to moments like that in the future of Doctor Who. Inspiring and moving. The only bad thing about series so far is that I'm not really intrigued who's the rapist. We have tons of suspects and we still can't figure it out even remotely close, I hope for a genius revelation tomorrow, but I doubt that he'll pull it off. Let's see. AND I REALLY WANT PIC RELATED AS A COMPANION. WOULD BE REFRESHING AND JUST GREAT.

>what cliches are you spotting
In episode 1, the Doctor falls into a hole in the ground, and the first thing I thought was "I bet he's going to run into some kind of survivor/slave of the Daleks and he'll help him defeat the Daleks". And sure enough...
No particles this time though.

>Doctor arrives on a Dalek-conquered world (you can substitute another monster for the Daleks, in "The Isos Network" it was the Cybermen)
>Doctor has to penetrate into the Dalek base
>there are rebels fighting the Daleks
>there's someone involved who thinks he can work together with the Daleks, the Doctor warns them that they can't and sure enough they doesn't listen and get exterminated
>there's a bunch of soldier who are there to defeat the Daleks
>there's someone who has to work for the Daleks against their own will in order to help the slaves
>there's a lone survivor/rebel slave who helps the Doctor
>there's a big transmitter or otherwise important Big Thing that has to be destroyed
>magical particles are involved somehow

DUDE RETROGENERATOR PARTICLES LMAO

if you could go show the depressed colin of then Jubilee, he'd probably cry with joy. BF didnt just get him good stories, but some of the very best. god he was wasted on tv. such a shame.

i feel like your feelings about the rapist mystery may be what chibnall wanted t b h, i think youre meant to just feel kind of overwhelmed and shitty and tired of it, the rape mystery isnt some glamorous case, but something all too pedestrian and base.
really interested to hear your thoughts on the finale when you get to it. i agree that the work on ur pic character was very strong.

if you took a shot every time that was said in dark eyes, youd be dead

kek maybe you have some retrogenitor particles of your own and can see further into the timestream

I like how you can easily follow Neo getting sleepy by how his posts get steadily messier and sloppier.

Edge my dear Edge you must fry. Fry, Edge, fry!

its intersting think how pretty much all those cliches are present in the actuall good stories hes done (dark eyes 1, robophobia, lucie miller~to the death) just as much as his terrible ones. they can work if theyre in service to an actual story. but he just goes through the motions too much. and shoves them in stories they dont belong. it makes no sense for time war stories to be the same dalek stories we've heard a million times.

that said, i do find it endearing how much he genuinely enjoys it all. 'who doesnt love the drashigs' indeed. hes living the dream.

>there's someone involved who thinks he can work together with the Daleks, the Doctor warns them that they can't and sure enough they doesn't listen and get exterminated
Well, I completely fucked up that sentence.

can u use the S P E C I A L system from fallout for roleplaying

You could just sub the SPECIAL attributes into GURPS if you were attached to Strength/Perception/Endurance/Charisma/Intelligence/Agility/Luck (which is an intuitive list, so I get the appeal).
Could work for Doctor Who I suppose but at that point you may as well think up your own attribute acronym.

I've done nothing but read the EDA books all day, but no regrets. hi /who/

Hiya McGanon

have you ever done a roleplaying thing like DnD mcgannanon?

/who/ has the best nose?

McGann.

It'll probably take till August 30th for me to get the pdf fully set up. So if anyone wants to write something for ST Vol 2 in the meantime, here's what I'm annoyed is missing:

>more Seventh Doctor fics with DRASHIGS

>more Twelfth Doctor fics with DRASHIGS

>Bill Potts stories with DRASHIGS

>Charley stories with DRASHIGS

>overall audio companion representation with DRASHIGS

>overall book companion representation with DRASHIGS

>overall comics companion representation with DRASHIGS

>Class fics with DRASHIGS

>more Fourth Doctor fics with DRASHIGS

>a Martha Jones fic with DRASHIGS

Post your story to pastebin or use a Google Doc (Google Doc keeps formatting), and paste the link in thread, preferably as a reply to one of my posts.

I'm pretty new to these generals, but is there any big limits to what can be written?

We have a piss fetish fic, I'd say pretty much anything goes at that point.

There are no limits, in terms of obscure lore. The word count limit is , say, 8000 words.

Yeah, basically.

NEAT. I hope I have enough style for it!

don't mind me just dumping some Jodie fanart I found

Did you like my picture, Neo?

Just read the DWM issue about the tv movie and Paul McGann said he'd be happy to reprise his role in a proper tv series, but he doesn't think it'd ever happen. I don't think it would either, but one can dream, I suppose.

hallo lymerence!!

I haven't, no! I've always wanted to, but I've never had any friends who'd be willing or interested.

Based India in the background secretly having enough of Paul's shenanigans

Not McGanon obviously, but I don't know what that actually is/means. Anyone help?

DnD = Dungeons & Dragons!
(as far as I'm aware, anyways)

Dungeons and Dragons I believe

I'm sure you will!

No, it's Doctor & Daleks

how do you go from this...

to this?

unlock the secret art of ageing backwards

You know, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've done, they'd probably go along with it.

I do the same, my posts lose punctuation. (I passed out at the computer at the beginning of this thread)

I've conked out and unintentionally left threads open overnight desu

Did you get any sleep?

...I think so. I had Doctor Who related dreams. Possibly something about /who/. Don't remember.

Hopefully nothing lewd!

Was the Thirteenth Doctor in your dreams?

I enjoyed it yeah, not the best 3/Jo serial but it's nice, and the ending really pulls at your heartstrings. The Doctor's exit from the party is really powerful.

I think Jo might very well be my favourite companion - every time I see a gif of one of her episodes I remember her very fondly

Naaaaah I was dreaming about the GURPS campaign, my dude.

What if Broadchurch is canon and the 10th doctor and 13th doctor just lost their memories and are stuck in this setting for a while together?

youtube.com/watch?v=U3NB3Z_74jk

what if broadchurch was just part of the chibnall master plan all along and halfway through S11 it's revealed that everything was connected

Ah. I'm not sure I'd have the guts to flirt with the Thirteenth Doctor in a campaign. It would feel like taking advantage of an innocent.

What if they're both chameleon arch'd?

It would make Thirteen's story way more tragic though, wew.

WHAT THE FUCK RORY ACTOR IS IN THIS SHOW TOO?

Spooky

>tfw the Angels sent him and Amy off into 2 different time zones and someone else wrote the letter to the 11th doctor

>nick briggs in the background

Daleks confirmed for the christmas special?

David Bradley was also in it IIRC.

I think it'll be Cybermen desu

>It's a Rory begs Thirteen to stop throwing crisps episode

He's just shilling for BF.

lol this makes it look like all the previous Doctors are looking at 13 with various degrees of disapproval. Especially 7.

Does Paul just hug every dalek he sees? I want a dalek just so I can get a picture of him hugging it

This has to be edited, I don't recall Eccles having such a big honker.

I haven't watched too much of 4/Romana, but JESUS FUCK, that can't be real. Is it?

What the fuck did he mean by this?

it's from the beginning of The Leisure Hive

I currently know of three (possibly four?) separate instances where he has hugged a Dalek, and in one of those instances, he also kissed it - pic, quite obviously, related.

We worked out in a previous thread that if someone on /who/ finds a missing special, we can hold it ransom 'til the BBC gives us a Dalek each. From that point on, all we'd have to do is contact Paul and the rest is history.

I'm picturing down the line all of who having T-shirts that say "Paul McGann kissed my dalek"

Is.

Is that how they killed K9 off?

Ironically, I don't know. I found these gifs on tumblr

he got better

Is it possible to make a dalek shell that a man of about six feet could fit inside of that would also function as a decent armored vehicle?

Seriously, whey don't the BBC make a spin-off featuring characters like Ace, Martha, Mickey, Jack, Gwen, Wilf and the Paternoster Gang teaming up to defend the Earth? All the actors would be up for it. Also it would be guaranteed to get good ratings and needn't be hugely expensive.

>Ace, Martha, Mickey, Jack, Gwen, Wilf and the Paternoster Gang
>it would be guaranteed to get good ratings
are you sure

It would be... glorious.

It's okay, user. You can just admit you want to cuddle with Paul. No judgement here.

This is exactly the reason all his companions keep get killed, he's too friendly with the Daleks

Why does 8 hug a Dalek?

...How many pictures exist of him hugging different Daleks?

Two.

He's a very loving individual, clearly.

I have five different pictures of him hugging Daleks, but I'm always on the hunt for more.

I take that back, there's more. Although I think a lot are just different shots/angles of the same thing.

Moffat?

Yes, I ought to have clarified actually. I may have five different pictures (happy to report that it's actually six now, I found another one), but he's only hugged three difference Daleks that there is photographic evidence of.

Worried one day that someone will point out my numbering system for all these pictures I post. But now that I've pointed it out, nobody else can.

different**

Glad to see he's keeping up the tradition of Dalek love. I wonder how many other Who-related people have hugged a Dalek in their time.

Shit quality but Lucie hugged one.

This is how he REALLY ended the Time War