the writer LITERALLY said she was her self insert

>female sjw writers
>killing a female cartoon character
the outrage that would create

He should have lmao
would have been hella funny and pretty dope to see animated
also bitch was annoying af, like shut up and show me pickle rick

because even he isn't that edgy

what makes you think Rick didn't kill her offscreen like he did with WorldEnder?

>image
Afraid of being banned, OP? But to answer your question, it could be a season finale as Rick goes back and kills everybody who pissed him off. It would be pretty good.

because we saw worldenders corpse

Probably would have redeemed the episode if he had smashed her head with a brick

>trying to cuntsplain why a lulrandom character acts the way he does

IT'S BECAUSE IT'S FUNNY YOU KNOW WHAT ISN'T FUNNY? ANALYZING THE CHARACTER. THANKS FOR KILLING MY FAVORITE SHOW

PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

pleb

Because it was in the middle of the episode, not the end.
Jesus do you need everything spelled out for you and spoonfed to you?

I haven't seen anything from S3 yet. What the fuck is happening? Is it even worth the effort to watch it?

not really. it's just not funny anymore

Not even the first episode to see how does the S2 cliffhanger ends?

I honestly can't remember any jokes from that episode desu, it was mostly just action and Rick being ebin XD

That would have actually been worse.

Hm... no.... Actually, if you watch Season 3, Episode 1, you might have some fun and smile. But that's it... don't continue. Come back in a month and we can tell you if any other episodes are okay.

what said
The show got really bad.
I get some of the random humor they used in earlier seasons (random science names/terms) but the pickle rick episode was complete cancer. The begining of that episode made me quit this piece of shit of a show. And at the end of the latest episode fucking summer appears out of nowhere at the end and rick is all like shut up summer. That was some current family guy tier bullshit with a hint of "gotta have as many female characters in every episode as posible"
>Inb4 PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIICK
kys

Please be joking.

He can watch season 3, episode 1. It has jokes and is decent. It nullifies the cliffhanger from season 2 pretty hard but it's good enough.

And then he'd shout RICK THE BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

What didn't you like about the pickle Rick episode ?

>I actually liked every bit of the Pickle Rick segment but it was clear the episode screeched to a halt every time it cut back to the therapists office
Anyone else know this feel?

Women only like things if they get attention. It's like a disease.

>the way it started
>the self aware smarty pants trope (psychologist woman)
>the rat killing that was just a filler for actual lack of writing creativity
Only good thing was the fact that there was some character development on Jerry's side (he lives at a motel and wasn't that annoying)
Might just watch this to see how Jerry ends up.

Because she was right.

I didn't bother me he became a pickle. The problem is the community and their obsession with it. I thought it was ironic, but I don't think it is.

Also, there wasn't anything really funny during his pickle scenes. Killing rats was boring, his parody (It's not even a parody. It's just a copy of action films) of action films was meh.

It was a weak boring episode. Deserved no attention. Even the psychologist beating him wasn't interesting.

Can someone explain the therapy meme to me?

I'm not even going full Tom Cruise denialist, I can believe it'd be helpful for people with mental illnesses

But it seems like most people spend thousands of dollars on therapy because they're vaguely sad/bored/being a pussy about a simple life decision and I don't understand why anyone would be enough of a loser to buy expensive professional help for that

He's a scat man.
/OURPICKLE/

because she is far too beneath rick to even warrant the effort.

if rick was the kind of sociopath that just killed people in the manner OP suggests. Then he would have bumped off Jerry in S1.

I've gone to several psychiatrists 7 - 8 years ago. Movies led me to believe it's sitting in a sofa discussing your life and shit but it isn't. They drug you up on some stupid shit and that's it. All of them just let me ramble on and ask you maybe 3 questions within an hour. Their job is basically to listen to you bitch and prescribe meds.

The psych acting as a counselor and talking you through your problems is a myth. 99% of the time they're basically rotating you on various meds until one works

More like, if he did, it would prove she was right and got under his skin.

And in a more meta approach, it would prove the show has gotten shittier and has to step down to just using violence as the answer. If Rick can't retort and KILLS her, he fails and the show fails. Assuming they shrug it off.

Source?

Because she will become a show regular after popular demand

Every shrink that I've visited never gave me any drugs. I guess I'm part of that 1% then who actually had real discussions about life and shit.

I honestly was expecting him to

most people can't keep their emotions and thoughts bottled up their entire life and needs someone to vent their feelings on

maybe you should've gone to a therapist instead of a psychologist then

it was in the episode commentary iirc

That's fucking embarrasing

Psychiatrist is an MD who prescribes drugs
Psychologist is some dude with a Feel Good Degree who talks to you about your mother

>self-inserting as a annoying self-righteous poop-eating therapist
wow

Why didn't Rick have sex with her?

lol

Why do women ruin all tv shows?

Rick gets out of prison in just one episode runtime with no issues and fucks over council of ricks and Jerry at the same time

Mary Sue Mary Sueing it up

lol hey guys im teen angst comedy

Psychiatrist or psychologist?

I've had lengthy feel good discussions with psychologists

I notice they made her a lot thinner.

no, a therapist makes you talk about stuff, a psychologist finds out stuff like new diagnoses and behaviors like universe 25

Anger at men for enjoying stuff.
You must have heard about Feminist Frequency and how females must police video games.

Reminder that today's episode is written by a guy so it'll prolly be gud.

>webmd.com/mental-health/features/psychologist-or-psychiatrist-which-for-you#1
psychologists are people with doctorates in psychology
psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in the treatment of mental health disorders

He was in a pickle

Got a stream for when it's time? I found one last week but no gurantees

Look to see who wrote the episode. If its a single man then it is probably going to be a episode worth watching. If it's a girl, like the episode in OP, then its a piece of shit and don't waste your time.

I don't know. It airs at night in my timezone, and a torrent is usually up when I wake up. Try adult swim's website maybe.

I have loved every episode in Season 3 and I've rewatched the first 2 seasons several times, including most episodes again recently and the new episodes are not off tone with the rest of the show. Had it not been for the internet I'd have no idea that women were writing the show. R&M is seriously great and you fucking fedora ass neckbeards need to get off your high horse

this is happening

>parodies are the center of the episode instead of a backdrop
>violence over humor at all times
>episode 4

oh please. You can take so many goddamn episodes from the first two seasons and say this about them lmfao.

Not him but I didn't know episodes 2 and 3 were written by women but i DID notice a difference. It's not a meme.

Nah they streamed them the first two weeks then switched to some live unfunny memelord shit. It was on bg last week but idk if they'll do it again

False. The parodies were always the backdrop and general idea behind the episode, not literally what the entire episode was about, and there were few episodes that had violence over humor (and those were mediocre too, like the purge one).
I also forgot to mention the emotional parts feel much more forced this time around, in the same way that whenever Family Guy tried to hint at a character dying or divorcing it felt like they should just get it over with instead of trying to make it a big deal. The first two episodes did it well, but in E03 it was cranked up to 11 and the therapist segment was as funny as having a youtuber explain the undertones of the episode to you, because that's exactly what it was.

I know this exact feel.

You are talking about the Sup Forums community and it's obsession with it right? Because it's even worse, it's ironic irony. That's how detached from reality we have to be, pretending to pretend enjoy something.

Noticing a difference is sexist.

i really, really like this image

mind if i save it?

>You are talking about the Sup Forums community and it's obsession with it right?
I'm ALSO talking about that.

>ironic irony
Yes, I don't know WHY we have to do it. We didn't like it: SO DON'T POST IT. It makes no fucking sense. WE GET IT. It was shit, so stop posting it.
Of course, it'll fall on deaf ears. And not like this is the first time.

It's all yours my friend!

>Also, there wasn't anything really funny during his pickle scenes. Killing rats was boring, his parody (It's not even a parody. It's just a copy of action films) of action films was meh.

yeah I agree, it was just low-effort action parody shit that's been done a million times before. the rats getting slaughtered wasn't entertaining or funny, just disgusting and tedious. what's funny about rick disemboweling a rat while he tells it how little it meant to him? it was like watching an edgy newgrounds cartoon

Not kill her
> (Rick opens a portal and pushes the doctor through)
> BETH
> Dad! You killed the doctor!
>RICK
> No sweetie, I merely BUURP translocated her to a different dimension.
>MORTY, SUMMER
> What did you do 1? Where did you send her?1 Can she come back?
> RICK
> I doubt it, BUURP, She BUURP will probably starve to death BUURP they eat poop over there.
> SUMMER
>Won't she be able to eat poop?
>RICK
> Her speciality will be useless there, BUURP she won't have money to buy groceries, BUURP or should I say Shitceries!... Morty that was a good one, right? This stupid pickle body doesn't have a sense of humor.
>

Last one I watched on the [adult swim] stream was the pickle rick one. They showed a stupid show about fish and only the second half of the episode!
Anyway.. what is this bg thing? Can you provide a link?

>it was just low-effort action parody shit that's been done a million times before
THIS, user, THIS. They brought NOTHING new to it. Nothing. How often have we seen this in movies done normally, how many times have we seen it parodied? You want my honest opinion? It wasn't even parodied in the episode. They did it straight. And that's even worse. Why use such a dumb cliche? They didn't give the Jaquar or whatever his name was a Russian accent, but they might as well have.

The episode wasn't horrible but it certainly wasn't worth remembering.

Only attempt humor was possibly the "legend of the pickle" which was a bit more cringe than anything else. But, an attempt was made.

And as you said: kililng rats was just trying to be edgy. Though it wasn't. It was just nothing to me. "You are the big king rat and you will die like nothing, muahahaha".
It feels like nothing at all. Because Rick and Morty already did stuff like this. I just don't see the point. We gained nothing.

First people liked Rick and Morty because it had actual character development and continuity unlike other animated comedies

Now people hate Rick and Morty because it has actual character development and continuity unlike other comedies

You guys literally just want another Family Guy

>The only character that spots Rick's obvious faults as a person and roasts him
>It's a womyn
>It's a self insert

Of course.

The problem isn't that she's the only one that spots them, because she isn't.
Part of the problem is that people like Morty and Jerry did a far better job of calling him out on his shit, and didn't waste any episodes while doing so.
The other part is that Rick is perfectly content to utterly ignore those other people points and just tear them apart, whereas here he doesn't get a word in.

actually if you pay attention on the conversation rick has with her you can tell that he is agreeing with her

Where do you get your facts?

He didn't kill her for a couple of reasons

1. It would be too much of a hassle. Besides dealing with the kids freaking out and complicating his situation with Beth (which was already on shaky grounds due to her realizing the lengths he was willing to go to in order to avoid any sort of therapy with her)? The school and police would get involved and Rick doesn't have time for that.

2. RIck's the type who would rather get revenge by having people grovel for his help and denying it. He'll wait until their paths cross again and she needs his help in something/anything and he'll refuse to give it to her out of spite for what she said to him

3. She's just not worth the effort to murder in Ricks eyes

"continuity"
randem episode where rick turns himself into a pickle cuz its so randem and funny xd he didnt want to go to the psychiatrist ha ha

Reminder

dookieries

Do any women even get killed in Rick and Morty?

Can I get a source on that? because this will probably be the nail in the coffin for the series for me.

someone was so mad they made this lmao

PICKLE RICK

i really wanted to enjoy this show i wish i hadnt read that

at least 30 women are killed on screen on the show

has the szechuan sauce come back permanently?
surely mcdonalds had other items that are no longer available but it's not like they need the publicity either

youtube.com/watch?v=iRCSZA7nQic
@ 20:30 is the writer.
At another point during the video (I ain't gonna skim through the whole thing to find it though) she answers an audience question with something like "It's soooo sweet when she, like, toootally dominates him".

much like reddit can be surface level entertaining to browse briefly on the toilet etc, I dunno rick and morty is that in tv form.
people who take the thing you do while shitting incredibly seriously are deluded or lame

I jumped to 20:30.
What the ABSOLUTE FUCK.
Asian chick is the writer. So fat. And not a white person anywhere.
And did the black chick say "TRUMP HIM".
I thought these were jokes.

>susan sarandon will never make you orgasm with her voice

Why do women ruin everything, Sup Forums?

@37:00
Found it.

That's fucking retarded, holyshit. Literally
>YAAASSSS QUEEEEENNNNNNN SLAAAAYYYYYYY
Of a fictional fucking comedy cartoon. Also that fat ching chong cunt
>everything I can I want to give an asian actor a job
Of course if white people do this it's white supremacy.

Imagine being mentally ill enough to put this together.

This is an absolutely horrible interview. I can't believe ANYONE laughed at it. The worst part is... these people are horrible. The writer is CLEARLY political and wants to force shit in. "Oh, I want this and will kick out people of the wrong nationality"

Piggle Rig was the best thing to happen in animation this past decade. It may in fact be the most important piece of creative work released in our era.