Ozark vs Breaking Bad?

Ozark vs Breaking Bad?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zxh0aF64w1g

Breaking bad obviously

Ozark sucks

I watched the first episode of Ozarks and I don't consider Breaking bad to be high art or anything but Ozarks was nowhere even close to the same league.

lol i dropped it when i realized ill have to sit through another skyler
that bitch was enough for one life time

this

Had to turn it off after one episode. watching Jason Bateman struggling to act as his partner and the old man+son are murdered in front of his eyes was too painful

If Ozark feels like BB did when watching it, why not just stfu enjoy the fact you're getting that feel again and stop the vs bullshit. This isn't a capeshite movie. Thanks.

Breaking Bad obviously. Ozark is mediocre at best.

>watching Jason Bateman struggling to act
You do know that Marty is a complete sociopath, right? Bateman did a great job portraying that.

Ozark delivered more of what fans of Breaking Bad want, at the cost of inconsistent characters and some awkward writing and dialogue. But I didn't hate half the cast of Ozark like I did in Breaking Bad. More fun watching Ozark, a more consistent level of writing in Breaking Bad that made the high-lights all the sweeter.

And by
>more of what fans of Breaking Bad want
I mean scheming, plots and ruining peoples lives to preserve the protagonists own. Ozark benefited by having Marty's wife be as awful a person as him.

What some people seem to forget is that Walter White wasn't the Walter White we remember from the beginning. It took him one or two seasons to become crazyass Heisenberg. Marty not glimpsing at the death of his "friend", using "Heisenberg-Talk" in dangerous situations and his "breakdown" halfway through S1 - all these things strongly indicate that he will go a similar path to WW, slowly shifting from passive-reactive to active after overcoming the last "moral barriers". Expect some batshit crazy stuff in S2.

Just glad I'm not the only person who saw the resemblance. Watching shit every day with my dad and he doesn't even bother to say shit like this, just stupid questions like "why would they do that" or a vague statement that you can't respond to.

tl;dr it's the same thing, just less good complex in the main character because he's just a middleman

Ozark has the same garbage pacing that every single Netflix original has. I get it, you're making it for "binging" but for fuck's sake, this "ten hour movie" format where every episode bleeds into one another and nothing is accomplished in a single show is horrid and is why Netflix will never have a good show.

Ozark is BB lite.

I enjoyed it because the show moved forward at a nice pace with similar twists and turns. Plus the wife was generally supportive and not Skylar-esque. ( I fucking hate those slack jawed 'what-the-fuck' stares that female 'wife' actors seem to do lately ).

Also, I like Peter Mullan.

>not Skylar-esque
She fucked Ted. Well, an older, fatter and uglier Ted with a jogging suit.

Yeah but you actual end up liking her at the end (the wife in ozark). Her character is pretty well written.

>1:30 sfx

what is this, looney toons

Ozark, Breaking Bad is actual trash -- most overhyped show of all time because of reddit and IMDB

She was nothing like Skyler tho. They are a good team and she looks out for him.