What did Sup Forums think of Rear Window?

What did Sup Forums think of Rear Window?

pretty great, if not a bit too kooky.

>an aging Jimmy Stewart doesn't wanna fuck Grace Kelly in expensive hotel rooms for the rest of his life
>instead wants to go to an east asian shithole and take pictures of grass

2/10, jk

I'm fond of the bigfoot-themed remake

We'll never see a woman this beautiful in cinema again.

love it desu

or the giant cockroach-themed remake

C O M F Y

I unironically think it's better than Vertigo

one of the few old movie that are actually great not only nostalgia great. Great comfy kino too. One of Hitchcocks greatest too.

God, why are actresses these days so ugly compared to back then?

Better than any movie made in the last 10 years.

It's alright. One gripe would be that the fight scene at the end was really awfully edited where you couldn't make out wtf was happening (with all of the quick cuts).

Psycho and NBNW are better, but Rear Window is definitely decent.

Same, didn't understand the hype for Vertigo.

To be very honest this was the movie that got me to realize there was more to movies than just what came out over the summer.

I saw it on tcm - I wont forget that feeling.

Because actors used to be cheap prostitutes, and now the industry is married to them.

>Jimmy Stewart is actually a well rounded individual who cares more about justice than sex

Honestly I had this exact same experience.

For me it was Casablanca which i also saw on tcm during a summer night that went particularly late.

NOW WAIT A MINUTE

Not enough sex and nudity

Not even suburbia has enough

>in expensive hotel rooms for the rest of his life
East Asian grass ain't so bad actually

top 10 films of all time

Was Jimmy Stewart the GOAT everyman?

ruined for being too much parodied. It's shit now

I have no idea.

>once upon a time in America, it was considered unhealthy for a man to stay alone in a room all day, and the man needed to have at least two people to check on him regularly and talk to him even when he is unable to have sex with any of them.

>didn't understand the hype for Vertigo
Salvador Dali sequence, plus getting to watch Jimmy put on an evil face. Also, getting stoned as fuck and watching Body Double

Great film about what the POV does to the storytelling.

Why?

Great until he decided to scare off a murderer with flashbulbs. Seriously, would that scare anyone off unless they were epileptic?

Rote, but enjoyable. Much heavier on levity than expected, leaving the suspense crowded out in favor of thrills. It's bizarre to think it's the same emotional formula capeshit uses these days, but maybe that also explains why capeshit is so popular. The tonal beats have been around for decades, and have always been popular.