If this series was made today...

If this series was made today, what would they change besides the special effects and filming everything with a green screen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T9P1l4yA6i8
youtube.com/watch?v=VKSKxQcyYdE
youtube.com/watch?v=-t13gCrHLlw
youtube.com/watch?v=lF4LwfpAr90
youtube.com/watch?v=qt9t2bryUeY
youtube.com/watch?v=OrbOmOyp18o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

assuming they don't change some of the Fellowship's gender, then all those scrapped instances of Arwen fighting, like at Helm's Deep? Those will definitely be there.

>shayreeny.... hood.

more non white people

and the southerners that help sauron would definitely have been made white instead

they'd absolutely shoehorn in some token blacks. no doubt about it.

black elves

>Black and Arab extras everywhere
>One of Merry or Pippin would be black
>One of Merry, Pippin, or Legolas would be female
>Arwen would be more important and be seen actively fighting
>There would be more white people in Sauron's army, and the Maori guy on the elephant wouldn't just go OOOOOOOHHHHH when he sees Eomer charging at him
>Return of the King would be split into Return of the King part 1 and 2

>One of Merry or Pippin would be black
>One of Merry, Pippin, or Legolas would be female

probably not. they didn't do anything like that in The Hobbit

That's only because the Hobbit movies added a female character. Though I admit you're right about the race.

I think everything would be near identical, because it's not like LotR was made in a time without CGI - there's plenty of it in the films. It was a team of people that really wanted to ensure a realistic, lived-in sort of world that made the practical effects work.

I actually had the opportunity to met with Grant Major, the Oscsr-winning production designer on the original trilogy a couple times last year and we talked about CGI. Since he was in charge of production design, he got to make the call whether something would be practical or computer generated. He said that no matter how far filmmaking goes - someday, it'll be cheaper and more practical to have CGI performers and sets - people will always feel better looking at something they exist in the same world as, even if it's fantasy.

If they made LOTR in 2017, and Mr. Major was at the helm of production design, I believe that sort of thing would be equally, if not more, amazing.

As for cast diversity, although social justice faggoty is running wild, an English mythos based on Germanic and Celtic roots would still be white as fuck. And male as fuck.

I honestly don't see it being much different. The Hobbit films suffered with CGI because of Warner Bros, but we all know that. With the appropriate time allotted to make it, we'd have something similar to the LotR we all know and love.

We already saw the answer with The Hobbit trilogy.

FUCK you. You had the perfect opportunity to say "Tolkien" blacks and you didn't take it.

>they didn't do anything like that in The Hobbit
even since the hobbit was made liberal media has gotten a lot stronger on this topic. No way they would let such a white movie slide today
It would get 6/10 reviews saying everything about it was awesome,except too many white male storys

The Shire, home, at least it was before Sauron fucked everything up.

youtube.com/watch?v=T9P1l4yA6i8

>No man can defeat me
>I am no man
This scene but 59 times more often

every character is changed to be an overweight sassy black woman

LOOKS LIKE A LOTR THREAD IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS
POST EVERYTHING

nice reddit pun

>epic puns

did "nazi" this reddit post coming :D

Reminder this is what magical dragons should look like, the wings are pointless.

youtube.com/watch?v=VKSKxQcyYdE
Even then there'd still be dipshits like this though.
youtube.com/watch?v=-t13gCrHLlw
From comments:
Nathaniel Peter3 months ago
My soul said that a man grabbed that snake's tail and threw it into the air and captured it in the camera to fool us as if it is flying. Nothing can fly unless it has wings or powers of God to levitate.

Examples of magical flying dragons!

Chinese Dragons Fly By MAJICK!
youtube.com/watch?v=lF4LwfpAr90
youtube.com/watch?v=qt9t2bryUeY
Majick Flying DRAGONS!
youtube.com/watch?v=OrbOmOyp18o

Half of the principal cast would be black or chink, the secondary characters and extras would would all be various non white peoples, and the orcs would be blond haired and fair skinned.

Hopefully a closeup of Galadriel's soles.

unironically this

We already know what would happen, the same thing that happened with The Hobbit. They would not give the director the adequate pre-production time he would have causing the script to be rushed and not fully thought out, making the movie up as they arrive on set, not having enough time to make enough practical sets, props and effects leading to poor and rushed CGI. Then again that is assuming that it is the studio making the movies and not a director/writing team that presents their treatment of the movies to the studio.

Kill yourself.

well firstly this wouldn't happen

yellow character

wverythin but brad douriv am drunk

Ironically the dwarf was the only non-manlet

ayndyn serkids rand uma poop