I know this is a little bit late but what's everyone's thoughts on the Netflix Original Ozark?

I know this is a little bit late but what's everyone's thoughts on the Netflix Original Ozark?
Is it worthy to be compared to Breaking Bad?
youtube.com/watch?v=Zxh0aF64w1g

I thought it was a pretty decent show. Don't know about breaking bad quality but solid nonetheless.

>Even retards can buy guns, see !
>Sleazy gun salesman
>Fully automatic M1a for sale for some reason
>Look, no backround check !

Other then that liberal's wet dream of a scene, I really liked it

No comparing breaking bad shit. On its own this was a damn good show. There plenty of holy fuck moments that will keep you glued all the way through.

The characters make some of the dumbest decisions in this show. Bateman couldn't wait to spill his guts every time he got the chance.

It's kinda mediocre imo, not even near BB territory. Still watchable.

Whats the fucking deal with characters that serve only as exposition cunts?

The wife and kids serve near zero purpose, and have no real effect on the outcome of the show, yet every episode is them fucking something up and bates having to clean it up.

Other than that, I enjoyed the plot very much, and many of the characters were great. Disappointed that Bates and the hotel owner didnt fugg, but perhaps that would have been too obvious

Only OP could convince me to come to this thread and shitpost about a bunch of f

>automatic M1a for sale for some reason
You're an idiot. It's a Mini-14, the kid wasn't firing it full automatically, he was just rapid firing it.
The blatant anti-gun message was pretty annoying even though the process through which he bought the gun was actually much spot on.

Im sorry what was that?

>Triggered retard addressing of the truth
Sad

I hated how everyone had a long and clever monologue ready to go at a seconds notice

None of the main characters are likable.
Stupidly convenient Deus Ex Truck

While it definitely has flaws, I'll be back for season two.

It's way too dependent on the kids being stupid plot for my liking

that truck was really, really fucking stupid.
the show was good up to that point but after that it was just eh
it's trying too hard

I was waiting for this show to come out. How long has it Ben out? I tried looking for it the other day on my account and couldn't find it.

Just finished it this afternoon, redneck

It started off super slow and then got super implausible really quickly

For all the breaking bad comparisons it was the Justified ones that hurt it for me. That show knew how to do a backwoods town without making every character insanely folksy

I don't remember a truck

real estate mom gets plowed

>Cast fucking superb and amazing actress Laura Linney
>She does nothing
why didn't they just hire a no-name? I was more existing to see her name than Bateman's, but she's a complete non character

That's a pretty autistic thing to get mad at, tbqh.

Also, whose idea was it to put a non-sequential flashback episode like 8 episodes into the season. If that had just been condensed and shown first, I probably would've gotten more attached to the characters more.

No it's not. Marty loses all of his money and then super conveniently he convinces this woman to give him basically the exact amount he needs and then she's killed off by a horribly used trope of walking into a street and getting creamed by a truck.

It was stupid.

come on, dude.
they get in an argument and the son reveals the connection between marty and wife and the old lady conveniently gets smashed by a truck a minute later. it was silly as fuck.

It was foreshadowed at the start of the episode.

that doesn't make the situation any better.
I understand what you're saying but regardless, it was a really lame way to dispose of a character.

Dude, she was a nothing character. Literally.

It was funny.

I'm very confused why it turned you off the show.

Autism

Post more Waifu

>Is it worthy to be compared to Breaking Bad?

No. Is this a meme?

Ironic

undoubtedly my favorite character

the ending was shit