So, how was Harry able to keep his grades up, pass his exams and remain at Hogwarts for so long when he never studies...

So, how was Harry able to keep his grades up, pass his exams and remain at Hogwarts for so long when he never studies? All he had to do in his fourth year was learn how to dance and survive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AeVIXjVL1hI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He isn't there to study. Gandalf isn't training him to defeat voldy. He's just there as bait.

Pretty sure both he and Ron were mediocre students.

How did they get away with many of the faux pas that riddled the books and movies? Oh wait they didn't, and that's why it will forever be cemented as easily one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

He had special Golden Boy status by Dumbledore. The same thing that happened in the first movie when he HOWEVER'd and gave Gryffindor the cup thing. Harry was pandered like the privileged cunt he is.

Dude, not everything has to be Kubrik levels of pretentiousness. The Harry Potter movies were good, family-friendly, and will probably stand the test of time for a while. Fuck off with this college freshman tier autism.

>atlas shrugged
>god tier

Basically this, but every year he attended.

yeah also i can't believe harry did all that in 2 hours, imagine what he could have done in a single day

>Falling for obvious b8
>Falling for ancient copypasta

All new arrivals, please proceed to Sup Forums. Please have your Downvotes ready for inspection.

>falling for the most ancient reply of the pasta

Same reason sub 85 iq nigger athletes don't get kicked out of high school

bingo

>he didn't have a minor celebrity/sports guy in his high school

they get carried by force

or it just didn't show them studying

I see you're new. Welcome.

did he even attend school in the last 2 years?

The school of fucking hermione

He did attend sixth year, but skipped his seventh year and managed to pass anyway

someone post the polyjuice potion greentext

Being exempt from exams because he had to compete in the Triwizard Tournament was such bullshit. He only had to spend three days on that tournament in the entire year. No wonder everyone was pissed off at him. And didn't everyone also get exempt from exams in the second year because of the Basilisk stuff? Jesus, he only did six years of school and only four exams

Would you want to be the teacher responsible for holding Harry Potter back a year? I seem to recall Snape wanted to fail him but he was forced to give him a pass by Dumbledore. Hogwarts is corrupt as fuck.

Because he's actually a smart guy, he just doesn't seem like it because he hangs out with an autist who memorizes books

>he has to study to make A's in grade school

Get a load of this brainlet.

It's more like high school than grade school and the subject matter is a bit different from your regular maths and geography. You have to fight monsters, brew potions incredible carefully and remember every single form of tea leaf mush and what it means

Legit question: why didn't Harry and Ron, possessing an invisibility cloak, spend their teenage years sneaking into the girl's closet to see them naked?

Because Harry was too busy not getting murdered every year. And Ron was a closet homosexual who got written into a forced heterosexual relationship by Rowling

Wait, Ron was gay?

this is harry potter not star wars, retard

The legit answer is that the stairs to the girl's dorm was enchanted so that whenever a male tried to go up it, the staircase would flatten and make the boys slide off. Seriously, it's in the books.

Not like there isn't a way around that, but still.

Snape was actively an asshole about grades though.

Ghost blowjobs in the bath.

Weren't the exams skipped as well in The Half Blood Prince?

I mean realistically a powerful wizard could probable beat it but then it wouldn't be childish fun, it'd be a creepy pedophile.

He was a jock who got through because the school needed good players on their team.

youtube.com/watch?v=AeVIXjVL1hI

God harry looks cute there

n-no homo

number 4 was the last movie were harry's manletness wasn't noticable

copy off of hermione obviously

They learn wingardium leviosa in their first year, just have Harry float Ron up past the stairs and then have Ron float Harry there. Get under the invisibility cloak and have some fun

What about professor Quirrell with his self-levitation skills? He wouldn't even have to climb those stairs

>ugh the staircase assumed my gender again #ciswarts

There are a few scenes showing him studying with Ron and Hermione (who probably helped them a lot). Anyway, it's never indicated he is an ace student.

High school is grade school.
Still applies. I didn't have to study until sophomore year of college.

Neither did I. But this is a wizard school. If I grew up not knowing anything about magic whatsoever and suddenly get thrown into a magic school aged 11, I'd need to brush up on some lore and shit.

If Harry is mediocre how is he beable to beat Voldemort?

Makes me wonder how Hermione's parents, who had no affiliation with that world whatsoever since they were both dentists (thus Muggles) thought it was a brilliant idea to send their only daughter to a school for witchcraft and wizardry

>was learn how to dance and survive.
Just like in the ghetto.

They're open-""minded"" liberal cucks, that's why

Literally because he owned the most powerful wand in the world.

Harry had pretty mediocre grades in general. He passed most subjects with the lowest pass grade and only really excelled at Defence Against the Dark Arts and that's mostly due to knowing the Patronus because Lupin taught him that in special lessons.

based potterbro

I did literally nothing in high shool and still got all As and 90+ on all finals. It's really ez senpai

In the U.S. I assume

Based on the amount of studying, they all should've flunked out of Hogwarts except for Hermione. Also, what's the deal with Dumbledore fucking over Slytherin at the end of the first year?

They study loads and the books go into great detail on the amount of homework, studying and practicing they do. The movies don't really show this because it's not that entertaining to watch and it's an easy thing to cut out to save time for some of the more crucial stuff they had to cram in to 2 hours.

>Also, what's the deal with Dumbledore fucking over Slytherin at the end of the first year?
I don't know, but I like how irrelevant it became. I think a few years it's not even mentioned.

shows you really went somewhere with substandard education