I have just finished Angel Heart. It was excellent. Movies with the same vibe?

Bamp.

Glad you enjoyed it. I recommend:

>The Serpent and the Rainbow
>Memento
>Dark City

>Jacob's Ladder isn't the first movie he named

Good film, but it doesn't have that same vibe of lost identity for me.

The Tenant is lost identity x 1000

The Seventh Sign

Skeleton Key. Although it's not the best horror movie, the plantation setting and voodoo stuff going on made me think of Angel hearts when I first watched it.

OP here, Jacob's Ladder is pretty similar in providing a nightmarish dense experience. The lost indentity theme is great in Angel Heart, but I prefer its nightmarish evil atmosphere. Tfw you are watching something that is not going to end well and there's a sense of dread throughout the whole movie.

Saw those three movies, but thanks anyway. They are good movies. If you know of more...

Not a movie, but True Detective season 1.

Seen it. Decent movie. Better than expected. Thanks user.

Bamp.

lovely film

came here to say this

> The Ninth Gate

>Lost Highway
>Hideaway

Dunno if I'm right about this, but two films came to mind...
Palmetto (neo-noir, not up there with Angel Heart but doing well)
Dead Birds (post civil war southern states low budget horror thing. Just liked the atmosphere.)
this too

You have a point there. Fucking amazing movie, will rewatch it soon.

Didn't know about Hideaway. It has bad reviews, but looks interesting. Thanks user!

Nice! Palmetto and Dead Birds to the list. Thanks!

Also thought of Ravenous 1999

Mickey Rourke fuckin rules

Watch The Pope of Greenwich Village, it's not the same atmosphere at all but it's prime grade A Mickey.

Lord of illusions featuring famke jannsen in her prime

It doesn't have any supernatural elements, but Somewhere in the Night (1946) has a similar story.

I second this. I've rewatched Lord of Illusion every year since I first saw it. Very underappreciated and comfy as fuck.