So nobody has a problem that this fucker all of a sudden has super javelin throwing plot power? FFS...

So nobody has a problem that this fucker all of a sudden has super javelin throwing plot power? FFS. I've just about had it with this shit

I hate him so much. I wish he would die.

Night King is literally /ourguy/.

also the near instantaneous travel abilities of everyone cause it's rushed bullshit

Virgin volley vs. Chad Chuck desu

realistically the dragons could never be killed so they decided "oh well the night king can throw spear at 500 mph"

no nobody has a problem with it, this board isn't full of people who bitch about everything in the show everyone actually loves it its only you who has any problems with anything user

>ancient ice zombie king with an armada of magical powers should not have super strength among them

Seriously? You're fine with him raising the dead, summoning storms, and his immorality but not this?

He raises the dead but he can't throw a fucking javelin?
Are you retarded?

I can't wait for this asshole to die

Same thing here bro, he's stronger than Qyburn's machine, so by that logic he must throw other enemies far away with any sword attack, but I know that won't happen.

Wait, is that Donald Trump's face? The literal President of the United State of America?

..what are you all saying? Jesus Christ

the entire series is like this
hopeful
so the ice forms a perfect circle protecting the group?
the group makes it to the walkers in one episode and yet the walkers have been en route to the wall since the first episode?
the walkers can't figure out bow & arrows but can assemble together to pull a dragon out of a lake? why doesn't the main walker dude throw spears at the group from the ledge?
there's more but what's the point
eh why did they send the kid back exactly? just to tell everybody that they were dun fucked? what possible purpose could he have in going back?
you either suspend your disbelief or you don't watch at all, it's not exactly the most intelligent series ever created

there's a theme among these powers but the super strength feels out of place. Watch i bet when he eventually sword fights jon his super strength will be absent.
PLeb

>the second javelin changed directions midair like a guided missil

The absolute state of Daenerys right now

>touches babies to turn them into ice demons
>lifts his arms to raise thousands of dead people at once
>controls army of wights with his mind
>shatters local autistic man's suspension of belief by throwing a javelin

so the ice forms a perfect circle protecting the group?

This one is questionable but not out of the realm of possibility IMO.

>the group makes it to the walkers in one episode and yet the walkers have been en route to the wall since the first episode?

The time skips are pretty much to blame for this shit, it distorts how much time actually passes.

>eh why did they send the kid back exactly? just to tell everybody that they were dun fucked? what possible purpose could he have in going back?

They probably just wanted Dany to know that their plan wasn't gonna work so she can do w/e the fuck she wants now.

IT JUST SEEMS OUT OF PLACE user. but i did kek'd

>responding to a troll thread

When Jon fought a Whitewalker at Hardhome he was getting knocked around pretty easily. Although they just disregarded that whole idea this episode so who knows?

>not realizing the other user was making fun of you seeking validation for your not-uncommon-at-all opinion
Go back to r/gameofthrones please

Fuck no we don't. NK is /ourguy/.

after all the memes, I haven't seen a single person discussing the most important aspect of the horrible writing:

WHY THE FUCK WASN'T THE NIGHT KING MACHINEGUNNING THOSE JAVELINS? LITERALLY NO REASON TO POP THE TWO DRAGONS IN A ROW IN 10 SECONDS. WHY CAN'T THE FUCKERS AT LEAST TRY TO WRITE WELL.

no you're right, the other user is an idiot
there is a difference between having powers of sorcery and mind control, magic, etc and being able to throw a spear at superhuman speed, distance and accuracy - his strength would be so unmatchable that one swing of his sword would be impossible for anyone to defend against. It's what's known as a plot device, a clumsy one at that and as another user said earlier it becomes a one sided fight if you have a huge army of white walkers that have no defense against a dragon

He's already dead user

I don't have any problems with the throw tbqh.
People thow it higher and farther at Olympics

>magical being can turn dead things into evil zombies
>OP is complaining about his spear throwing being unrealistic

If he wants to make Dany fuck off I'd give him his own Cobra Unit.

Dany is like Stephanie McMahon in that she enters a battlefield full of people that have trained and fought and put their bodies through hell then she emasculates them like a mom on a power trip and if they don't let her take their nuts she'll "fire" them

She also only has fans because of her rocking body

because
that would make too much sense
less dramatic as well
obvee

Nope. It was badass. Stop Whinging.

he is a plot device

DnD are supposed to know how the series ends but they have no real idea of the events that lead there

so they are just making shit up at this point and since they don't actually know how to write a morally grey story where there are no heroes or villains and everyone is kind of just a human that exists in this world they need to turn the show into a full blown fantasy trope

hence we enter the BBEG in the form of the night king because it is way easier to write a story of good vs. evil when you have a personification of evil to go with

the whole surround but not kill them thing was to lure the dragons there so he could get one

It's not about suspension of belief, it's about maintaining the integrity of the story.

Ballistas and war machines have failed to stop the dragons, but this guy throws a big icicle and downs one instantly?

>"OMG IT'S FICTION WITH MAGIC"

How retarded do you have to be to use this argument? Just because something is fiction doesn't mean it doesn't have some semblance of logic.

Dude we was waiting on the cooldown...

Not gonna lie, former Targaryen fan here. This is fucking hilarious watching Daenerys crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy ice the last dragons.

this guy fucks

>One thing is fantastical, thus having realistic writing standards is stupid.

You have to be completely retarded to have this kind of logic.

Deal with it, nerd

nope

>All that matters is bad ass.

What about political intrigue, psychological warfare, character development, realism, symbolism, allegory?
Oh, you're just dumb...

What would take longer? Freezing to death in the middle of a frozen lake in the middle of winter, or Gendry running to eastwatch, a raven flying to dragonstone, Dany flying to the North (where she's never been before) and finding the night king army?

I used to hate Dany because she couldn't lose, but now that her shit is all fucked and she's actually facing a challenge, I'm starting to like her more.

jesus don't even get me started

Nah you're just being autistic dude.

Alright autist I'll break this down real easy for ya.

First the Night King has some type of perceptive powers. He knew when he was being watched by Bran and he seems to know exactly where to be at all times, like Hardhome. So him being able to track and hit a flying dragon isn't too much of a stretch.

Second we have no idea what sort of internal magic system the ASOIAF universe works off of. We've seen Whitewalkers with enhanced strength and we don't really know anything about how it works.

Third Whitewalker weapons are inherently magical. They shatter swords instantaneously. So it would not be too surprising to think that a Whitewalker spear has greater penetrative abilities than a normal one. The Night King didn't necessarily need to be tossing it with greater strength than the Scorpion.

There are many problems with the scene and episode but the spearchucker wasn't one of them.

Please don't try to make such reaching comparisons just so you can post pictures of your waifu offtopic.

What's he waiting for? Just blow up the wall.

He's busy being menacing, I guess he's waiting for the middle of Winter?

>Jon Snow suspends his campaign and endorses Daenerys as his queen
>Argues that they have to fight together to stop the Night King
>Disillusioned northern voters don't trust Dany, who was part of the major familial oligarchy that ruled the continent at one point
>The king and queen have their first debate [you are here]

It's like potluckery.

considering westeros is about the size of a city block I think the second one is more likely to happen

Its not show-breaking that the Night king can throw a magic ice spear at a dragon and down it.

What will be show breaking is all the other oppertunities that he will have as the show progresses to throw more ice-javelin-warheads with perfect precision speed and accuracy and doesnt take. There have already been several.

Its kinda like in the Phantom menace when the Jedi run super-speed to get away from droidekas, but never are seen using that ability again despite how many times it would have made sense for them to do it.

the fire sword dude let his friend die from cold and made the group very uncomfortable by not just lighting a sword fire for them to keep warm by
>what did he mean by this?

Kek'd and save'd

can we talk about his 21st century shoes?

ok..now let me break this down reasonably
>So him being able to track and hit a flying dragon isn't too much of a stretch.
understatement of the century - there is a difference between being able to track and hit a flying dragon and being able to make the most impossible throw anyone has ever seen. Is it something that we brush aside and put in the bin of all the other stupid shit that happens so that the story progresses? Yes. Is it something that can be logically defended within reason? Depends on your standards for believability but I would say it's not exactly Shakespeare. Once again, his strength and accuracy would be so extraordinary that there would be no fight that he could lose, and again, there is a difference between magic and these other things.
>Second we have no idea what sort of internal magic system the ASOIAF universe works off of. We've seen Whitewalkers with enhanced strength and we don't really know anything about how it works.
that's literally the equivalent of saying anything can happen and I'm okay with it because I just don't know. Well alright, but don't expect everyone to agree.

>Third Whitewalker weapons are inherently magical. They shatter swords instantaneously. So it would not be too surprising to think that a Whitewalker spear has greater penetrative abilities than a normal one. The Night King didn't necessarily need to be tossing it with greater strength than the Scorpion.
no one is arguing penetrative abilities. If you're saying that it is faster than another spear I understand your point but I think a weapon that can disintegrate another weapon is much less strange than a rocket propelled heat seeking spear

>There are many problems with the scene and episode but the spearchucker wasn't one of them.
really? as another user pointed out why the fuck didn't he throw another spear and especially while the other dragon was grounded?

He's the only character who could make sense of it, the javelin is magic, he's magic. So he can magically throw it magically far and magically accurate.

Why did Jon "bend the knee" if she was already going to help him? It will only create problems in the North.

>the javelin is magic, he's magic. So he can magically throw it magically far and magically accurate.

Ok, so let him magically throw javelines at every major character with the same distance and accuracy. Boom. Show's over.

cuz he felt indebted cause dead dragon. makes way more sense than spear chucker

Mark my words: Night King will lose his extreme super strength when he has to sword fight

look up rule of cool, that's the way these normies enjoy shit and its not gonna change

Of all the issues with that episode thats you're take away? not the fact that a bird flew half way across a continent the size of south america and her 3 deus ex machinas flew back in less than 24 hours

not only 500mph, but 500mph in perfect form right into the lung of a dragon going full speed while being super high in the air.

rather than just, you know, spearing drogon who was closer and grounded.

also the spear literally just floats up lmao

Or the fact that 1 guy without supplies ran presumably 100+ miles within a few hours to delivery that raven.

fuck off, the episode in its entirety is utter stupidity incarnate. there's no single problem worse than others, it's all just fucking dumb popcorn flick entertainment at this point.

I cannot believe there are people who still unironically believe this is a smart show.

it's supposed to be the size of south america

The white walkers have always had superhuman strength you dipshit. It literally would've made LESS sense for his throw to be weak.

They were throwing people around like nothing in Hardhome. In an earlier season, there was one that sent Sam flying with a backhanded slap.

The only time they're not unstoppable is when they're up against dragonglass or valryian steel.

Lets break this down further, the flight time from San Diago to Vancouver (which is likely a much shorter trip in terms of distance) is roughly 3 hours and the average cruising speed of a commercial airliner is about 575MPH.

The fastest ravens measured clock in at a top speed of approx 58.7MPH

roughly 10 times slower than the commercial airliner, assuming the bird flies constantly at it's top speed (not fucking likely) it would take 30 hours to arrive at dragon stone.

lets be generous and assume the flight speed of the dragons is double that of the raven (thats pushing it much faster and dany would have no hope of holding on) so add another 15 hours.

so 45 hours just on the bird and dragons

now lets talk gendry, the average human walking speed is 3.1MPH they walked all of the previous day lets give em 14 hours of daylight so 43.4 miles in day one lets say they encountered the zombies early the next day and their speed was halfed because wounded thoros so an additional 4.5 miles, gendry would have had to run 47.9 miles. now assuming this gendry fucker is usain bolt with a running speed of 27.79MPH and assuming he could keep that pace over long distance (protip his heart would explode) he could make it back to eastwatch in ah hour and 45 mins.

so 46 hours 45 mins is the absolute earliest it's possible for dany to arrive. lets add 15 mins because she changed her clothes, did her hair and argued with tyrion before leaving.

so under ideal conditions with no one (bird, dany, gendry or dragon) taking breaks or resting the absolute earliest it's physically possibloe for her to arrive would be almost 3 days or 47 hours

THERES NO TIME

>don't pay close enough attention to whats going on
>complain about shit anyway

Sup Forums

There's a thread on /fa/ that confirms those are Cole Haan shoes.

This is bullshit. The books confirm that Gendry is a topflight endurance runner. 15hrs is more accurate. Give 5hrs for the drogon to show up just in the nick of time. They have physicists on staff, you know.

There are a few sites writing about how many inconsistencies and problems this episode had and people in the comments are just saying they're being nitpicky or they're just glad they get to see epic zombie fights xD. Only the highest of plebs could still think any thought went into the writing of this show.

there's a mountain of bullshit in this episode but if this is the hill you want to die on your priorities suck

>Night King is a thousand year old ice demon
>turns human babies into other ice demons
>turns every corpse at Hardhome into a wight under his control
>can see Bran during his psychic trips and mark him
>can undo magic made by the children of the forest
>can sense when someone is warging near him and disrupt it
>white walker blades are shown to be so cold they shatter steel weapons on contact
>dragons are clearly fire elementals but the Night King can walk through their fire and quell it

all of this is enough evidence to suggest:
>white walker weapons could be more damaging to dragons than regular steel
>the night king commands great powers/magic beyond any other force in the show

so yeah sure if anyone could hit a dragon with a spear and kill it it's him

it's still fucking stupid

>lets give em 14 hours of daylight
Given the sun angle in most scenes beyond the wall its probably closer to 7 hours of daylight.

how fucking dumb can those people possibly be? literally every scene this episode had at least one really dumb thing in it. I guess people just get mad and insecure about their opinion because they're too dumb to see a show they think is smart is actually just reduced to dumb action.

fuck got

Not particularly. I do have a problem with everything else in the episode.

Bow down to Wight supremacists, they will bring order to Westeros!

This will only bother me if he swordfights someone and doesn't just break them in half with the first hit

yeah i was being very very generous

god bless you

Anyone else think Blizzard will sue them eventually?

Only when Bran says "There must always be a Night King" and puts on the ice crown at the end

TYRION

Out of all the things to complain about, the spear throw was not one

why did jon stay behind in the first place

it looked like he was farming kills to reach the top of the scoreboard

>why the fuck didn't he throw another spear and especially while the other dragon was grounded?
this is the correct detail to be concerned about, along with the group of 7 surviving 4 days on that rock while the Night King and his army just hung out and waited

Does this mean Jon is Illidan with his "we are not prepared" speeches??

>Once again, his strength and accuracy would be so extraordinary that there would be no fight that he could lose
He waited until the dragon started a "bombing" run, when it was coming closer to the ground and flying in a relatively straight path.

>end of season 8
>walkers have taken over the wall and built a fortress on top of it
>last 4 episodes are jon and his party fighting all the way to the top where the night king is waiting on his chilly seat
>after a hard battle the night king decides to instakill everyone and raise them as his soldiers
>three eyed raven bran astrally projects and resses everyone, they all beat the shit out of the night king
>bran says "Without it's masters command the restless white walkers will become an even greater threat to this world. Control must be maintained. There must always be...
>*thunder*
>A NIGHT KING"
>jon tries to put the night king's horns on his head
>"JON"
>camera pans to benjen stark, burned all over because he got resurrected by rhllor
>jon puts the horns on his uncle's head and leaves as benjen gets covered by ice and becomes part of the wall
I'm not even sure if this is too stupid to make it into the show.
Normies will gobble it up.

He only has so much Mana. Gonna need a lot to take down the wall

Didn't the Night King pop the dragon while he was spewing fire? It looked like he hit the sweet spot since the dragon leaked fire over himself and blew it guts out.

t. libcuck on suicide watch

Kino