Drink with Damar /Trek/

i would buy danar from damar
youtube.com/watch?v=XVaNxB5TN2M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Q3LpReQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=6ccYZTONpic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Think I fell for the Enterprise is shit meme a few years ago about after a few watch throughs I'd rate it 3rd after DS9 and TNG. If they got a season five added Shran as a crew member etc it would have been kino tier.

>I look forward to meeting Weyoun 9!

Love the way he delivers that line

Shran makes every episode worth it

>tfw so drunk always misspell kanar
GET ME ANOTHER GREER!

Favourite two-character dynamic in Trek?

Dukat and Weyoun for me.

I don't like Deep Space 9.

Archer Shran. ENT would have be even better with him as second in command

>7even Years

Which episodes have the most fascinating technical situations? Like incredible machines, or hacking scenarios. I like it heavy on the tech and light on the personal drama.

7 of 9 and the holographic barclay.

>attention bajorian workers

>Well HELLO!
He just has great delivery in general.

I love it. It's not the best but it's such a loyal series and I happen to like the Ferengi enough as main characters that everyone else being lukewarm doesn't bother me.

It also has the best intro theme which is also one of the best musical pieces ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=O_0Q3LpReQ8

>It also has the best intro theme
Honestly, the best intro of all Treks is Voyager's.
Both musically and graphically.
youtube.com/watch?v=6ccYZTONpic

desuthis is really an underrated episode

This is accurate.

The DS9 track opens in such a way that it drives the ear to "crane" into it, like a person who is craning their neck to look up into the starry sky. And it's militarily powerful.

Voyager's intro feels like an imitation. But it ends much stronger. Gets a very adventurous tone to it and ends more triumphantly.

I like them both.

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

GETTING FROM THERE TO HERE

I love that in a time when particle effects and cgi was insanely expensive they decided "let's go all the way with this comet". The chimes sound still gets me hard and ready everytime.

>You should have killed me, Klingon...there's only one Damar.

Young Thug confirmed as Discovery intro creator

>watch voyager
>expect the ebin space travel effects like moving clouds at some point.
>lel no just the opening and one episode with snow..

>It's not you I hate, Cardassian. I hate what I became, BECAUSE of you.

yes user I meant TOSK
He was a good character, the idea of "the hunt" was interesting, and it's my only episode so far that I have found Obrien to be likable for me.

i hate all reptillian species

Data is dead and B-4 is a literal retard. And we'll never get post-Voyager/post-Nemesis enterprise ever again.

Noonien's dream is ruined.

But user you are one

anyone else ever root for the genetically enhanced humans?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I never liked DS9 at the time, and havent bothered to give it another chance, but the gimpy ferengi kid's holodeck lounge singer ep was super comfy.

Nemesis doesn't count as Trek canon, literally fan-fic tier movie so no, Data is not dead in my mind.

And remember: I've thought this, so now it's real.

I think DS9 relies heavily on the holodeck. And Nog (the ferengi kid).

No, I did too.
I rooted for the genetically enhanced like Khan etc.
Genetic enhancement isn't a thing to look down on.
Suppose you were born a retard like Bashir, enhancement seems like a gift right?
All of the 24th century's ethics seem weird.
Retarded guys can't get enhanced legally?
Eh, I'll never get that line of thought.
Prior to the genetics war or whatever, there was a different pov
I think maybe those people had something to say.
Genetics isn't a subject that can be resolved with war.
So, I think more retards should be upgraded like Bashir was.

>>I think DS9 relies heavily on the holodeck.

literally what

which one was comfier?

Why has there been a lack of good Star Trek vidya?

Time to give this a shot.

Are Frasier and Star Trek posters one and the same?

I've had it on my computer for years, but have never watched it.

Fuck, man. Even if this were perfectly created in 3d space it just wouldn't be as good as the imagination is sparked with the image.

Not sure if I'll ever watch it.
It's some of the worst animation I've ever seen and the stories are pointed towards children (it aired on Saturday mornings I believe).
Might be depriving myself of some okay Trek but I've heard it's not most fans' cup of tea (as in it lacks that same feeling as TOS).

Dan Ackroyd in red.

yeah it's weird to watch since it's cartoon you get some really cool alien designs that would never work in live action (like aliens that are plants or live underwater) and most of TOS cast supplied the voices, but again since it's a cartoon some of the plots are off-the-wall bonkers like flying through a black hole into an opposite universe or Quetzalcoatl was actually a visiting alien.

Enterprise had the 2nd worst captain, 4 bad main characters (Trip, Travis, Hoshi and Reed), 1 good character they ruined with an awful romance story (T'Pol) and 1 good character that was just there for comedic purposes (Phlox)

>Dan Ackroyd
I heard Dan Ackroyd on Coast to Coast AM the other night on my way home from work talking about SETI and aliens.
Was so unexpected, I had no clue this was some new passion of his.

LOOKS LIKE FURCADIA

I think it has been for a while user. It sort of implies that Coneheads was his magnum opus on the subject.

Btw, did Snoory conduct that interview?

>Btw, did Snoory conduct that interview?
I actually think it was an Art Bell show.
Noory keep drive a nun to suicide. Art, on the other hand, has this subdued sense of humor that's evident at times.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

keep=could
No problem.

That's literally impossible.

>hating on Kira
YOU SERIOUS!?

I'm actually pissed off he has the temerity to put B'Elanna and Trip in red

What are the most kino scenes in Star Trek?

finale scene of DS9 for me

It's a faaaake!

>What are the most kino scenes in Star Trek?

DA DOWROCKT ISS GOWN TA SAFE US AWW YA HEAR?

DA DOWROCKT ISS A BIG POOFY PUFFA SMOKE, YEAH?

I enjoyed DS9 but I think it lacked exploration and discovery. I enjoyed the politics and character development though.

My favorite star trek series are tied between enterprise and voyager. Both had the sense of exploration, with a touch of modern cinematography and practical effects/cgi.

>I enjoyed DS9 but I think it lacked exploration and discovery.
But they purposely weren't going for that; they wanted the exploration to come to them at the station.

In fact, we were discovering and exploring except it was from the vantage point of the one being visited by outsiders.. namely those from the other side of the wormhole.

Not to mention, we had plenty of episodes that involved going to various Gamma Quadrant worlds and seeing new civilizations in a runabout or in the Defiant.

DS9's main detractor for me was the main characters. I think we grow to like some of them but others like Jadzia or Bashir never really have an arc or any true character growth. It's why I like so many of the outside characters like Dukat and Gark because we see more evolution in them than 3 of the main cast members by far.

Other than that and maybe the first two seasons, it's probably tied for number one out of all the series with TNG.

idk why people rate captains. All of them had distinct personalties and motives on their mission.
>Kirk was charismatic and confident
>Picard was honorable and loyal
>Sisko was independent and strong
>Janeway would do anything to save her crew and loved them
>Archer was aggressive and determined to complete his mission

All of them are equally great. I've never enjoyed one series more than another

I liked what I've seen so far. That first episode ended pretty fucked up like with the alien screaming "don't leave meeeee" as they left it on that planet forever. Definitely helps that the voices are the same, the animation isn't the best but it's not the worst. Definitely worth a watch if you need something else

>I AM CORNHOLIO

>This could've been Starfleet uniform of a post-VOY Trek we'll never get

>there will never be a tos era show with the proper girl uniforms using nylons again.

>good character
>Phlox

At least Neelix was just a cook. Imagine Neelix as the only doctor on your ship. That's Phlox.

How old exactly in holo technology\holodecks?
I remember that Riker in Encounter at Farpoint was amazed by a holodeck and it felt like it was a fancy new tech he saw for the first time in his life.
And then you have Janeway who mentions how she used to run that kids program about Flutter and the tree guy when she was a little girl.
Fuck you Rick Berman.

just watch voyager then, most of it's plots stem from outstanding star trek technical problems

Riker's from Alaska, they're a bit behind

>ywn suck fat Riker's fat cock

He is a good doctor though with a charming affability

Bashir did have some minor character growth in regards to his relationship with other characters improving as he learned to stop putting his foot in his mouth all the time and thinking before he spoke, particularly with O'Brien (reminder that Miles didn't even start to like Julian until 2x13 - Armageddon Game), and to a lesser extent with Major Bajor too. I didn't really care for the mutant stuff and that seemed to kill it, it would have been better if he got to keep all that buildup going instead of throwing it away to make him Data 2.

The holodeck first shows up in The Animated Series, so Janeway definitely could have used it as a kid, holodecks were pretty shitty early on though, the characters it created had limited interactive capability and games for kids were probably an easy thing they could manage (Tasha explains this to the ooga boogas in TNG too)

There's only one of those I've ever known about, and that one was a psychopathic asshole.

Oh hey. Just popping in to point out that the reason personnel don't run on the Enterprise during red alerts/crisis but power walk instead is because it minimizes adrenaline and makes them less likely to make mistakes.

Press FourSevenGammaDelta12345VictorEchoFinal67XYZQaplaAlphaCetiFrontier890STD on your PADD to subscribe to #FakeTrekFacts.

Also walking instead of running lessens the threat of bumping into each others or injuring yourself if and when you trip over anything and everything in a hurry

t. ex-navyman

You killed the thread.

Remember that time Archer brought his love slaves onto the ship?

This is probably the worst ranking I've ever seen.

Dukat > Damar > Garak

Good post. I really got mad until I saw the context.

I used to hate the ENT theme when I first started wwatching, then I started to fuckin' love it, til they made it a pop song in the later seasons. Seriously wtf were they thinking changing that?? Was perfect to start!

>I used to hate the ENT theme when I first started wwatching, then I started to fuckin' love it
Me too. I think it's nostalgia. The lyrics are perfect for Enterprise, so that's probably why I like it now.

>jealous chestlet in the background
kek

i love jeffrey combs

I actually liked Vic Fontaine.

>tfw locked in this cycle
>TOS-TNG-DS9-VOY-ENT
>I finish ENT and get right back to TOS
>send help
>p.s. fuck jj shit and that new sjw show

People hate him? I liked him. With all the holodeck accidents leading to sentient beings, at some point the Federation is going to have deal with the fact that there's going to be a bunch of holopeople running around demanding rights.

One reason the intro music sounds different is because UPN increased the playback speed of season 2 by 5%, season 3 by 10%, and season 4 by nearly 15%, all in order to put more ridiculous, hawking commercials into the hour, as if the show wasn't already rendered hard to watch by the excessive number of ads they squeezed into season 1. Sure, they added a few additional augments to the music to make it sound like it was redone, but it really wasn't, and anyone with a decent ear for music should be able to redily recognize that..

I know that feel user. I throw Scrubs in there too though.

Does anyone want to switch seats?

Zobral's men weren't the terrorists. The Israelis... wait... I mean the Torothans were the actual terrorists.

Timely, relevant and bonefide, but no.