Do Japanese actually sit like this all day?

Do Japanese actually sit like this all day?

>tfw elongated coccyx

I think I'd kill myself if I had to live in Japan

Her eyebrows enrage me

The girl of the blind brother is much cuter

proud american

It seems like asians do the same stuff we do only they make an effort to come up with an elaborate and retarded way of achieving the same results. Sturdy, sound proofed walls? Nah lets go with these flimsy, flammable literal paper walls that rip if you fart near them. I got an idea, what about a fork to hold and scoop food with and knife to cut big pieces into bite sized pieces? Here have two long sticks. Comfy, padded chairs? I'll go with putting all my weight on my kneecaps thank you very much

seeing how i had enough money for an upgraded pc but not for an HDMI monitor im using my tv and some shitty bedside table as the keyboard and mouse rest, i sit on the floor like this for the last month and i couldnt feel better

its why theyre bow legged

Fork needs iron.

It's medieval Japanese. They don't do that anymore.

No.

>Sturdy, sound proofed walls? Nah lets go with these flimsy, flammable literal paper walls
Japan is wracked by earthquakes fairly often. Most buildings were constructed to minimize labor in rebuilding and repairs. They figured out pretty early on that trying to build structures to withstand earthquakes pre-modern was pretty much impossible. So they went the opposite direction and anywhere that saw frequent earthquakes people built cheaply and efficiently instead. As a result Japan got very good at quickly building things, they could build whole towns and fortifications in just a couple days.

Although it backfired on them horrifically later on.

>US incendiary bombs vs Japanese wood/paper houses

I doubt if they sit like that all the time. Maybe just in front of important people.

Blood doesn't work that like.

It's for dramatic effect you realism faggot

Martial arts weeb here, the posture is called Seiza, its meant to be hard.

Its an etiquette thing mostly, but other stuff goes in there. One of my instructors, one of the more hippish ones used it as part of his Zhao Zen shit. We'd have laughed at him if he wasn't so tough

I'd also suspect its a subservience thing; the instructor or superior gets to stand up, while you stay in this tricky stance on the floor. you also have to get up in a particular way.

Aside; I have big stupid western feet, so getting into the posture is especially hard as the arches of my feet hold my shins off the floor. It's mostly aimed at Japanese folk who have different builds and "practice" it more.

You're only meant to hold it for a few minutes, if you're holding it for longer its for some bullshit pain reason. Example; if you hurt somebody in a fight/tournament, the etiquette says you have to turn your back to them and adopt the pose while the first aiders tidy the other person up. You are then allowed to stand up and face them, either shortly before the fight commences, or if you get disqualified

You wouldn't be the first to have that idea

why are japs and weebs so autistic?

YOOOOOOOOOOO

Dumb gooks not designing their medieval homes to withstand b29 raids

Ken-sama, is that you?

Japs are autistic because their aristocracy was far more absolute than our Western ones. I'm no expert but historically Europeans (and by extension Americans) have a lot more focus on individualism as opposed to, I dunno, compliance for the benefit of society.

An example I can pull off the top of my head; tax rates applied to the peasantry in Japan were huge, about 90% in times of war. Your master could kill you without any repercussions, indeed you literally offer up your head by bowing to him.

All their ceremonies have a basis in this; history, admittedly complicated by having come through a rose-tinted filter around the 1900s where Japanese hyper-nationalism started to exaggerate the old ways.

Regarding weebs; dunno, maybe we got bullied too much at school, that would explain the excessive number of hours we spend dressing up in silly clothes and shouting HAI!

So basically Japs are the biggest cucks there are.

Gooks are very insectoid in nature.

Thing is; the Japanese nobility were the biggest bunch of hypocrites out there. They preached honour and obedience and the Samurai code and all this bollocks, while simultaneously back-stabbing and scheming and betraying each other mercilessly.

Its probably a cultural thing; as a weather beaten Englishman I traditionally am mean to display absolute contempt by being super-polite... and then having the royal navy bomb your city. The Japs go in for all this absolute obedience shit, and then have loads of ways of wiggling out of it, or cheating which aren't apparent (or are just in jokes) to outsiders.

The other big thing I personally have noticed doing Japanese styles of punch-kick-block compared to other folk is the emphasis on not retreating. You're meant to go in hard and to not give up ground, the moves themselves are very much like that, Kamikaze even

I know, I sometimes look back at my teenage self and just sigh. Weebs and anime nerds are kinda lame. Still its too late for me now

Naw, that would be modern Europeans and Detroit autoworkers after Japan Inc gutted their homebase in the 80s Lolololol.

Singapore
Force Z
Japan wrecked you guys. The old footage still gets me fucking hard.

This delightful chap returned the favour in spades

Funny thing about Singapore; the Brits had a regiments of engineers there who could have turned the island into a fortress in just a few weeks. They weren't allowed to because "it might upset people"

We're a bloody weird island; don't want to upset a few folk one year, firebombing Dresden the next

>paper walls
The paper used is the consistency and strength of cloth. They build it out of wood because it's not economically feasible, pre industrialisation, to built everything out of stone. Contrary to popular belief treated wood is extremely strong, comparable to cement. Frequent earthquakes makes stone impractical. Japanese adapted by creating elaborate woodwork joints that could fit pieces like jigsaw puzzles. Fast, cheap, strong rebuilding.

>chop sticks
>can spear like a fork, scoop non liquids and delicately pick up small objects
>Americans too dumb to learn how to use two pieces of wood

so good damn

the saxon learning to hate, eh

Is she ok?

> paper fortifications

At least they could erect them quickly I guess

What movie?

Right? You need to future proof that shit.

>Thing is; the Japanese nobility were the biggest bunch of hypocrites out there. They preached honour and obedience and the Samurai code and all this bollocks, while simultaneously back-stabbing and scheming and betraying each other mercilessly.

Tbf isn't that all nobility in history? Look at the medieval Europeans with their chivalry.

Did she died?

the fork analogy is dumb as shit. they eat noodles in broth like we eat hamburgers. it has been a staple for them since forever. you can't eat that kind of shit with forks. you use chopsticks for them.

Is this the best one or Seven samurai?

>WE

RAN

>you can't eat that kind of shit with forks

retard

>watching all those samurai movies that happen in the winter
>everybody still wears the same flimsy kimonos and sandals they wear when they sweat like pigs in the summer

How did this entire nation survive a single winter?

noodles in soup isn't the same as spaghetti, western pig

>Thing is; the Japanese nobility were the biggest bunch of hypocrites out there. They preached honour and obedience and the Samurai code and all this bollocks, while simultaneously back-stabbing and scheming and betraying each other mercilessly.
You could say the exact same thing about European nobility and the code of chivalry.

You can say that for almost any civilization which had an elite class that preached the law of the land.

pretty sure that guy is slav

>delicately pick up small objects

wew lad

ive always liked ran more. kurosawa really, for me at least, went to another level once he started using colorization

Mu?

The samurai were a warrior class, they were supposed to be obedient to their feudal lords. And when you talk about backstabbing, aren't you basically referring to their civil war period?

Its whats called a shame-based society. There is no concept of individual guilt or bad conscience, its entirerly up to society to uphold ethics. You do bad and nobody knows? Well that means it never happened.

Its one step above clan-based society like in the middle east though.

that guy figured out that the screen is supposed to be at eye level at least