This season of Game of Thrones feels like fan fiction

theverge.com/2017/8/20/16125490/game-of-thrones-fan-service-jonerys-benioff-weiss-versus-grrm

>This season of Game of Thrones feels like fan fiction

>Man pinpoints exact reason why the writing for this season is so shallow and out of character in single sentence.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fA7YV
youtube.com/watch?v=yx9dRL1BCCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is going to be every show from now on. Just pandering to normies so they can make their epic reaction videons on social media.

But the hollowness of the writing the EPIC XD shit more boring

>theverge.com
next time post an archive link you turbofaggot
sage

Here is an archive OP.

archive.is/fA7YV

well, yeah. There's rarely a quality adaptation that doesn't follow the source material.

Jesus, this thread again... It's just a show for normies. Nothing deep or interesting here. Just enjoy it or get a life, dude.

I skimmed over the article and what I got out of it was
>New Season of GoT is a basically a fan fiction
>And its a good thing!
Tell me I missed something

>reading past the headline

>At times this season has practically felt like fan fiction — and that’s exactly what has made it one of the most satisfying seasons yet.
kek

If you really want to get triggered then watch the making of the episode and listen to DnD

>We have been wanting to have a big zombie polar bear for 4 seasons and this year we just did it
>The rational decision was for Jon to not get on the dragon and defend it from the handful of oncoming wights
>We needed an emotional moment for Benjen and Jon so we made him show his face to Jon
>We structured the whole episode from the idea of having a wight dragon and just wrote the story backwards from the final scene
>We were meant to kill Tormunt but we just changed our mind when we wrote it

youtube.com/watch?v=yx9dRL1BCCQ

>>We structured the whole episode from the idea of having a wight dragon and just wrote the story backwards from the final scene
Wow they even admit to it?! Every ones been calling this shit out for a what it is, contrived.

It literally is a fan fiction

jesus christ. these are basic writing fiction mistakes.

huh? That's a basic and very commonly used technique for fiction writing. Sure, overusing it is a mistake and you'll end up with something like LOST, but using it every so often is perfectly fine and can even enhance your story.

>bran can see everything past and future
>still baits his brother to get a dragon killed, doesn't prevent little finger from fucking with the stark girls

for what purpose

>The rational decision was for Jon to not get on the dragon and defend it from the handful of oncoming wights
oh come on

That's why you ignore pop culture in the first place you pleb

>We were meant to kill Tormunt but we just changed our mind when we wrote it

They really have lost their balls now that they can't rely on the books. The flying medieval atom bombs have entered the fight and they're still not able to kill off a character who's had more than 10 minutes of screentime throughout the entire series.
That's why there has been no sense of suspense in any of the battles this season. All of the main characters are invulnerable now.

But it's so jarring here. Everything in this season feels like a "milestone" that they "had to include at some point", and everything in between is contrived non-sense. The characters' behaviors are completely unreasonable and the sense of time passing is nonexistent.

Can you point out an example of this technique being used and the story feeling like it advanced organically?

>DABID ZOMBIE BEAR DABID

ok, frodo and gollum doing their thing and getting the ring destroyed. Obviously the whole story was structured with Frodo eventually making it to the fires of mount doom, everything up to that point can be seen as a gigantic contrivance, especially with the whole "eagles" criticism

Hollow is the keyword, funny I always wanted it to culminate in a faster action oriented show, and now that it has done that I don't like it!

There's already ice horses moron

The actual work that has been put in this season is great, just a shame that the most important aspect, the fucking scripts have been pretty shit.

hahahgahaahahahahahahah

jonlet thinking a dragon needs its help to defend itself

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

A character having a end goal he's set out towards isn't the same as writing backwards from a thing you want.

>I want to make Frodo lose his finger no matter what, so he'll kill several orcs, betray Sam totally out of character to marry a zombie goblin who'll bite off his finger in the honeymoon

this, OP baited me into reading a garbage normie article

Because is sort of is?i mean is a made up sequel of the fatfuck books soo...

>the visuals look more kinographic in this made for Youtube piece than they do in the actual episode

What convinced them to ruin the aesthetic appeal with the blue meme filters they use?

This happened to Better Call Saul season three

Every you are consuming is pop culture at this point. Except if you read your grandmas diaries or go to off-Broadway plays.

its been game of fanfiction for 3 seasons now

>man with his fans.jpg

more like "man surrounded by je...ugh... lannisters"

>mfw tv/film babbies pretend their medium is worthy of /lit/ tier writing
You're low-brow people with a low-brow hobby.

Holy fuck at those YouTube comments. Those comments make Sup Forums's discussions seem like an Ivy League film course.