Don't mind me. I'm just """"stealing"""" a movie

Don't mind me. I'm just """"stealing"""" a movie.

the product being stolen is the experience of seeing the movie, which is behind a paywall and owned and distributed by a film company

pirating a movie is stealing much like using a stolen ticket for a ride. you do not have the license or right to watch if you didnt pay the person who made or owns the movie

go fuck yourself payfag
who in their right mind would pay for a singleplayer game or for a shitty 2 hour movie?

its still not stealing, youre not taking anything away.

>"stealing" hollywood movies in the current year

You used the wrong pic friendo

Trying to morally justify piracy is like trying to justify traps not being gay
It's immoral, you're a fag, whatever, do you really give a shit?

Poorfags such as OP will go through a lot of mental gymnastics to defend piracy.
If these poorfags were original content creators themselves, maybe they had understand.

Why would you not just use a plunger or any kind of stick to move the blockage about

>making the false comparison of riding a rollercoaster inside a private theme park owned by a multinational corporation to sitting in your own chair in front of your own computer using your own internet to watch something that has no intrinsic value or even space in the universe. All the things wrong with your metaphor, like how there isn't a "spot" I'm taking from someone else when I pirate something, whereas if I illegally get on a rollercoaster I'm taking a seat from someone who waited in line. Your metaphor is shit, all metaphors regardling internet piracy are usually shit because the only shit argument you shiteaters have is shallow metaphors that never hold up to scrutiny

>tfw spilling soda and popcorn on the theatre floor for the janitor to clean
Nevermind me, just creating jobs for wagecucks

>mfw wageslaves are such bootlickers to their masters that they BUY films
It's always plebshit with them too, like tarantino or capeshit
as if the hacks making that kind of garbage deserve any more money

>I'm just copying 1s and 0s I'm not taking it physically.
You faggot liberals never learn do you...

You wouldn't download a car would you?

>I won't pay for it, it's shit
>but I absolutely wan't to see it anyway

if i watch my movie with my gf, is she stealing the experience since she didn't pay? faggot

You know, it's funny you ask that. Well user, "It's immoral, you're a fag, whatever, do you really give a shit?" happened long before you and I were even born. At the birth of the studio system, Jews, realizing the propaganda potential, began to either create their own studios or steal others. Paramount is a fine example - originally created and owned by William Wadsworth Hodkinson, a non-Jew, it was merged with the Jewish owned Famous Players Lasky, who then used controlling interests to oust Hodkinson and replace him with Jew Adolph Zukor. Paramount is worth over 800 billion dollars, today.

The Jews would use Hollywood as means to financial success, political power and influence, continuously placing Jews to be their successors in power so that the studios remained firmly in their hands. As time went on they would place more Jews into the spotlight - some of the earliest stars being Kirk Douglas (born Issur Danielovitch), or Hedy Lamarr (born Hedwig Kiesler), normalizing the presence of this minute minority in American daily lives.

Through Hollywood the Jews would spread social liberalism and Marxist ideals, mold American opinion, and finance their own nation. Multi-national media corporations using the law to "punish" people who watch films for free is just another reiteration of this, only now the American public seems to be finally getting sick of the Jewish presence in their lives.

you being a nut complete makes that entire conspiracy thing irrelevant

>wan't
Anti-piracy retards, everyone

It's immoral, you're a fag, whatever, do you really give a shit?

>I can't into economics the post
Piracy is what happens when you want the movie less than the cost of a ticket or dvd, but more than 10 minutes of your time and a bit of bandwidth.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Stop pirating.

I disagree OP, those film execs need butlers to hand them towels when they're on their private yachts.

Don't forget the champagne barrels as well, who wants to randomly run out of champers when they're in the middle of the south pacific?

Those poor poor film execs.

What he said is completely factually correct. Don't you find it the least bit interesting that you're rejecting his claims outright in a knee jerk fight-flight response simply because they include a couple of keywords? Give it a think sometime.

"Steal" from thieves? Wrong? I don't think so, Tim.

Hollywood deserves to go broke

>pirating a movie is stealing much like using a stolen ticket for a ride.
Except a ride has a certain number of available seats for paying customers, whereas digital media is just a file. Nice try paycuck

hey kid

want some stolen books

imagine you created painting that makes everyone expirience strongest orgasm in their lives, you invested 5 years of your life and 5000$ in this painting, and of course you want to get some money from that, but some sneaky bastard just makes quick photo, and everyone can see your painting for free on the internet, and no one pays the price to go to your galleries. Why would anyone pay you if they can see it for free?
I'm not saying "stop pirating", I'm pirating like crazy myself, but be honest with yourself and accept that this is not morally right thing to do

>a quick photo is the same thing as seeing the whole painting in real life
Make a better painting then, you artistically devoid faggot.

They're not thieves though. Corrupt? Nepotistic? Sure.

That's like an SJW calling somebody a nazi so they can easily justify their crimes against them. It's disingenuous and hypocritical.

cameras today are better than human eye

>pirate movie
>spill soda and popcorn on my own floor

this

why is he in the bathtub?

Too bad you still have to use human eyes to view the photo, you fucking moron.

Probably a bet or something

>pirate movie
>spill soda and popcorn on my parents' floor

FTFY

>make amazing orgasm painting
>try to flog it to people
>do nothing to ensure someone can't just take a quick photograph that replicates the exact effect
>flip your shit and start autistically screeching at people to stop looking at your picture instead of working on a better system to prevent them from being able to access it without paying in the first place
>paint another picture
>act surprised when people do the same thing again
Make better movies, make the cinema experience better, make it so I would rather pay to go see it than pirate, don't shit your pants and cry when I tell you to do one if all you can offer me is paying for something inexorably worse than what I can get for free
I'm with you that it is morally indefensible but the arguments against piracy are fucking stupid

>and no one pays the price to go to your galleries
except in the modern industry you have to fuck up really bad to get people to not see your movie. Look at how continuously successful marvel movies are.

Fucking based NEET poster.

>it's a piratefag pretends he never heard of counterfeiting before and everyone lives in a post scarcity world

I think that after pirating a ton of movies, music and a few games and books, I feel like almost everything I have to pay for is a complete rip off. Everything seems extremely expensive.

If exist, it must be pirated.

>babbies first greentext

I just don't understand how people can pay $60 for a video game and feel like they're not getting fucked over.

Counterfeit isn't stealing because no product is being taken from the company.

i have no qualms about stealing from a bunch of greedy jews

Yes, it's not stealing. Raping a baby also isn't stealing. What's your point?

Same. With music it's kind of different because I feel bad since some music really helps me out during tough times and I feel like I need to give something in return to the artist (but very rarely). Games are just escapism for teens and new movies are mostly shit.
I can't buy old movie DVD's in my country without the fear of being sold a counterfit copy and I don't want to download digital shit, I want to have the actual box with extras if I'm paying for a movie or for a music CD. The digital era makes paying for shit not worth it.

Why are you talking about raping babies? I bet you just posted that because the thought of it makes you hard.

>duplicating a file without paying for it is equitable to raping a baby

>Piracy is such a horrible crime
>It will make companies go bankrupt and kill the entertainment industry
>Has been around for 20 years or so
>Companies keep making billions
wtf I feel such a monster now

>paying for movies when you don't have to

I'm kind of outdated in videogame industry but I think it's worse these days since they sell a lot of "extras" or even chapters and epilogues separately from the main game.

Where can I watch The Layover for free? I wanna watch it but I don't want to benefit Daddario's career

All culture consuming should be free. We have the capability to do it. Artists and content creators would still be doing fine through donations. But that would lower the capital of media corporations so it must not be.

People seem to dig that though, episodic games are succesful as far as I know.

Also paying for anything if you can have it for free is fucking stupid in modern society. Companies don't give a fuck about your well-being, so you shouldn't give a fuck about theirs, unless it's beneficial for you to do so (which it pretty much never is).

Not really. Unless you count yearly releases as episodic. The only episodic game that I can think of that was successful is Twd.

Maybe it's something related to people not knowing what to spend their money on. People literally make so much money (I'm talking about average wagecucks here) that they don't know what to spend it on so they pay for movies.

Are you implying that multiplayer games are any good?

It's not a philosophical question, just read a law book.

If by piracy you mean strictly downloading, it's not a crime, it's a civil offense: only the other party ( AKA the company who made the product you downloaded ) will be able to sue you, and you are NOT facing jail.

If by piracy you mean uploading and distributing, then it's a crime, and anyone will be able to report you to the authorities. You'll face jailtime.

Theft is a crime.

Thread ends here

Shut you're mouth

nothing is being stolen

>just read a law book.
Piracy is not a crime under many jurisdictions.

That's my point, did you even read?

>theft
>the original is still intact and can continue to be sold
>the thief was never going to buy it anyhow, so literally no money is lost

Incorrect.

Tell me its ethical to charge for something you have unlimited copies of.

Copyright infringement is a crime but it's rarely enforced.

man you guys really cant read for shit

I think its the last "theft is a crime" line that everyone is focusing on. Damnit

laws change son, on times like these manspreading, eye rape, mean tweets and not using the correct gender pronouns can get you in problems,

idk about where you're from but where i'm from distribution is illegal but possession and consumption are not.

I'm a pirate

Dude got SWAT'd in France because he was downloading the latest season of Sex and the City.

if nothing is stolen, then it's not a crime or an offense.

theres nothing illegal about spilling a full cup of coke and a tub of popcorn on the floor at the theater. its only right to offset the cost of cleanup and admittance while providing work for the employees

Retarded analogy.

You can look up a picture of any painting moron people still go to museums

Stop making movies and media fucking expensive.lol 60 for a game ? What if it sucks I wont get a refund and you stole time from my life

>Playing video games after you're 16
wew lad

I havent played anything in years but 60 is stupid for a game

I thought Harvard students were supposed to be smart

Paying for shit is just as retarded as seeding

Ugh, this same old argument every day.
If you don't want to pay for it then don't pay for it! No one's forcing you!

If I had a custom, tuned car I wouldn't want someone else to have a duplicate of it for free. I would let people ride with me in my car if they like it but I don't want them to instantly get the result of my hard work for free.
I'm not quite sure what the car analogy is trying to prove. If it were food I would be okay if people got duplicate food of my food for free if they are starving. Idk if we can say we are "starving for entertainment".

I wonder how much gross income an album/single released under a major record label makes versus an independent label or self-released. The former must have some purpose, be it marketing or otherwise.

But Record Labels help the band get advertising and becoming well known. Having a small percentage of a huge number is better than a big percentage of a small number, right?

hitman did it too

WTF I'm subscribing to netflix right now! thank you for opening my eyes user!

You need to form a proper argument before spilling nonsense

kek
oh shut up you

>DUDE LMAO I INVENTED THE WHEEL, NOBODY SHOULD OWN THE WHEEL NOW BECAUSE I DID ALL THE BRAIN WORK

yeah and it almost shut down the studio

That's not what I mean, I mean like if I pimp my car, put a TV inside it, chrome rims, some rad decals on the sides and pearlescent paint that gets all the jaws dropping, I wouldn't want some random dude to have an exact copy of my car for free.

>the product being stolen is the experience of seeing the movie
So experiences are now copyrightable objects? I'll copyright getting laid, but I doubt you'll ever infringe it so it's moot to you.

>DUDE I WORE A PINK HAT AND A DRESS THIS MORNING NO BITCH OUT THERE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS FOR FREE LMAO
Literally what in the fuck did you make?