Zombie Simpsons Hate Thread

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk
youtube.com/watch?v=WRzsqcMX7mQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought the spring break/Kid Rock episode was ok. Also, Sneed.

The Simpsons always had pointless celebrity cameos

Fuck off with your shitty meme.

the point is that nothing memorable came after season 8-9 and the show currently only has flashy gimmicks

Kid Rock is not a meme. He'll be president someday.

Not that, the sneed shit.

stop watching it then the show has been shit for 15 years now

>t. Chuck cuck

The memorable moments is missing a scene, the one where that Charlie fellow owned a store, or was it Sne.. Stewart? Anyone know what i'm talking about?

2nd row, 1st column.

shit, that's what i meant

fuck off Chuck

Maggie was a kid genius since season 4 though.

I mean this image is stupid but that always gets me the most

>What went wrong?
By season 9 most of the writers had left, replaced by those who didn't understand the characters and didn't care to take as much time as the original team to write quality jokes. Its the reason the movie was so great, because a number of the original writers came and oversaw everything.

Simpsons was a cultural statement on sitcoms of that time, the kind that don't exist anymore, so the new writers being talentless hacks they are had no idea what to do with it, so now its ironically just a shitty sitcom.

the movie was not great, it was just acceptable (unlike the show had become)

It sneeded to change things up and focus on the town as a whole rather than constantly revolve around the stale antics of 4 tired characters.

oh look, regurgitating a recent youtube video.

How enlightening.

Does that somehow make it wrong?

Anyone watch this yet?

>The Fall of The Simpsons: How it Happened

>hard working father
This has never been the case.

No, it makes it tiresome.

When said youtube commentary isn't even that good to begin with, parroting it makes it all the worse.

>The Simpsons always had pointless celebrity cameos

They had a little bit more of a point to the plot and contributed nothing to the show other than "hey look it's x"!

>black homer simpson
lmao which episode is that

>lmao which episode is that

How even knows anymore? Seems like that plot line has happened 4 times now.

this is massively cherrypicked though, the rest of both theme songs are actually really good

It gets old. It's not intelligent to repeate the same talking [points for the hundredth time, based on a video that does exactly that as well. Wow, there was a change in tone at Season 9? Never heard that before.

It's made all the more retarded since pretty much everyone has a personal set of simpsons seasons they like and it's not as clear cut as that. All the people saying it stopped being good at S6 all the way up to S16 shows that

>90's Simpsons
>Celebrity plays a character or is mocked
>Zombie Simpsons
youtube.com/watch?v=WRzsqcMX7mQ

Why did Barny go from a drunk to a coffee drink to back to drunk?

>It's made all the more retarded since pretty much everyone has a personal set of simpsons seasons they like and it's not as clear cut as that. All the people saying it stopped being good at S6 all the way up to S16 shows that
People can like whatever they want, people clearly still like the current train wreck of Simpsons, enough for it to keep airing, but that doesn't mean its any good. People can like shit things, general opinion doesn't mean shit because most people have bad taste, not because they are shitty people but because theres a massive difference between someone who gives a shit to learn and look into why something is good/bad, and someone who just doesn't care. As an example, I like all kinds of shit music, but I don't really pay attention to what I'm listening to half the time, its understandable someone "into" music would have better taste than me.

tl;dr Shitty opinions doesn't mean the simpsons hasn't dropped in quality/changed from 90's simpsons.

Homer was not very hard working

Because the writers are trying anything to make people give a shit. Barny was changed in the same way Skinner was made into Armon, or The Simpsons to have black in their family tree, so a headline can be made about how progressive or interesting the show is. The same reason you don't get a single episode nowadays without a celeb guest staring, fox are pushing right to the edge of keeping the show profitable. Why do you think they switched to that shitty flash animation? Not because it looked better, but it being faster and cheaper.

So you're citing youtube as a source? You're fucked in the head.

A source for what?

No, I definitely agree that there's a quality dip between old and new simpsons.

My point is, these discussions are always phrased so objectively when in truth, the fanbase really does not agree at all on what the final cutoff point is.

So you always see the same start of the discussion "this is MY simpsons!" but then you see different conlusions with "up to S12/S16/HD era/any number of things.

Like, I'm in the boat that thinks simpsons indeed became shit, but they managed to at least recover partially from the dead zone of total shit that was late Scully/early Jean. Others think the opposite and say at least Scully era was fun even if everything was off. The fanbase is too broken for anyone person or opinion to speak for it

a source for the claim that the content of simpsons jokes has changed drastically
every episode in every season of the simpsons is not "common knowledge" and therefore claims made about them must be backed up